Giraffe Logo on 1961 Lakers cards

neo_prankster

Note that it says BOYS sizes. Reading comprehension...

If your self-esteem is so low that you have to condescend to strangers online over what was an obvious oversight, then I really feel bad for ya fam... rolleyes.gif

in all fairness you just called everybody fat

INCLUDING myself... which should've been a dead giveaway to the tongue-in-cheekness of what I said.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all.

I too have an interest in the Laker giraffe, I'm the one who posted the scan to uniwatch. If you'd like the largest view of that scan, I have it hosted at:

http://www.burnsshoes.com/temp/lakersgiraffe.jpg

If anyone needs a closer view, (like you're planning on creating an image or something) let me know, and I'll see if I can find a higher quality scanner...

-Scott

• 2 years later...

I don't know...as a former L.A. resident myself, maybe they should pull something prehistoric - from the La Brea tar pits. Camels, sabre-toothed tigers, etc.

(I lived right next door to the tar pits in the '90s.)

I don't know...as a former L.A. resident myself, maybe they should pull something prehistoric - from the La Brea tar pits. Camels, sabre-toothed tigers, etc.

(I lived right next door to the tar pits in the '90s.)

Sorry if this is off-topic, but the La Brea Tar Pits are one of those cool things that you never really hear about. It's amazing all of the things they've found there.

Based on what I've seen here's an initial attempt at recreating the logo. I expect to see several concepts in the next couple of weeks including the girafe into the Lakers' logos.

lakersgirafe.png

I'm glad to see someone stick his neck out like that...

POTD nomination from me.

Redacted. Didn't see the date.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived