Washington Redskins Redesign

Cola

I have to admit that I am not much of an NFL fan for various reasons. College football is where it is at for me. However, if I had to claim a team during my lifetime- it would be the Washington Redskins. When growing up, they were always televised...so it was all I knew. About the same reason I pull for UNC basketball when most South Carolina alumni can't stomach the university.

Anyhow, the logo. There were a few things I have never liked about Washington's set:

- including the actual skin tone of the subject in the logo.

- black. never has seemed necessary to me. burgundy takes care of anything black could.

- too many feathers in the logo; feathers on the Redskin and feathers on the circle.

- the general "portrait" depiction of the Redskin figure

- the indifference of the guy in the logo; doesn't seem angry or sad.

These are the things I have attempted to correct while adding a bit of my own flare to the logo.

Note: Don't care about your stance on Native American logos, I respectfully ask you to keep it out of the thread.

C&C always appreciated.

RedskinsRedesign.jpg

As much as I can't stand the Redskins moniker, this is well done. The top of the head could bubble out a little more. Also the cheek should move forward. Finally, there's a point at the bottom of the chin that reads like a goatee, which I don't think belongs. I do like what you've emphasized in your edits. Aside from those few tweaks, it good.

Update.

- removed chin area that appeared to be a goatee to some

- slightly shifted eyes forward, wanted to keep them looking upward since the head is tilted that direction

- lowered and forwarded the jaw

- adjusted mouth area to appear less "sad"

- added hair line

- showed helmet options

- played with vegas gold option

WashingtonRedskins_Re2.png

this logo still looks sad to me

What do you suggest to make it more "mean" without adding too many details to overkill the logo? I felt sharp facial features would convey anger, and the mouth area is tricky without adding teeth or some kind of grimace like the FSU logo has.

You did a great job making your logo, but as a Skins fan, I personally wouldn't want that logo. I think there is nothing wrong with the current logo.

I just feel the current logo is severely outdated...mainly, I think including the skin color of the figure in the logo really dates it. The double placement of feathers is my 2nd biggest peeve.

looks good, but it needs more chin and higher cheekbones

i second the cheekbone comment. higher and forward some.

also, the sad look is a result of the mouth being pouty, and the eyes looking upward, as if holding back tears.

maybe try eliminating the gold, and filling the eye in completely for a shadow look.

I like where you're going with this. I'll echo the 'higher cheekbone' comments.

The only thing I'd add is I think the feathers need to be a bit bigger ... or hang down lower. Just so they can stand in better for the current double set of feathers.

Otherwise, a nice update.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived