Gary.

The Marvel Comics Movie & Television Thread

TheOldRoman    1,099
39 minutes ago, dont care said:

Isn't avengers 4 just infinity war part 2?

No. Originally, they were announced as Infinity War pt. 1 and 2. They changed it about a year ago. Avengers 3 is Infinity War and the 4th is still untitled. Marvel said the 4th one is heavily tied to and influenced by Infinity War, but is its own story.

They were originally supposed to film the movies together, but they changed the schedule to film them back-to-back, to give the crew time to put the first film together and do CGI before the release. They just finished principle filming of Infinity War this week, and will take a week or two off before starting filming Avengers 4. During that filming, they'll do reshoots for Infinity War. Reshoots can been seen as ominous (like with Suicide Squad), but most of the times they don't alter scenes, it's just the director deciding they need to film something again after seeing the footage they have didn't work.

Obviously, there are a bunch of questions surrounding Avengers 4. Is Thanos in it, or does his story end in Infinity War? If he's in it, then it sure seems like it should be considered the second part of Infinity War. How do Captain Marvel and Ant-Man and the Wasp fit in between these two movies? Ant-Man will be in Infinity War, but Captain Marvel and Wasp won't be until they're introduced in their own films. Will any Avengers die at the hands of Thanos in Infinity War, or will they wait for Avengers 4? It was reported that everybody from Infinity War is contracted and will be in the next film, so that would lead us to believe that nobody dies (unless they're shown as part of a flashback, or if Thanos or Dr. Strange turn back time to bring them back to life.

Anyway, it doesn't look like we're going to get very much detail-wise before this movie comes out. Thor 3 will feature a lot of cosmic stuff and will lead us right into it, but Black Panther is exclusively on earth and isn't expected to have anything to do with Thanos.

jrodsep    390

I think Avengers 4 will be called Avengers Re-Assembled. And that IW will end with the heroes "winning" but it's just Thanos messing with their reality. When in fact he has them all trapped in the reality stone. In the end both Captain America and Iron Man will make the ultimate sacrifice. 

CLEstones    247

I got around to seeing Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 just before it was removed from local theaters.

It was good but no where near the first one.  They tried to do too much, instead of having a little bit go a long way.  The first half of the movie had way too much Drax.  The music wasn't nearly as great.  Chris Prat/Star Lord wasn't nearly as charismatic.  The shenanigans didn't live up to the first movie.  And frankly, Kurt Russell did nothing for me... I think that was a casting error.

Vol. 2 just seemed to lose much of its original charm.  And I maybe mis-remembering, but it didn't seem to advance the overall MCU story arc at all, except for 14th credit scene, where they introduce Adam.

DNAsports    510
1 hour ago, CLEstones said:

I got around to seeing Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 just before it was removed from local theaters.

It was good but no where near the first one.  They tried to do too much, instead of having a little bit go a long way.  The first half of the movie had way too much Drax.  The music wasn't nearly as great.  Chris Prat/Star Lord wasn't nearly as charismatic.  The shenanigans didn't live up to the first movie.  And frankly, Kurt Russell did nothing for me... I think that was a casting error.

Vol. 2 just seemed to lose much of its original charm.  And I maybe mis-remembering, but it didn't seem to advance the overall MCU story arc at all, except for 14th credit scene, where they introduce Adam.

If I'm not mistaken, Marvel and James Gunn (Director) stated that it wasn't really necessary to use Vol 2 in that capacity.

CLEstones    247
15 hours ago, DNAsports said:

If I'm not mistaken, Marvel and James Gunn (Director) stated that it wasn't really necessary to use Vol 2 in that capacity.

I don't recall.

I didn't think it had to be this epic advancement like Vol. 1 was... but it seems like they just kinda made the movie and that was it.

DNAsports    510
9 hours ago, CLEstones said:

I don't recall.

I didn't think it had to be this epic advancement like Vol. 1 was... but it seems like they just kinda made the movie and that was it.

I get it's part of a cinematic universe but what's wrong with making movie just to make it? It was fine for what it was. Nothing was necessarily bad about it.

BeerGuyJordan    873
19 hours ago, DNAsports said:

I get it's part of a cinematic universe but what's wrong with making movie just to make it? It was fine for what it was. Nothing was necessarily bad about it.

I second this. In the early stages of the MCU, it was important for every film to advance the collective story. (This is one of the few weaknesses of Wonder Woman)

Guardians 2 is the 15th movie, at that point, it's ok to just make a good/enjoyable flick.

That being said, Guardians 2 did more than you think.

The introduction of Mantis did little more than add a member, to the group, true. Improving relations between Gamora and Nebula is hugely important, if the films plan on using her even remotely close to how crucial she was in the comics, regarding taking down Thanos. Finally, Adam Warlock is a character that has the potential to become a key figure, in the major plot of the post-Phase Three MCU.

DNAsports    510

Probably doesn't need a spoiler considering it's a trailer, but the Infinity War trailer has been leaked. Chris Evans reprises his role as Steve Rogers who is now basically Nomad, Spider-Man is wearing the suit from the end of Homecoming and has spider sense, Thor interacts with the GotG, Black Widow is now apparently blonde, Bucky fights along side T'Challa and his army, Thanos' face doesn't fit his head, but he's also a badass.

walkerws    168

Marvel's killing all the links already. Descriptions were all over the internet after D23

DNAsports    510

Someone on Twitter suggested this theory:

Avengers 4 will be title Avengers: Secret Invasion. Someone will be killed in Infinity War and be revealed to be a Skrull. Hence why Captain Marvel will be in A4 and her movie plot is based around the Skrulls.

burgundy    538

I finally got around to seeing Spider-Man: Homecoming today, and I loved it. Easily the best Spider-Man movie, and Tom Holland pulls off the role perfectly. Vulture was a great villain as well.

Something that's bugging the crap out of me though:

Spoiler

Everyone is calling the new suit at the end the "Iron Spider" suit, but it is not. If we're talking about a tech-based suit made by stark, then the main suit is already the Iron Spider suit. And if we're going on looks, it's still not the Iron Spider. It's basically the Ben Reilly suit with gold trim. Which is actually kind of appropriate, since the homemade suit is basically a color swap of the Scarlet Spider. Who'd have thought such a maligned era of the Spider-Man comics could be so influential?

twi    271

Isn't Cable a bit bigger than that? I could be off, as my only recollection is the mid-90s version and these things do change, but this doesn't seem to ring true with me. I also don't recall the teddy bear. 

walkerws    168

They may give him some heft so he's the size of Colosus. Camera angles etc.  when you look at Wolverine, he's much larger than he is in comics so they might have not thought his size was so important. No clue on the bear.