Utah Jazz Re-Brand

bohob

I had some time to work on this while I getting comments on the Suns concept. I never understood the mountain theme for the Jazz, really. What do snow caps have to do with music? I know the argument that Utah isn't known for jazz music, but is St. Louis known for its rams? On the primary, I developed a Saxophone J, which also acts as the secondary. The colors are now purple, silver and light blue. I have also included a modernized J-note as the tertiary. C&C please.

jazz_logos.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simply FLAWLESS. You definately nailed this one bohob. The only things I could suggest is throwing the mountains at the top of the primary, send this back to the Utah theme. Maybe reverse the perspetive on the sax, so that the shaft connected to the mouthpiece is behind the actual hole. Of course this would still look perfect without it, but that's the only c n' c I could give ya. :P

THIS IS GREAT!!!!

but. wouldnt it look better if it was the New Orleans Jazz? and there was gold in there??

I'm reverting the Hornets back to the Jazz in my NBA redesign. (spoiler...)

This, though, is incredible even if in Utah! It's just that the sax creates an EVEN MORE removed identity from Utah.

This looks like a New Orleans logo

Pretty good, but I'd use the mountains somewhere, too. Utah is known for its mountains, you know. :)

Yeah the mountains are nice and all but Utah is the Jazz capital of the world.

On topic, I like the work a great deal but I'm not crazy about the color combo.

BB52Big.jpg

So what will be the name of the Utah NBA Franchise?

Hopefully the Hornets, since Utah is the Beehive State.

But great concept, I love it with the mountains on there.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

You could raise the mountains a bit more, and possibly add some detail in there. This is definately giving off a more of a Utah vibe though.

That echoed, and also maybe skew the angle of the mountains to the right to counter the left dominance brought on by the wordmark.

VmWIn6B.png

I'm going to agree with those that think the sax would be better facing toward us. To me the "Jazz" wordmark seems to take a sudden turn. Otherwise curving the wordmark might allay my issue.

Big fan of the tertiary logo

Count me in the camp of those who'd like to see more mountains (maybe with more definition/details) and less ball. Also, I've got a problem with the juxtaposition of the perspective of the type (which seems way too flattened and awkward), the perspective of the mountains (which seem to be viewed normally), and that gigantic ball. Something about those three very different perspectives (especially the type) is throwing me for a loop and making it hard to appreciate this. All that said, I like the general steps you've taken. I just think this needs some refinement.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

So what will be the name of the Utah NBA Franchise?

Hopefully the Hornets, since Utah is the Beehive State.

But the city of New Orleans has kind of adopted the Hornets as their own. I don't think they'd have it the other way.

1909.png1925.png1960.png1971.png1979.png

1991copycopy.png

Archived