NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

I don't know if it's radical, but the Kings' main color on the white sweaters (besides white, duh) is purple, while there's no purple whatsoever on the black sweaters. I can't think of a good reason to have such a mismatch except for "the black ones look cool," which yeah they do, but then why not have matching white versions of them if they're so cool?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't quite know what to make of it, but the jerseys selected for a weekend-long sale at River City Sports are... interesting.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I don't quite know what to make of it, but the jerseys selected for a weekend-long sale at River City Sports are... interesting.

Wish I could buy one, but RCS's shipping is almost as much as the jersey!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I don't know if it's radical, but the Kings' main color on the white sweaters (besides white, duh) is purple, while there's no purple whatsoever on the black sweaters. I can't think of a good reason to have such a mismatch except for "the black ones look cool," which yeah they do, but then why not have matching white versions of them if they're so cool?

I dislike mismatching identities as much as most people do, but this is different. The Kings are promoting a much better looking black home jersey, so far just for the playoffs. I've heard that the RBK list of changes may not be the final thing, more changes might be added to that list. Personally, I have no clue if the time limit has expired to add more changes or not. If the Kings go for it and make the switch, of course I would want a matching road jersey to come along. What they are doing now is a good start, though.

The Kings current set is not ugly and it never was, but I do find the purple and black mixture outdated. I think it's just time for them to get a change. The black and white jersey is awesome. I don't mind the arm piping because it's not used in a overbearing manner like other teams. The sheild logo is also okay but so is the crown. Whichever crest they use, I'll be fine with it.

I actually do like the purple/black/silver uniforms (minus the ridiculous "Los Angeles" across the hem), but I guess I might be nostalgic about the "Raiders" color. The Kings did go to their only Stanley Cup wearing those and was the Gretzky era. Has LA really had higher times in their history?

habsfan1: I'm not actually changing my desire to see the piping go, but I'll admit the the piping on the thirds looks way better than other RBK piping, so my use of the word "silly" was mostly in reference to RBK piping in general.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

I don't think that selection of sales jerseys means anything. The CBJ home and away are not going anywhere, neither is the Flames retro or Pred 3rd according to this thread.

Flames retro is going... at least on that template. So yeah... CBJ and MIN are interesting indeed...

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I hope that the Sabres knock some sense into themselves and wear the third jerseys for their home games in the playoffs. If that happens we will only have to see the Sabres blue slugs only more 3 times.

saBS.png

I don't think that selection of sales jerseys means anything. The CBJ home and away are not going anywhere, neither is the Flames retro or Pred 3rd according to this thread.

Flames retro is going... at least on that template. So yeah... CBJ and MIN are interesting indeed...

Well, we know the Jackets are debuting a third with a cannon-based logo. So perhaps the cannon is making its way to the shoulders on the home and road? As for the Wild, I think they're ditching the wordmark shoulder logos on the road jerseys. And perhaps, maybe, they're making some tweaks to the other two to achieve some level of consistency, because, good Lord, just look at those three jerseys next to each other.

Don't know why the Nashville 3rd would be on clearance, since that's becoming the primary home next year, unless they're modifying the shoulder patches or ditching the checkerboard pattern (hopefully not). Unloading only the white Isles jersey suggests maybe the navy one could be sticking around as an alt. And the wholesale unloading of the Coyotes - well, RCS is based in Winnipeg, so maybe that's unbridled optimism on their part.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Fair enough, they could be blowing out inventory of the non-edge Flames retro to clear them out before the edge fabric version appears. Which will, I guess, not be marred by that horrible anniversary logo the flames had.

Edit: Coyotes related, assuming no relocation, perhaps a return to a hem stripe, ala Toronto.

As Kings fan, the "Los Angeles" on the bottom is and always has been horrible. The loss of the stripes on the bottom is horrible. The shoving black down our throats is horrible. The only thing I like about the alternate jersey is that you can read the numbers and names better, other wise it's a horrible look. Oh and that crest on the third is horrible as it's forced and the "LA" in it, is completely stupid. Luc should stick to giving retirement speeches that never end and stop designing jerseys. I'm tired of black, it's a horrible color.

Nothing to back this up, but I'm thinking the Canucks are getting rid of the current home jersey and replacing that with the stick in rink (current third). The only reason I'm thinking that is becasue at the superskills last month team blue was wearing the thirds and team white had the white road's.

They have changed their logo's, colours and jerseys so often the past few years I think they'll have to stick with what they have for a year or two longer before they can make another change.

The Pens are doing away with the baby blue jerseys, no word on what they will go with but I would expect the black and gold of the previous glory years.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

I hope that the Sabres knock some sense into themselves and wear the third jerseys for their home games in the playoffs. If that happens we will only have to see the Sabres blue slugs only more 3 times.

I'd love that. With the new white sweater next year, the Sabres' look will be the class of the NHL.

Well, we know the Jackets are debuting a third with a cannon-based logo. So perhaps the cannon is making its way to the shoulders on the home and road? As for the Wild, I think they're ditching the wordmark shoulder logos on the road jerseys. And perhaps, maybe, they're making some tweaks to the other two to achieve some level of consistency, because, good Lord, just look at those three jerseys next to each other.

Don't know why the Nashville 3rd would be on clearance, since that's becoming the primary home next year, unless they're modifying the shoulder patches or ditching the checkerboard pattern (hopefully not). Unloading only the white Isles jersey suggests maybe the navy one could be sticking around as an alt. And the wholesale unloading of the Coyotes - well, RCS is based in Winnipeg, so maybe that's unbridled optimism on their part.

As I understand it, the Wild's road shoulder logo is indeed leaving, but I'm not sure how soon. I haven't heard of the road jersey itself changing for this season.

I'd love that. With the new white sweater next year, the Sabres' look will be the class of the NHL.

I hate hypotheticals, but here's a hypothetical - if they were to somehow win the cup this year, and it was on the road, would it be even just a little bit disappointing that the pictures that would be framed forever would be of the players raising the cup while wearing the Slug? That the Slug would be immortalized? I'm pretty sure I'd be a little ticked if the Flyers had ever won it while wearing black. Of course, I won't have to worry about them winning it in any color for a while, but that's a different story.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I hate hypotheticals, but here's a hypothetical - if they were to somehow win the cup this year, and it was on the road, would it be even just a little bit disappointing that the pictures that would be framed forever would be of the players raising the cup while wearing the Slug? That the Slug would be immortalized? I'm pretty sure I'd be a little ticked if the Flyers had ever won it while wearing black. Of course, I won't have to worry about them winning it in any color for a while, but that's a different story.

I would not care what the Sabres wore if and when they won a Cup at first. But a few weeks after I would probably wish they had the crossed swords logo as a crest.

saBS.png

What would happen if the Sabres pulled out the Winter Classic sweaters for the playoffs? Would the referees send them back to their dressing room?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

More assumptions....

- Minnesota: Possibly having a different, slightly darker shade of green for all the jerseys.

- Nashville: They could be making just a minor, minor change to that jersey, there's no way it could be anything more.

- Columbus: Like people said, propably just new shoulder patches with a cannon.

- Phoenix: If the Coyotes were just adding hem stripes, why is their alternate also on clearence?

- Edmonton: Using the retro permanently without adding a matching road??????????

Archived