NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

I heard the Flyers weren't going to be in the Playoffs.

Haha! Just kidding! Besides, I'm not really one to talk, the way it was looking for Detroit until this month. I actually hope the Flyers hold on, and, if it's true, using the WC jerseys would be a good move.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Winter Classic in Pittsburgh (Heinz Field) is about to be announced with Pens hosting the Caps...start the jersey speculation.

Source?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

The Associated Press had this:

Crosby-Ovechkin Winter Classic may be played in Pittsburgh on Jan. 1

... although the version in the paper was so short I misread it as a near-done deal. The full version has even more hedging. The key phrase from the above link, I suppose:

A person with knowledge of the discussions told The Associated Press on Sunday that Pittsburgh is in a strong position to be chosen as the host.

For what it's worth, the Wrigley Winter Classic "almost done" talk started really early with no official announcement for months.

Theres no way the league would let the Flyers go with the Winter Classic jerseys for the playoffs, even though they are switching to them next year.

And having the Pens in another Winter Classic? Not fair, theres alot of other teams that havent been in it yet and they should have a shot first. Put Ovechkin in it and have it at RFK to avoid NFL schedule conflicts.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Why wouldn't the league let the Flyers use the Winter Classic jerseys in the playoffs?

Many teams have uses a different jersey come playoff time.

Dallas in '99 wore the green

Toronto wears their white 3rd

The Kings will be using their 3rd

etc...

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Why wouldn't the league let the Flyers use the Winter Classic jerseys in the playoffs?

Many teams have uses a different jersey come playoff time.

Dallas in '99 wore the green

Toronto wears their white 3rd

The Kings will be using their 3rd

etc...

Those were all full time thirds, this was a one time special jersey. I hope Im wrong, I love those jerseys (minus the black name patch)

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

And having the Pens in another Winter Classic? Not fair, theres alot of other teams that havent been in it yet and they should have a shot first. Put Ovechkin in it and have it at RFK to avoid NFL schedule conflicts.

I sort of agree. It is unfair. Still, I understand why they're doing it. Ovechkin and Crosby are the league's top two stars, so I can see why the NHL would want them playing each other the one time casual American sports fans pay attention to the NHL.

I sort of agree. It is unfair. Still, I understand why they're doing it. Ovechkin and Crosby are the league's top two stars, so I can see why the NHL would want them playing each other the one time casual American sports fans pay attention to the NHL.

Who cares about fair? The NHL certainly should not. The WC is a major promotion of the NHL and the last thing anyone wants to see is Atlanta VS Calgary. The WC should be reserved for the top 5-10 teams in the span of 1-3 years. I want to see a great game, great rivalry, and marquee players. Of course, this is just MY opinion.

If I have to watch the Pens again on New Years, they might as well rename it the Crosby Classic

I would say 90% of Americans would agree. But people love watching Ovechkin. I like the fact that ESPN refers to him as the Lebron of the NHL. It really makes sense when you think about it. When you watch them two play, its completely different than any other athletes. They are exciting and make some of the most amazing plays you will ever see. Crosby just camps out in front of the net and waits for people to pass him the puck. He is probably like the Chris Bosh of the NHL or something. The most popular player on his team, but if the average American is flipping through the channels they aren't going to stop to watch him.

So the choice of the Capitals was perfect. Penguins? again? that's just stupid! why not the Devils? Will all the popularity of the American Parise due to the olympics, that would be an amazing game.

judging by your sig...there's no point even arguing

yes those 4 players have nothing in common or anything like that

so what you're saying is you have nothing, then?

Well obviously for some reason you like crosby. Which means an argument would be pointless. I have never been impressed with his play or his prima donna attitude and don't really feel like arguing about hockey.

judging by your sig...there's no point even arguing

yes those 4 players have nothing in common or anything like that

so what you're saying is you have nothing, then?

Well obviously for some reason you like crosby. Which means an argument would be pointless. I have never been impressed with his play or his prima donna attitude and don't really feel like arguing about hockey.

Someone's bitter over the Olympics.

Well obviously for some reason you like crosby.

Do you know the other 3 players in my sig?

I have never been impressed with his play or his prima donna attitude and don't really feel like arguing about hockey.

I don't care if you like him or not. I'm just saying the assertion that he only "camps in front of the net and waits for people to pass him the puck" is absolutely ridiculous.

1zgyd8w.jpg

Archived