NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Sabres have a few banners with the Slug already though right? Hopefully they pull a Pittsburgh and redo them with the updated classic logo.

Disagree...I like when the logos on the banner reflect the era in which they were won. When the Sabres updated their banners in 2007, they redid them with the goat logo, even though it was gone for a year.

My link

The Sabres have a few banners with the Slug already though right? Hopefully they pull a Pittsburgh and redo them with the updated classic logo.

Disagree...I like when the logos on the banner reflect the era in which they were won. When the Sabres updated their banners in 2007, they redid them with the goat logo, even though it was gone for a year.

My link

Disagree. Ugly logs are ugly.

Apparently tomorrow the league will announce that the 2011 All-Star game will be held at the RBC Center in Raleigh. No tellin' if the logo will be introduced as well.

I'm so glad we're getting the game, especially considering fans were promised one years ago by Bettman. This area is full of knowledgeable hockey fans and the Hurricanes are well loved by most everyone in the community. At the same time, I'm kind of shocked that Pittsburgh won't be awarded the game, considering the brand new arena and the success of the Penguins.

screenshot-2017-09-15-18-37-19.png

Yet another nail in the coffin for the Banana Slug: it didn't even make it onto the hats the Sabres broke out tonight after clinching the Northeast Division...

http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/photos?gameId=300406002&photoId=567273

The hats look nice though. Nice and simple. MLB could learn a thing or two there.....

If the Sabres earn themselves a banner at the end of the playoffs, there's no way the Slug is going on it. I don't see how they could let it happen.

In Buffalo we put up banners for division championships too. You guys in Montreal don't have to worry about this since you've got a Stanley Cup banner or two (or 24) in your rafters, and you have no reason to clutter the place up with division banners.

The new Northeast Division banner (hopefully without a banana slug) will give us 10 division, conference, or President's Trophy banners -- in 40 years of hockey. (Maybe the next 40 will go better...)

The only banners that went up in recent years at the Bell Center are number retirement banners. A huge bunch for a matter of fact. I hope it doesn't take 40 years for the Habs to raise a different kind of banner.

My link

In this case, though, they can put up a banner with the "silverized" old logo and it would be accurate. They wore that logo a lot this year, including the game where they clinched the division. So it wouldn't be inaccurate if they used it for the banner, even if it's not their primary.

Also, FWIW, there are rumblings that the blue slug jersey is already gone forever. I'm hearing that the Sabres might only wear their white uniform and their third jersey (throwback) in the playoffs this year. Hope that's true.

For what it's worth, the Penguins updated banners are simply to keep the Stanley Cup banners uniform with the other banners. The logos of the banners won in the 90's still bear the robo-pigeon logo and the most recent banners use Vegas gold as opposed to yellow. Colors and logos are all representative for the years in which they were won.

4114313717_ee13929eec_o.png

At the same time, I'm kind of shocked that Pittsburgh won't be awarded the game, considering the brand new arena and the success of the Penguins.

Maybe this gives more credence to those rumors that Pittsburgh is getting the Winter Classic?

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I've got friends in MLB who have told me about another city which is a finalist for the Classic, but I don't see that happening this upcoming season. Guess we'll see.

screenshot-2017-09-15-18-37-19.png

My link

In this case, though, they can put up a banner with the "silverized" old logo and it would be accurate. They wore that logo a lot this year, including the game where they clinched the division. So it wouldn't be inaccurate if they used it for the banner, even if it's not their primary.

Also, FWIW, there are rumblings that the blue slug jersey is already gone forever. I'm hearing that the Sabres might only wear their white uniform and their third jersey (throwback) in the playoffs this year. Hope that's true.

Oh, I'm all for them using the "New" Old Logo on the 2010 Banner. I just don't want them going back and taking the slug off of the 2007 banners, no matter how much I hate it.

That is true.

At the same time, I'm kind of shocked that Pittsburgh won't be awarded the game, considering the brand new arena and the success of the Penguins.

Maybe this gives more credence to those rumors that Pittsburgh is getting the Winter Classic?

Speaking of Winter Classics, Hockey Night In Canada announced the possibilities on the Hot Stove (a round table segment after the 2nd period) last night.

Specifics were a US and Canadian game this year. They didn't mention where the US game would be, but the Canadian game will be in Calgary at McMahon Stadium on the weekend after Hockey Day in Canada. Calgary will play either Vancouver or Montreal.

I like the addition of Montreal, because Calgary played them both times they went to the Stanley Cup Final. Vancouver makes more sense I feel though. It's a debate over old vs new rivalries.

Friar%20Canuck.jpgfriarcanuck.png

Speaking of Winter Classics, Hockey Night In Canada announced the possibilities on the Hot Stove (a round table segment after the 2nd period) last night.

Specifics were a US and Canadian game this year. They didn't mention where the US game would be, but the Canadian game will be in Calgary at McMahon Stadium on the weekend after Hockey Day in Canada. Calgary will play either Vancouver or Montreal.

I like the addition of Montreal, because Calgary played them both times they went to the Stanley Cup Final. Vancouver makes more sense I feel though. It's a debate over old vs new rivalries.

Heard on the same segment that is was going to be the Penguins hosting the Caps.

That is true.

This is what the Sabres should be wearing.

That is true.

This is what the Sabres should be wearing.

Wow. I hope the new road jersey looks exactly like that (noticed they also dropped the side piping and armpit stains). Knowing the Sabres' ability to wreck uniforms though, I'll be worried until the actual unveiling.

Wow. I hope the new road jersey looks exactly like that (noticed they also dropped the side piping and armpit stains). Knowing the Sabres' ability to wreck uniforms though, I'll be worried until the actual unveiling.

They? I'm the one who made it. ;)

Archived