Gary.

The Marvel Comics Movie & Television Thread

2,345 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Cosmic said:

I don't think those rights are split the way you think they are; Sony is just being dumb. Sony controls all the Spider-Man characters, but they decided to play nice with Marvel Studios when their own stuff went down in flames.

I understand that. What I'm saying is that Sony should have let Marvel Studios  use Venom when they agreed to the Spider-Man deal.

1 person likes this

27 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

I understand that. What I'm saying is that Sony should have let Marvel Studios  use Venom when they agreed to the Spider-Man deal.

Ah. My understanding is that Spider-Man does Homecoming (which is still a Sony movie that Marvel made all the decisions for), Infinity War, and then Sony does whatever after that. I don't think splitting Spidey and Venom up for that short time is a big deal, because Marvel probably wouldn't have wanted to use Venom in Homecoming, anyway. Sony should have just kept their mitts off of Venom for a couple of years.

Also, less than a year now until Infinity War! Just realized that.

26 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

Sony should have just kept their mitts off of Venom for a couple of years.

Sony should have just sold the rights to the whole franchise back to Marvel. They clearly don't know what they're doing.

1 person likes this

On 5/22/2017 at 8:42 PM, Cosmic said:

Ah. My understanding is that Spider-Man does Homecoming (which is still a Sony movie that Marvel made all the decisions for), Infinity War, and then Sony does whatever after that. I don't think splitting Spidey and Venom up for that short time is a big deal, because Marvel probably wouldn't have wanted to use Venom in Homecoming, anyway. Sony should have just kept their mitts off of Venom for a couple of years.

Also, less than a year now until Infinity War! Just realized that.

If I read correctly both Feige and Pascal have mentioned that it's Civil War, Homecoming, Infinity War and Homecoming 2. After that it's all Sony once again. 

Edit: link

http://collider.com/spider-man-homecoming-2-mcu-marvel-sony/

1 person likes this

Black Panther teaser trailer dropped last night:

3 people like this