Gary.

The Marvel Comics Movie & Television Thread

Gary.    289

DC has one, may as well add Marvel to the fray.

Captain America: Chris Evans is the front runner to signing on to become Captain America in The First Avenger: Captain America. I have a feeling this will be a period piece for the first one and possibly join in for The Avengers and set up a couple sequels

Spiderman: With a reboot coming, what would you do, the villain, who to replace Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker/Spiderman

Thor: Looks to be a fantastic movie with actors such as Anthony Hopkins as Odin, Rene Russo and Joe Gatt as Thor

Ant-Man: It seems there is a movie in development on Ant-Man. Supposed to be directed by Edgar Wright(Shaun of the Dead)

Avengers: I want to see this. Guys like Thor, Iron Man, Ant-Man and Captain America, this could be a good movie. The rumors are saying that The Hulk would be the villain and The Avengers would have to stop him

Gary.    289

DC > Marvel.

(sits back watches thread derail)

to me it's more like DC=Marvel. I grew up with both and love all the characters of both comic brands

GFB    754

DC > Marvel.

to me it's more like DC=Marvel. I grew up with both and love all the characters of both comic brands

Growing up I based my opinion on individual superheroes, not by the publisher. When I was old enough to figure out that there were two different companies, all of my favorites seemed to fall on the DC side... and outside of Spiderman, I didn't really enjoy any of the Marvel heroes.

Doesn't mean I won't go see a good Marvel movie though... *cough* Ironman *cough*.

Gary.    289

DC > Marvel.

Growing up I based my opinion on individual superheroes, not by the publisher. When I was old enough to figure out that there were two different companies, all of my favorites seemed to fall on the DC side... and outside of Spiderman, I didn't really enjoy any of the Marvel heroes.

Doesn't mean I won't go see a good Marvel movie though... *cough* Ironman *cough*.

I agree with you, for me, I love Superman as much as I love Spiderman, love Batman as I do Ironman. To me I have no preference, just as long as they don't have the movie Batman and Robin

aci    65

I liked Batman the best, but after that, it was all Marvel- Spiderman and guys like Sabretooth and Wolverine from the X-Men series.

jrodsep    384

And in the near future, the Fantastic Four will be rebooted as well. Sadly, without Jessica Alba in spandex.

If it means Charlize Theron in spandex I'm all for it.... :grin:

burgundy    532

The former Human Torch has been named Captain America.

I think it'll work, but I'm not 100% convinced he's the right choice. He must really like comics though, as this'll be his fourth role based on a comic book character.

Mindless    30

Chris Evans Confirmed for Captain America

Here is the link

Also love the fact they have Hugo Weaving as The Red Skull, can't say i'm geeking out, but Captain America was the first comic I was truly into for Marvel as a kid, and love that it's becoming a movie

Wow! Edward Norton will reprise his role as the Hulk. Last I heard was that he and Marvel were in a dispute of some sort. I thought he had an exceptional performance with the Hulk reboot.

Gary.    289

Chris Evans Confirmed for Captain America

Here is the link

Also love the fact they have Hugo Weaving as The Red Skull, can't say i'm geeking out, but Captain America was the first comic I was truly into for Marvel as a kid, and love that it's becoming a movie

Wow! Edward Norton will reprise his role as the Hulk. Last I heard was that he and Marvel were in a dispute of some sort. I thought he had an exceptional performance with the Hulk reboot.

Something i'll agree on, Bana < Norton, lets hope they give the Hulk a sequel after The Avengers

DG_Now    3,805

So other people liked that Ed Norton Hulk movie? I thought I was the only one. It was far from the greatest super-hero film of all time, but for what it was, I thought it was a lot of fun.

My favorite part is that, unlike SO MANY super-hero films, they completed avoided the origin movie. Everyone going in knew that when Bruce Banner got mad, he turned into the Hulk. Why waste half an hour getting us there?

Ben5    194
So other people liked that Ed Norton Hulk movie? I thought I was the only one. It was far from the greatest super-hero film of all time, but for what it was, I thought it was a lot of fun.

My favorite part is that, unlike SO MANY super-hero films, they completed avoided the origin movie. Everyone going in knew that when Bruce Banner got mad, he turned into the Hulk. Why waste half an hour getting us there?

Because, shockingly enough, if was considered a sequel to the Eric Bana movie. The origin was the first movie.

DG_Now    3,805

Woah...really? I didn't know that. I never saw the Ang Lee Hulk, and never thought I missed much. Turns out, doesn't look like I did.

Ben5    194

Yeah, I didn't realize it until after I saw the film and heard someone refer to it as a sequel.

Gary.    289

Bryan Singer is going to produce X-Men: First Class

All I have to say is thank you, the 3rd X-Men is an embarassment of a film and Brett Ratner should stay away from anything involving X-Men again. Wolverine was also weak. Lets hope Singer can bring back X-Men to what it was and not the joke the last 2 were

Starchild    2

All I have to say is thank you, the 3rd X-Men is an embarassment of a film and Brett Ratner should stay away from anything involving X-Men again. Wolverine was also weak. Lets hope Singer can bring back X-Men to what it was and not the joke the last 2 were

Agreed. I'd recommend that they switch up the villain as well. Granted, a First Class film would have to contain a fair amount of Magneto, but it would be wise if they bring in some other villain to take the focus away from him, or at least plant the seeds for additional villain appearances if they're dead-set on Magneto as the villain. It would be great to see either full-blown appearances or cameos setting up future appearances for guys like Mr. Sinister, Juggernaut (the comic version, sans X-3 crap), the Hellfire Club and definitely the Sentinels. I'd also really love to see Singer and Fox take a page from Jon Favreau's playbook and plan for at least a trilogy. Perhaps begin to plant little hints at a big-time villain like Apocalypse, the same way Favreau is doing with The Mandarin. Even the Shadow King would be a cool thing to tease.

Whatever they do, the core team needs to be represented. Go total reboot. Forget Storm, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Colossus and all the awesome additions to the team that come later. Start with the original 5 and really build them up the way they should. Cyclops needs to be the definitive good-guy, no-nonsense, fearless leader... not a whiny second-fiddle to Wolverine who gets killed off-screen. Jean should be a strong presence, Beast as well, Iceman needs to have the kind of youthful energy that the comics gave him (and that Singer/Ratner totally ignored from the first trilogy) and Angel really needs to be done right. It would be incredible to see the Warren Worthington done right, build up a fan base and then bust out his transformation into Archangel.

burgundy    532

I just hope they're totally rebooting and it's the real "first class", not some made-up concoction just to fanagle their way through the cluster:censored: they've established. As they have it, Beast, Cyclops, and Marvel Girl(Jean) is all they could use, unless they throw storm in there, which I hope they don't. You could always throw in Mimic too, but without Iceman and Angel, he'd just suck.