NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

The silver just needs to go from the Sabres set. It just adds clutter to the uniforms/logo. It's the same issue that the Nashville Predators have. Navy blue, silver, yellow, and white, there are just way too many light colors there to work and all the light colors compete against each other.

Actually I like the way silver is being used in the Sabres' current alternate/soon to be home sweaters. It works. And now that Nashville's going with a blue and black scheme, it'll leave the Sabres as the only navy, gold, and silver organization.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The silver just needs to go from the Sabres set. It just adds clutter to the uniforms/logo. It's the same issue that the Nashville Predators have. Navy blue, silver, yellow, and white, there are just way too many light colors there to work and all the light colors compete against each other.

Actually I like the way silver is being used in the Sabres' current alternate/soon to be home sweaters. It works. And now that Nashville's going with a blue and black scheme, it'll leave the Sabres as the only navy, gold, and silver organization.

Gotta agree with oddball here. I'm becoming more and more of a fan of simple (that doesn't necessarily mean "traditional", but simple "iconic" logos, minimal colors, etc.) and just think that the above logos are too much with the silver mixed in. They are great "pictures", but the swords are just too much for my liking as a logo. I wonder how the silver / gray would look if they lightened up the blue to a dark royal as opposed to navy, and went with a bolder athletic gold (maybe slightly on the orange side, but still yellow.) Simplify the swords and go with those colors, and I think we have something pretty special.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Gotta agree with oddball here. I'm becoming more and more of a fan of simple (that doesn't necessarily mean "traditional", but simple "iconic" logos, minimal colors, etc.) and just think that the above logos are too much with the silver mixed in. They are great "pictures", but the swords are just too much for my liking as a logo. I wonder how the silver / gray would look if they lightened up the blue to a dark royal as opposed to navy, and went with a bolder athletic gold (maybe slightly on the orange side, but still yellow.) Simplify the swords and go with those colors, and I think we have something pretty special.

I'm not saying I like the latest concept posted here, but I do think silver works very well with the soon-to-be primary.

I think that silver has no place in their identity. I don't know how it would look if they went with a shade of royal blue instead of navy, but they should have stuck with royal. Cramming a third color into an existing scheme (black Mets and Knicks) turns out awful most of the time, but at least there is some semblance of the original colors. The Sabres went "back to their roots" by wearing a color scheme they had never worn before AND added silver to it. I would rather see them in royal, yellow and silver than navy and yellow.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Does anyone know if any NHL teams will be unveiling the updated uniforms/third jerseys before or at the draft ?

According to a fan favourate in toronto Howard Berger ( sarcasit by means ), I found this ;

Howard Berger

TORONTO (June 4) ? If you are wondering whether the Maple Leafs will follow through on their plan to make Dion Phaneuf captain, consider this: A National Hockey League licensing contact, who has been nothing short of reliable through the years, tells me he?s been given the go-ahead to add the ?C? to the new Leaf jerseys he?ll be distributing with Phaneuf?s name and number on them. The altered uniform design is expected to be unveiled during a joint press gathering, at which Phaneuf will be officially named the 18th captain in Leaf history, and the first player to wear the ?C? since Mats Sundin departed after the 2007-08 season. It is anticipated that Phil Kessel will also be on hand at the media conference to show off the new uniform.

An unconfirmed whisper has the unveiling scheduled for June 15... the Leafs to enjoy a seven-day marketing exclusivity before the jersey is available in all retail outlets the following week, June 22.

As for the re-modeled uniform, it will be a virtual copy of the design worn by the hockey club in the Doug Gilmour era [early-to-late 1990s], with the current prime logo ? the 11-point maple leaf introduced by Harold Ballard for the 1970-71 season. The featured difference is that all three sets this year ? including the hold-over third jersey ? will sport neck tie-laces; only the third version had them last season. The new uniform will see a pair of horizontal stripes returned to the arms and bottom of the jersey after disappearing for a couple of years in the league-wide initiative with Reebok. Instead of laces, the Reebok jerseys had a triangular insert at the neck with the official NHL logo. The lettering font [for player names], and the numbers on the back and sleeve of the new Leafs uniform, will revert to a solid form, no longer sporting the ?Varsity Block? outline [blue jerseys will have solid white letters and numbers; white jerseys will have solid blue ones? again, as they appeared in the Gilmour era].

Another major change will see shoulder patches return to the old-style Maple Leafs logo, with veins and no internal lettering, as per the years between 1992 and 2000. For the new millennium, the Leafs replaced the logo patch with a stylized ?TML? emblem, prompting one of the best lines I?ve ever read, courtesy of my Toronto Star colleague, Rosie DiManno, who cracked ??the new shoulder patch looks like something that should be carved into Charles Manson?s forehead.? For the 2000-01 season, the Leafs added a third color ? a silvery outline to the numbers and shoulder patch. The silver was dropped when the Reebok jerseys came into vogue for the 2007-08 campaign.

As I wrote last December, there will be no change to the Leafs? official third jersey. It will remain a predominantly white replica of the road uniform from the mid-1960s, with the old-style, 35-point blue logo on the front; blue shoulder piping; horizontal blue stripes on the sleeve and jersey bottom; solid blue letters and numbers. The classic design has been universally acclaimed and profitable for the hockey club; the Leafs are smartly retaining it.

So along with naming the Leafs a new captain they will unveiling the new/updated uniforms on June 15th. Can anyone confirm it, if it is true ?

He seemed to go more into detail with the shoulder patch ( as per Doug Gilmour era as he said )as well describing using the tie up instead of the V-neck.

4kv29i.jpg

Does anyone know if any NHL teams will be unveiling the updated uniforms/third jerseys before or at the draft ?

