NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

Wish list for 2011-2012 season

1. Bruins utilize their yellow thirds full-time.

2. Rangers keep the new heritage jersey full-time and continue its use against original 6 teams / weekends. I like that.

3. Maple Leafs decide to NOT change their current alts (which are gorgeous).

4. Canucks decide to dump the orca, and go with blue home stick-in-rink, with matching whites for away and green as a third (this set would be dynamite...can someone make a rendering of what a green complement would look like ? )

5. Stars decide to dump the current third and at least get the ball rolling on a green "star" jersey similar to a decade ago.

6. Pens decide to keep the powder-blue beauts and not go with Winter Classic v. 2 over them.

7. Devils begin using their Christmas colors more or start alternating between light and dark old-school red/green/whites from year to year

8. Kings choose one direction or another; preferably, they use the purple and gold jerseys and keep the current third.

9. Oilers match road and homes...finally. No?

10. Sens finally use the great 2D logo they never utilize...or realize that barber poles / rugby style with the original logo would be dynamite

So pretty much, just go to old stuff. Nostalgia, nostalgia everywhere.

mav23.gif

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2. Rangers keep the new heritage jersey full-time and continue its use against original 6 teams / weekends. I like that.

4. Canucks decide to dump the orca, and go with blue home stick-in-rink, with matching whites for away and green as a third (this set would be dynamite...can someone make a rendering of what a green complement would look like ? )

5. Stars decide to dump the current third and at least get the ball rolling on a green "star" jersey similar to a decade ago.

6. Pens decide to keep the powder-blue beauts and not go with Winter Classic v. 2 over them.

7. Devils begin using their Christmas colors more or start alternating between light and dark old-school red/green/whites from year to year

8. Kings choose one direction or another; preferably, they use the purple and gold jerseys and keep the current third.

10. Sens finally use the great 2D logo they never utilize...or realize that barber poles / rugby style with the original logo would be dynamite

I agree with all of them except #5 and #10. No All-Star game jersey pattern. The 2D Senator head is nice but overrated.

Another thing about the Ducks jersey, I know for a long while it was assumed they were going to go the primarily orange route, or have the majority be orange.

Seeing their particular orange in a greater capacity now, I am extremely glad they didn't go full orange. That would have been way too much.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Another thing about the Ducks jersey, I know for a long while it was assumed they were going to go the primarily orange route, or have the majority be orange.

Seeing their particular orange in a greater capacity now, I am extremely glad they didn't go full orange. That would have been way too much.

I have to admit that I like the particular shade of orange the Ducks use. Red happens to be my favourite colour, and the Ducks orange is very red-ish :D

But yes, a full-on orange jersey may have been a bit much. Although I'm wondering how this one would look with orange and black swapped around.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

listomania, think less but see it grow

1. no, yellow is gaudy

2. no, the Rags should look like the Rags we know against Original Six teams

3. I don't care what the Leafs do now that they have good regular uniforms

4. no, stick-in-rink is an all-time lame logo, use the Vachonny Canuck or something

5. no, I don't like the star jerseys anymore

6. no, the Penguins should wear black and Pittsburgh Gold

7. no, teams shouldn't change their uniforms every year

8. yeah, Kings need to pick something, but not Laker colors

9. yes, Oilers should match

10. YES, the new 2-D senator logo is terrific

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I saw someone wearing a new Ducks jersey, I think between periods, and it looks great up close. I even think it doesn't have the rounded back to the jersey, which would make it better. On the Columbus jersey, I watched the game somewhat last night and today on NHL network and noticed that the white is more of an off-white, cream color. I look at that jersey and it's a jersey that I think would look better either with no name and number on it or with a traditional block font. I find it very odd that they use those ugly new square numbers and then the current nameplate font. It just makes the jersey as a whole disjointed.

Don't think I've ever seen such a mixed bag of overall reactions. It's either better than the regular set or it's a black and orange mess.

Put me in the "it's better than the regular set" camp. Not that I think the regular set is horrible, because I don't.

It could certainly be better (for one, ditch the kiddie shoulder patches) but they're really on the right track with this one. Now replace the black with jade...

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

After watching the highlights of last night's game, I have to say, the Ducks' thirds actually look alright on the ice.

The jerseys look nice on the players.

It's unfortunate the team does not look good in them <_<

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Put me in the "it's better than the regular set" camp. Not that I think the regular set is horrible, because I don't.

I've never really hated the regular set myself, despite the comments I have made about how very "meh" a wordmark is as the Ducks primary logo (I still mostly prefer the old stuff :P). The look as a whole has grown on me, but prior to this season I felt like I was really starting to tire of the wordmark, despite it being associated with Anaheim's first Stanley Cup along with this generally better era for the franchise.

