Gary.

The Marvel Comics Movie & Television Thread

2,322 posts in this topic

Bryan Singer is going to produce X-Men: First Class

All I have to say is thank you, the 3rd X-Men is an embarassment of a film and Brett Ratner should stay away from anything involving X-Men again. Wolverine was also weak. Lets hope Singer can bring back X-Men to what it was and not the joke the last 2 were

Whatever they do, the core team needs to be represented. Go total reboot. Forget Storm, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Colossus and all the awesome additions to the team that come later. Start with the original 5 and really build them up the way they should. Cyclops needs to be the definitive good-guy, no-nonsense, fearless leader... not a whiny second-fiddle to Wolverine who gets killed off-screen. Jean should be a strong presence, Beast as well, Iceman needs to have the kind of youthful energy that the comics gave him (and that Singer/Ratner totally ignored from the first trilogy) and Angel really needs to be done right. It would be incredible to see the Warren Worthington done right, build up a fan base and then bust out his transformation into Archangel.

See the only bad thing is, Singer/Ratner universe of X-Men, I just can't see Iceman and Angel being included into the original cast of characters, since they would be probably be not even born to toddlers when the First Class is formed, it's a shame because I definitely agree with the notion that the 5 should be there, but more than likely we'll see Cyclops, Jean Gray, Beast and Storm.

As far as villains go, I think they could go with The Scarlet Witch, yes I know she was a brief member of The Avengers, but she debuted as a villain for The X-Men and I think she could be a good secondary villain with Magneto.

First photo of Thor! Looks good. I'm quite optimistic that Brannagh is going to have a successful film... now all I need is the first shot of Natalie Portman.

thorhemsworth.jpg

First photo of Thor! Looks good. I'm quite optimistic that Brannagh is going to have a successful film... now all I need is the first shot of Natalie Portman.

thorhemsworth.jpg

I don't see anything.

thorhemsworth.jpg

just in case Starchild link doesn't work still

First photo of villain, The Destroyer, in upcoming Thor movie:

destroyerpic.jpg

destroyerpic.jpg

Reminds me of Ultron

ultranrs.gif

destroyerpic.jpg

Reminds me of Ultron

ultranrs.gif

The Destroyer would not have a difficult time pummeling a robot. I'm only speculating this, so I wonder how much of the plot revolves around the buildup of the inevitable Loki vs. Thor battle.

Hugo Weaving officially confirmed as the Red Skull in the First Avenger: Captain America.

Hugo Weaving officially confirmed as the Red Skull in the First Avenger: Captain America.

He isn't new to the Super Hero genre. He's the guy who starred in V for Vendetta, played Elrond in Lord of the Rings, and voiced over Megatron in the Transformers movies. I guess it's a good choice.

He isn't new to the Super Hero genre. He's the guy who starred in V for Vendetta, played Elrond in Lord of the Rings, and voiced over Megatron in the Transformers movies. I guess it's a good choice.

And of course, he's Agent Smith.

Speculation is running rampant that the Skrulls may be the main antagonists in the Avengers movie. The Skrulls might "brainwash" the Hulk and pit him against the Avengers.

Speculation is running rampant that the Skrulls may be the main antagonists in the Avengers movie. The Skrulls might "brainwash" the Hulk and pit him against the Avengers.

It would have made more sense to have Loki assemble a super villain group after vowing revenge on Thor at the end of that movie. Starting with a "brainwashed" Hulk (Who then turns on them and joins The Avengers), the financial backing of Justin Hammer, the infinite knowledge of The Leader and the military prowess of the Red Skull.

destroyerpic.jpg

Reminds me of Ultron

ultranrs.gif

No, it was an actual character in Thor comics, back in the day:

Destroyer_%28Asgard%29_2.jpg

Description

Looks kind of like Cap in the Ultimates.

Am I the only one not happy with what they're doing with Captain America? Casting Chris Evans made me want to puke. I was hoping they could make a more edgy captain america with an older more crusty veteran actor as the Cap, make it more of a Watchmen/Dark Knight Returns-type film where it's set in a gritty world where Cpt A is an older superhero trying to make sense of a modern criminal era. Instead it's gonna be a flashy popcorn flick with a horrible lead actor.

That is an epic set of artwork in that post up above!

Am I the only one not happy with what they're doing with Captain America? Casting Chris Evans made me want to puke. I was hoping they could make a more edgy captain america with an older more crusty veteran actor as the Cap, make it more of a Watchmen/Dark Knight Returns-type film where it's set in a gritty world where Cpt A is an older superhero trying to make sense of a modern criminal era. Instead it's gonna be a flashy popcorn flick with a horrible lead actor.

At one point during the Captain America film, I expect Evans to yell or say "Flame On" in general or perhaps to the new Human Torch.

Why? That sounds terrible for a Captain America movie. It'll be his origin story set in World War II. What's so wrong about that?

As for the costume, I can live with it, but there's too much black. Couldn't they make the black straps blue? I'm not so sure about the straps as stripes design either.