According to a fan favourate in toronto Howard Berger ( sarcasit by means ), I found this ;

Howard Berger

TORONTO (June 4) ? If you are wondering whether the Maple Leafs will follow through on their plan to make Dion Phaneuf captain, consider this: A National Hockey League licensing contact, who has been nothing short of reliable through the years, tells me he?s been given the go-ahead to add the ?C? to the new Leaf jerseys he?ll be distributing with Phaneuf?s name and number on them. The altered uniform design is expected to be unveiled during a joint press gathering, at which Phaneuf will be officially named the 18th captain in Leaf history, and the first player to wear the ?C? since Mats Sundin departed after the 2007-08 season. It is anticipated that Phil Kessel will also be on hand at the media conference to show off the new uniform.

An unconfirmed whisper has the unveiling scheduled for June 15... the Leafs to enjoy a seven-day marketing exclusivity before the jersey is available in all retail outlets the following week, June 22.

As for the re-modeled uniform, it will be a virtual copy of the design worn by the hockey club in the Doug Gilmour era [early-to-late 1990s], with the current prime logo ? the 11-point maple leaf introduced by Harold Ballard for the 1970-71 season. The featured difference is that all three sets this year ? including the hold-over third jersey ? will sport neck tie-laces; only the third version had them last season. The new uniform will see a pair of horizontal stripes returned to the arms and bottom of the jersey after disappearing for a couple of years in the league-wide initiative with Reebok. Instead of laces, the Reebok jerseys had a triangular insert at the neck with the official NHL logo. The lettering font [for player names], and the numbers on the back and sleeve of the new Leafs uniform, will revert to a solid form, no longer sporting the ?Varsity Block? outline [blue jerseys will have solid white letters and numbers; white jerseys will have solid blue ones? again, as they appeared in the Gilmour era].

Another major change will see shoulder patches return to the old-style Maple Leafs logo, with veins and no internal lettering, as per the years between 1992 and 2000. For the new millennium, the Leafs replaced the logo patch with a stylized ?TML? emblem, prompting one of the best lines I?ve ever read, courtesy of my Toronto Star colleague, Rosie DiManno, who cracked ??the new shoulder patch looks like something that should be carved into Charles Manson?s forehead.? For the 2000-01 season, the Leafs added a third color ? a silvery outline to the numbers and shoulder patch. The silver was dropped when the Reebok jerseys came into vogue for the 2007-08 campaign.

As I wrote last December, there will be no change to the Leafs? official third jersey. It will remain a predominantly white replica of the road uniform from the mid-1960s, with the old-style, 35-point blue logo on the front; blue shoulder piping; horizontal blue stripes on the sleeve and jersey bottom; solid blue letters and numbers. The classic design has been universally acclaimed and profitable for the hockey club; the Leafs are smartly retaining it.

So along with naming the Leafs a new captain they will unveiling the new/updated uniforms on June 15th. Can anyone confirm it, if it is true ?

He seemed to go more into detail with the shoulder patch ( as per Doug Gilmour era as he said )as well describing using the tie up instead of the V-neck.

Hopefully this is true, the tie up always adds a classic feel. I just wish they would revert to the old logo currently on the 3rds.

untitled-6.jpg

Sounds like the Leafs are about to hit a home run with their redesigned sweaters. I may just have to pick an Edge sweater up after all.

I just find it a joke that Phaneuf is actually Captain material. I guess it really is slim pickings for leaders in Toronto.

Sour grapes? :P

One of the best, if not the best sweaters in the NHL ever.

It's very good, but I wouldn't go that far, it's well behind the Canadiens Red & Blackhawks Red jerseys.

...and the Thrashers Red Alternate. :P

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Wouldnt mind seeing the 35 point Leafs logo on that jersey shown with Doug Gilmour... that crest would be the one on the shoulder area in that jersey that I want to see switched with the current 11 pt Leaf logo to be the shoulder logo and the 35 pt Leaf logo to be the main crest, period....

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Sounds like the Leafs are about to hit a home run with their redesigned sweaters. I may just have to pick an Edge sweater up after all.

I just find it a joke that Phaneuf is actually Captain material. I guess it really is slim pickings for leaders in Toronto.

Sour grapes? :P

Kinda ^_^

I just really thought it was Luke Schenn's "C" to lose.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

That Leafs sweater is nice, but it's also not ridiculously special. I'd like to be able to elaborate on that, but I can't. I do find it similar to the Red Wings in that way, actually, but I know I'll get disagreement there. The Blackhawks (specifically the red) is a simple and traditional design that I would say actually is sweater (and if you're following the Cup thread, you know I must mean it to say that).

There's two changes I'd make to the described Leafs sweater (and here's where I start to own up to my King of Consistency title again). I'd make the socks and jersey match, and I'd make the logotype and names/numbers match. And you could do it whichever way. The jersey could either be the thin-thick-thin like the socks (and now Coyotes) or the socks could be thin-big space-thin. Either one can be vouched for, but I hate that they don't match. And I always loved what I think of as the Sundin era sweaters that were essentially what's above, but with the number and names matching the font in the logo. But I do like the block numbers so I can handle that too--if they'd switch the logo to a block font.

The Leafs have always had tame designs, so they've never looked bad, but they've always been able to look better, and it seems to me they're going to continue that pattern. (Though this may be as good as ever.)

One of the best, if not the best sweaters in the NHL ever.

It's very good, but I wouldn't go that far, it's well behind the Canadiens Red & Blackhawks Red jerseys.

...and the Thrashers Red Alternate. :P

Thats hilarious

Archived