NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

I don't like the navy, the silver, or the armpits. Conceivably, the Sabres could've worn their 1970 uniforms right into the present without making a move. Anything they've done since 1996 was unnecessary.

I agree with you about 'angry-goat-head' years, but I'll admit I really liked the red thirds they wore at the time (with the crossed sabres). Then, I accepted the slug jerseys because I was just ecstatic that they went back to blue & gold.

All that being said, I LOVE the new thirds (soon to be regular homes), armpits, piping and all! It's a good spin on past and present.

The crossed swords (snicker) alternate was much better than the goat heads, but still vastly inferior to the originals, so what's the point? One step forward after ten steps back.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sort of related...but NFL Net's Rich Eisen posted a great tweet last night...

?I admittedly haven't paid much attention to NHL all year, but since when did the Vancouver Canucks start wearing Hartford Whalers uniforms??

That's funny, because I flipped on the Canucks-Kings game last night, and my wife said, "Okay, who's playing? It's the Whalers, and..."

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Sort of related...but NFL Net's Rich Eisen posted a great tweet last night...

?I admittedly haven't paid much attention to NHL all year, but since when did the Vancouver Canucks start wearing Hartford Whalers uniforms??

That's funny, because I flipped on the Canucks-Kings game last night, and my wife said, "Okay, who's playing? It's the Whalers, and..."

The Canucks use those colours in a completly different way from the Whalers (at least their original uniforms). Vancouver use Blue as their main colour with Green and White accents, while Hartfords Uniforms were Primarily Green with Blue and White accents. Saying the Canucks wear Whalers uniforms is like saying the Rangers wear Canadiens uniforms.

Minnesota 10 Anniversary logo for next season

MinnesottaWildTenAnn.gif

Great. Another completely unrelated font for the Wild.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

MinnesottaWildTenAnn.gif

Eh, not feeling this at all. The Wild looked better when Iron Range Red was an accent colour and Green was primarily used. The oversized hockey sticks look goofy and that banner needs some outlines to draw it together. Still better than the Thrashers 10th Anniversary logo though (Like it could be worse :P)

An anonymous source in today's Uni Watch ticker says there will be no Penguins alternate next year for "Winter Classic-related" reasons.

The admin over at IceJerseys says otherwise.

I really can't divulge any information - as we cherish our solid relationship with Reebok. I can give a bit of a teaser though: The proposed Penguins third is quite a radical design. I have a feeling it will generate strong opinions in either a "love it / hate it" position.

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=2423&st=20&p=31420entry31420

So many conflicting reports on this jersey.

4114313717_ee13929eec_o.png

The admin over at IceJerseys says otherwise.

I really can't divulge any information - as we cherish our solid relationship with Reebok. I can give a bit of a teaser though: The proposed Penguins third is quite a radical design. I have a feeling it will generate strong opinions in either a "love it / hate it" position.

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=2423&st=20&p=31420entry31420

So many conflicting reports on this jersey.

That guy posted in March, though. The Uni Watch guy says he only heard about it this past Friday. I doubt they would scrap an alternate entirely, they'd just put it off a year so they could sell a retro jersey next year and an alternate the year after that.

1zgyd8w.jpg

You know, the more I see the Kings' black/silver thirds, the more I wish they'd switch to these and the color scheme full-time. All they'd need to do is put the current crown logo on the chest instead of the alt LA shield. Oh, and get rid of the white armpits.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

You know, the more I see the Kings' black/silver thirds, the more I wish they'd switch to these and the color scheme full-time. All they'd need to do is put the current crown logo on the chest instead of the alt LA shield. Oh, and get rid of the white armpits.

I think it's obvious they are going to transition back to that color scheme eventually. I think they look good, but it's too bad that they don't use purple as their primary color. They're the only team in the league with that color, use that, their are plenty of black jerseys in the NHL. I think something like this would work well for them, and be unique:

LosAngeles.png

Does anyone know if Nashville or Buffalo will be wearing their alternate jerseys in the playoffs since their new sets will be based on them?

Watching the Hawks/Preds game now. Unfortunately, no, Nashville isn't wearing their thirds.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

• 2 weeks later...

MinnesottaWildTenAnn.gif

This looks like a "give the intern something to do" project. The kerning between the numbers is horrendous and the

not so subtle reference to crossed sticks is amateur. The banner is just badly rendered, why is it angled? it adds no

sense of motion. To read that SME Design did this is surprising, how the mighty have fallen.

I don't like the navy, the silver, or the armpits. Conceivably, the Sabres could've worn their 1970 uniforms right into the present without making a move. Anything they've done since 1996 was unnecessary.

I agree with you about 'angry-goat-head' years, but I'll admit I really liked the red thirds they wore at the time (with the crossed sabres). Then, I accepted the slug jerseys because I was just ecstatic that they went back to blue & gold.

All that being said, I LOVE the new thirds (soon to be regular homes), armpits, piping and all! It's a good spin on past and present.

The crossed swords (snicker) alternate was much better than the goat heads, but still vastly inferior to the originals, so what's the point? One step forward after ten steps back.

I must be one of the few who don't like the Sabres' original look.

Before they changed it, I had picked them as the team most in need of a change.

And I liked the next look.

But then I don't own the team, and I ain't the one buying Sabres' jerseys--so they don't listen to me... :D

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Agreed. The purple always gave me a weird vibe when Sacramento's NBA team has the same name and colors. The silver and black kings were definitely more iconic. Return to those colors, simplify the uniforms, and restore some tradition to the franchise.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Agreed. The purple always gave me a weird vibe when Sacramento's NBA team has the same name and colors. The silver and black kings were definitely more iconic. Return to those colors, simplify the uniforms, and restore some tradition to the franchise.

I disagree. You want tradition? Work in the old purple/gold from the 70's. I like the purple/black scheme they have now because it's unique to them. There are too many black jerseys in the league already, and it seems like the Kings rolled out the black/silver to cater to the Raiders fans...

Archived