NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

What the hell was wrong with these, Dallas???

Now, although the whole "the design just couldn't be translated to the Edge template" line has been debunked thoroughly here, I can see why this look may have legitimately been unable to make the transition. The star jerseys were a sublimated design (the only reamining sublimated jerseys in the league beside the Bruins' alts,) and I don't know if the Edge fabric can have dye sublimation done to it. Plus, with the slimmer cut, I think the star shape on both the torso and sleeve may have had to undergo some significant distortion, and that could have gotten ugly.

For me, the real question is, why on earth did Dallas go with what they did, when the perfect look for them was staring them square in the face in Des Moines? Make all the proper changes to the chest and shoulder crests, and suddenly the Stars have got one of the best looks in the Edge-era NHL.

100_0096cropped_1.JPG

thb_lindgren_iowa.JPG

2280060491_24dd69641a.jpg?v=0

Iowa%20Stars%202007-08%20Jeremy%20Scherlinck%20GW%20ALT47F50.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Calgary is making their current 3rd full time next year - although it seems it may be 'Edge'ized...

Full time as in the normal home? So will their be a matching road? Or just a"full time" third?

bumping this question for clarity. is the third now the full time home or just remaining the full time third?

zzPEfBm.png

Calgary is making their current 3rd full time next year - although it seems it may be 'Edge'ized...

Full time as in the normal home? So will their be a matching road? Or just a"full time" third?

bumping this question for clarity. is the third now the full time home or just remaining the full time third?

The throwback thirds, used this year for the 30th anniversary, will become "full time" thirds next season.

2994072060100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

What the hell was wrong with these, Dallas???

They were excellent, except for one glaring deficiency: The lack of symmetry or consistency. It always bugged me that the star in the logo and the star pattern striping didn't line up. If they had fixed that, they would have been perfect in my eyes.

I hate you so goddam much right now. I never noticed that before, and now I can't stop noticing it. I loved that jersey, and now I can't even look at it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The throwback thirds, used this year for the 30th anniversary, will become "full time" thirds next season.

Thanks. A shame they can't be the new home/away

so it seems that some the most visually offensive jersey templates from the edge era will be remaining in place. I felt better when I could at least blame Reebok.

zzPEfBm.png

As much as I despise the current Flames Edge template, the throwback isn't the answer, in my opinion. The Flames are one of the few teams that I feel benefited by the addition of black. The pre-Edge/Stanley Cup Finals sweaters were the best the team ever had.

From what I've heard:

VANCOUVER - Third jersey, new primary home jersey. At least road jersey crest changing, perhaps complimentary road jersey.

This sounds like the long predicted post Olympic dumping of the Vancouver script. At least, I hope that's what is, ideally including a final shedding of the Orca logo. Now, what I'm curious is, does this show three Vancouver jerseys or two? A set with the current third as the home, and a white version of the third as a road would be fine with me.

From what I've heard:

VANCOUVER - Third jersey, new primary home jersey. At least road jersey crest changing, perhaps complimentary road jersey.

This sounds like the long predicted post Olympic dumping of the Vancouver script. At least, I hope that's what is, ideally including a final shedding of the Orca logo. Now, what I'm curious is, does this show three Vancouver jerseys or two? A set with the current third as the home, and a white version of the third as a road would be fine with me.

Nopeee! I'll double check but from what I remember it is status quo.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

As much as I despise the current Flames Edge template, the throwback isn't the answer, in my opinion. The Flames are one of the few teams that I feel benefited by the addition of black. The pre-Edge/Stanley Cup Finals sweaters were the best the team ever had.

Agreed, but adding a little black to the throwback look would be a great stride in the right direction. Take those thin red stripes that currently separate gold from white on the sleeves and hem, and make those black instead. Make the front crest and the numbers three-layer white on black on gold. Change to black pants and helmets. Darken the red to the current shade. I think it would all equal a winner. Instead, Calgary will spend its time alternating between a look that now looks very dated, and a look that's been outdated from the second it hit the ice.

And are they still insisting on keeping those :censored: ing flags on the shoulders?

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Agreed, but adding a little black to the throwback look would be a great stride in the right direction. Take those thin red stripes that currently separate gold from white on the sleeves and hem, and make those black instead. Make the front crest and the numbers three-layer white on black on gold. Change to black pants and helmets. Darken the red to the current shade. I think it would all equal a winner. Instead, Calgary will spend its time alternating between a look that now looks very dated, and a look that's been outdated from the second it hit the ice.

That would look nice, actually. Wonder why it's never been tried. It's kind of obvious once you think about. Maybe in a few more years.

And are they still insisting on keeping those :censored: ing flags on the shoulders?

Putting aside the fact that actual flags make terrible logos for pro sports teams, they don't even make sense for the Flames to use. They aren't the only Canadian team in the league. They aren't even the only team based in Alberta. I really don't understand why they stuck those things on there.

The Flames obviously have those flags on their shoulder for marketing purposes. The Flames are trying to increase their fan base by branding Calgary as "Canada's team". The idea was to expose the Flames nationally while they are a Stanley Cup contender and have the highest profile Canadian player (Iginla) playing in a Canadian market. Too bad they're no longer a cup threat and Iginla is on the decline.

DEATH TO REEBOK

You're never gonna make the Flames "Canada's Team" as long as the Maple Leafs and Canadiens, um, exist. I'm sure they've made inroads in Saskatchewan/Manitoba now that the Jets stopped representing them, though.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Yea... no changes to Vancouver or Boston next season.

That's a damn shame. I was looking forward to the Orca getting harpooned, and the possibility of Johnny Canuck being front-and-center on a third. Is the general consensus among Canuck fans that the whale needs to be ditched?

Yea... no changes to Vancouver or Boston next season.

That's a damn shame. I was looking forward to the Orca getting harpooned, and the possibility of Johnny Canuck being front-and-center on a third. Is the general consensus among Canuck fans that the whale needs to be ditched?

Considering the team store keeps putting Orca jerseys on sale like a jersey change is coming, I thought it was the front office's consensus that the whale was going to be ditched.

The third was outselling the whale jerseys, home and road, by about 1.5:1 at one point; I guess the Olympic crowds buying something that had "Native Art" and "Vancouver" on it made them reconsider, if at least for a year.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

It's not so much the Orca that is the problem, the recoloured one on the new jerseys looks pretty good if you ask me, its the damn script above it. Ditch that and you have one of the sharpest uniform sets in the league

Archived