St. Petersburg Mad Monks

undead

It's been a while since I had any new concepts to post so I worked hard to finish this one. For as long as I've been interested in sports logos, I always wanted to make a team called the St. Petersburg Mad Monks. The name Mad Monk is a name used to describe Rasputin, who I use as my avatar on this site. For those who don't know, Rasputin was a holy man who was very close to the russian royal family during WWI. His influence on the family is thought to have brought about the end of the Tzars which led to Communism. Rasputin was killed but he didn't go easily. He needed to be shot four times, beaten, castrated, poisoned, and drowned. This spirit of not giving up inspired me to create this logo:

MadMonksPrimary2withoutline-1.png

I wanted the logo to look mean and sneaky(some pictures taken of Rasputin he looks angry, see my avatar). I tried to use more dynamic shapes than I ever have before to add character to the design. The font for 'St Petersburg is Nyet. 'Mad Monks' is a customized version of Kremlin advisor display kaps. The Mad Monks wordmark is the most customized wordmark to date for me.

Hope you like it. Let me know what you think.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

There's a bar near me named "Monks". If they ever wanted to update and go with "Mad Monks", this would look great as a bar logo (replace STP with Phila of course.) It's a little much for a jersey crest, but with a little cleaning up of some of the sharp angles (the fists for example), it could be great. Cool back story too.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Solid logo - great colors and pretty good design. The fonts were also a good choice.

I had a fantasy team for the college football league a few years back called the St. Benedict's Monks, it was just a recolorization of the Providence Friars.

By the way, great story-line about the development of your logo, thanks for sharing.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Personally, I like the concept and where you are going with it. It might actually be off-center, but it didn't feel that way when I first saw it. It was like there was a sense of action to the overall logo.

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

Archived