NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

Now if only the Angels could figure out where they're located... As a fan, SilverNRed, which do you prefer? California, Anaheim, Los Angeles (of Anaheim)? (I see the CA avatar, so I have my suspicions, but I'm curious.)

Oh, and this is the NHL thread, so: I'm glad the Sabres are gradually getting back to their original identity. "Retro" can be a bit overdone, but there's something to be said for a long-standing tradition and consistency. No need to ask which team is top on my list in that department. ;)

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Official unveiling of the Crunch's new logo brings a bigger version

Crunch_2010-11_Logo_Image_404X270.jpg

The Syracuse Crunch unveiled today a revised logo and new team colors in recognition of their new partnership with the NHL?s Anaheim Ducks.

The revised logo features the club?s classic moniker depicting the face of an ice gorilla biting through a hockey stick with the word ?CRUNCH? emblazoned in ice block letters above him and showcases the new team colors of black, ice blue, metallic gold and burnt orange.

In addition, the Crunch will unveil a brand new uniform design that includes the new team colors in the upcoming weeks.

LINK

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

In addition, the Crunch will unveil a brand new uniform design that includes the new team colors looks exactly like what the Ducks wear in the upcoming weeks.

Fixed.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Official unveiling of the Crunch's new logo brings a bigger version

Crunch_2010-11_Logo_Image_404X270.jpg

The Syracuse Crunch unveiled today a revised logo and new team colors in recognition of their new partnership with the NHL’s Anaheim Ducks.

The revised logo features the club’s classic moniker depicting the face of an ice gorilla biting through a hockey stick with the word ‘CRUNCH’ emblazoned in ice block letters above him and showcases the new team colors of black, ice blue, metallic gold and burnt orange.

In addition, the Crunch will unveil a brand new uniform design that includes the new team colors in the upcoming weeks.

LINK

"Ice Gorilla". That answers my almost ten year old question of "What the hell is that thing?".

It's always been a terrible nickname and the logo while under the Blue Jackets was awful and these new colors only make it worse, but even the hockey glove punched ice gorilla "crunching" on a hockey stick can't beat this bad boy. Worst AHL logo ever

That thing is so bad it deserves its own CCSLC logo nickname. "Crunch Man"? It could be the older brother of the Canton Ice Patrol.

PvO6ZWJ.png

judging by your sig...there's no point even arguing

yes those 4 players have nothing in common or anything like that

so what you're saying is you have nothing, then?

Well obviously for some reason you like crosby. Which means an argument would be pointless. I have never been impressed with his play or his prima donna attitude and don't really feel like arguing about hockey.

It's supposed to be Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young. (Sidney Crosby, Cory Stillman, Rick Nash, and Scott Young).

His sig is a very very very fine sig.

*sigh*

The obvious reply. You're so much better than this.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The slump continues. Look, it was that or "Ohio." I don't really like CSNY the way I love solo Neil. "Immigration Man" is a pretty awesome song but I think that's just Crosby and Nash.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Regular season starts Monday, Admiral. You'd best find a slumpbuster, or you might end up getting shipped down to the sportslogo.net logo threads on a reconditioning stint. No one wants to see you go all Mackey Sasser on us.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Oh, and this is the NHL thread, so: I'm glad the Sabres are gradually getting back to their original identity. "Retro" can be a bit overdone, but there's something to be said for a long-standing tradition and consistency. No need to ask which team is top on my list in that department. ;)

I know. Montreal does indeed have a simple, classic set :P

I agree though, it's nice to see the Sabres return to their roots. While the old set still looks dated (in my opinion), they aren't going back to the old set exactly. They're going with an "updated" version of their classic look. I know it sounds contrived to say that simply adding silver and switching from royal blue to navy freshens a look up, but in the case of the classic Sabres look I actually think it does. The Sabres, with their updated vintage set, will be one of the best dressed teams in the NHL next season.

As for their alternate, I'm preparing myself for an uninspired "script" sweater, but hey, it'll be better than the Slug.

I agree though, it's nice to see the Sabres return to their roots. While the old set still looks dated (in my opinion), they aren't going back to the old set exactly. They're going with an "updated" version of their classic look. I know it sounds contrived to say that simply adding silver and switching from royal blue to navy freshens a look up, but in the case of the classic Sabres look I actually think it does. The Sabres, with their updated vintage set, will be one of the best dressed teams in the NHL next season.

As for their alternate, I'm preparing myself for an uninspired "script" sweater, but hey, it'll be better than the Slug.