Then this third jersey came along, finally featuring a logo on the front and bringing back the duck mask as a secondary mark, making the team's identity as a whole feel more complete. I'd probably go as far as to say that it's already my favourite of their current set, and maybe even my second favourite Ducks uniform ever - my most favourite being the original eggplant jersey.

I just hope they don't end up pulling this one because it's cursed or something :unsure:

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

I'm still amazed the Ducks got rid of their classic logo for an unreadable and boring wordmark. Now they simplify the wordmark, make it an uninspired webbed 'D', and we're supposed to be satisfied?

That duck hockey mask logo is amazing. If you can't get over the Disney connotations that's not the logo's problem, it stands on its own. If they were worried about a Disney logo on a purple and teal jersey perhaps portraying them as a team not to be feared... perhaps change the name from 'Ducks' as well. All they had to do was change the colours to black orange and grey, remove the 'mighty' and you're good to go. Has anyone made a concept yet of their recoloured classic logo on the current uniforms? It would be miles better than a simple D, which is a secondary logo if I ever saw one.

01) Absolutely agree, those Yellow faux backs look spectacular. And thats coming from someone who dislikes Fauxbacks

02) Disagree, the Heritage jersey is nice for the anniversary but I wouldnt want to see it as a full time third. Bring back Lady Liberty!

03) Leafs Alts should be the primary with a matching Blue.

04) Vancouvers third jersey looks great with the updated logo. Make it the primary with a white version.

05) Dallas should bring back their inaugural black jersey as a third. The one with Kelly green (as opposed to forest green).

06) Get rid of both blue jerseys permanently, they are fine for the Winter Classic but the Penguins third should be black and athletic Gold

07) One night a year is enough

08) Kings current look is fine. The current black third isnt strong enough to be the teams primary look.

09) Yes. Ditch the hideous practice jerseys permanently and lets never speak of them again

10) Yes. Bring back their original jerseys with the updated 2D logo. Or perhaps make the home red but keep the general template. The Sens look good in red.

Don't think I've ever seen such a mixed bag of overall reactions. It's either better than the regular set or it's a black and orange mess.

It could certainly be better (for one, ditch the kiddie shoulder patches) but they're really on the right track with this one. Now replace the black with Dark Green...

Fixed that for you.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

The Blue Jackets need to dump this entire third uniform set in the river. They're 0-4. They've given up 12 goals in the last two games and have back to back five goal losses. Their inability to play well in them may have something to do with this, but I'm already tired of the look. They're just so incredibly bland

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Blue Jackets need to dump this entire third uniform set in the river. They're 0-4. They've given up 12 goals in the last two games and have back to back five goal losses. Their inability to play well in them may have something to do with this, but I'm already tired of the look. They're just so incredibly bland

Being that theyve lost since theyve debuted it, and theyve worn it 4 out of 5 games... Its getting really old really fast, especially for us jackets fans. I just say it goes away with its little buddy of a mascot

I like the Ducks third. It's a little overdone in places (the sides and the piping) but overall I still think its a winner.

Unlike the Jackets, while I don't hate it, it's very safe and bland and unoriginal. I don't get excited by it at all.

And being a Canucks fan, I agree make the rink and stick uniform primary and a white version for the road uni. A third could be johnny canuck, but I really hope they don't make him the primary logo because its just too much. I'd like to see him on a thrid jersey in a circle prehaps.

Oh and never EVER use the johnny canuck head with the V as a primary logo. I do not like that logo and it would look awful as a big primary logo IMO.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

The hockey gods have spoken! Repent! REPENT!

:P

Regardless of design, however, wearing a new third four out of five times following its debut is overkill. Might as well make it the basis of the primary identity.

1. I would agree, if I didn't like their current black alternates so much. It's a great nod to the team's early sweaters.

2. Eh. The Rangers have pretty traditional sweaters as is. I don't see the need for this fauxback. I rather they go back to using Lady Liberty as their alternates. It provided a nice contrast.

3. I would be content if the Leafs kept their current look from now till the end of time, but if given the opportunity I would love to see a return to the classic look with the third as the road white and a matching blue for home.

4. I would like to see the Canucks take their 40th Anniversary sweaters, with the V sleeve stripes, and use them full time with names on the back and the updated stick in rink logo, with some form of Johnny Canuck used as the alternate.

5. The pre-EDGE All-Star uniforms were overrated, in my opinion. Go back to the original kelly green set.

6. The Pens need to get back to being a black and athletic gold team, period.

7. Once a year at St. Patrick's Day is enough for the Devils' red and green set.

8. I would like to see the Kings go back to black and silver, but the current alternate "pencil" logo isn't strong enough as a full time primary.

9. Yes please.

10. I would like to see the Sens drop the Roman theme all together (especially since 300 came out, some people can't tell the difference between Spartans and Roman Centurions). Just use the Peace Tower and =O= logos.

Archived