Oh! I was talking about the Makebeliefs. :P

I fully agree with you -- the addition of silver to the Sabres really does do a lot to improve upon the classic. The plain blue and yellow jerseys were a bit off somehow. There are only two teams in the NHL that can pull off only using two colors. I hope you can figure out which two those are. ;)

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

I fully agree with you -- the addition of silver to the Sabres really does do a lot to improve upon the classic. The plain blue and yellow jerseys were a bit off somehow. There are only two teams in the NHL that can pull off only using two colors. I hope you can figure out which two those are. ;)

Atlanta and Florida! :P

I'm really excited about the Leafs' new sweaters for next season (hey, it's the most exciting thing I have to look forward to next season ;) ). The return of waist stripes and an alternate logo are good news. If they don't screw it up, I may break my rule and buy a Leafs' Edge sweater.

Atlanta and Florida! :P

I'm really excited about the Leafs' new sweaters for next season (hey, it's the most exciting thing I have to look forward to next season ;) ). The return of waist stripes and an alternate logo are good news. If they don't screw it up, I may break my rule and buy a Leafs' Edge sweater.

Yes. Atlanta and Florida clearly wear only two colors/colours. :rolleyes:

I, too, am happy to hear the Leafs are going to be making a few tweaks. I've always liked their simplicity. They look classy (I didn't like the '80s sweaters though). I just wish they were a better team for the sake of the rivalries with both Montreal and Detroit.

You know, the only reason I have a Wings' Edge sweater is because my old Starter replica from '97 was in a suitcase stolen from the Detroit airport. (along with my university jersey. :angered::down::cry:

I hate the slits along the sides of the waist and I the NHL shield on the color annoys me more and more each time I wear it. Just give me a little red and orange shield on the back hem (RBK logos on the upper back suck too).

Am I the only person who likes the Sabres' late 90s red/black identity?

No, you weren't. I think that look is the Sabres' best look ever. Much better than the bland crap worn from their inception until 1996 and waaaaaaaaaay better than what they sport now.

Couldnt agree more, I never liked the Sabres original uniforms or logo. The way the stripes on the hem of the white didnt match the stripes on the sleeves always seemed odd and the logo has always looked flat and static to me.

When they changed in 1996 I thought "finally the Sabres have an attractive looking set," and unlike alot of designs of the mid 90's these jerseys held up pretty well. They still looked great the last time they saw action in the 06 playoffs.

That being said they were a pretty big departure and I can understand why Sabres fans would be partial to their original uniforms. Its interesting that such a radical redesign occured a year after the infamous Islanders Fisherman overhaul wihtout generating nearly as much backlash. Had the Sabres finished in the cellar that year, would the new uniforms have been phased out after 2 seasons?

Am I the only person who likes the Sabres' late 90s red/black identity?

No, you weren't. I think that look is the Sabres' best look ever. Much better than the bland crap worn from their inception until 1996 and waaaaaaaaaay better than what they sport now.

Couldnt agree more, I never liked the Sabres original uniforms or logo. The way the stripes on the hem of the white didnt match the stripes on the sleeves always seemed odd and the logo has always looked flat and static to me.

When they changed in 1996 I thought "finally the Sabres have an attractive looking set," and unlike alot of designs of the mid 90's these jerseys held up pretty well. They still looked great the last time they saw action in the 06 playoffs.

That being said they were a pretty big departure and I can understand why Sabres fans would be partial to their original uniforms. Its interesting that such a radical redesign occured a year after the infamous Islanders Fisherman overhaul wihtout generating nearly as much backlash. Had the Sabres finished in the cellar that year, would the new uniforms have been phased out after 2 seasons?

Probably not. But had the Sabres won 4 Stanley Cups...

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Yet another nail in the coffin for the Banana Slug: it didn't even make it onto the hats the Sabres broke out tonight after clinching the Northeast Division...

http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/photos?gameId=300406002&photoId=567273

The hats look nice though. Nice and simple. MLB could learn a thing or two there.....

If the Sabres earn themselves a banner at the end of the playoffs, there's no way the Slug is going on it. I don't see how they could let it happen.

Yet another nail in the coffin for the Banana Slug: it didn't even make it onto the hats the Sabres broke out tonight after clinching the Northeast Division...

http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/photos?gameId=300406002&photoId=567273

The hats look nice though. Nice and simple. MLB could learn a thing or two there.....

If the Sabres earn themselves a banner at the end of the playoffs, there's no way the Slug is going on it. I don't see how they could let it happen.

In Buffalo we put up banners for division championships too. You guys in Montreal don't have to worry about this since you've got a Stanley Cup banner or two (or 24) in your rafters, and you have no reason to clutter the place up with division banners.

The new Northeast Division banner (hopefully without a banana slug) will give us 10 division, conference, or President's Trophy banners -- in 40 years of hockey. (Maybe the next 40 will go better...)

Archived