Gary.

The Marvel Comics Movie & Television Thread

Hat Boy    213

temp2204.jpg

I have to agree with jrodsep that these outfits look more futuristic than Norse mythology. This picture looks like something out of 1970s-era Dr Who.

twi    277

In that picture Loki looks kind of like the guy from Big Bang Theory. :D

I never really enjoyed the Thor character or his Norse mythology backstory/enemies. The way Marvel has spun these films together though it may be difficult to resist seeing it. They're fun flicks and (even as a casual) fan I got excited at the end of Iron Man 2. Some people in our theatre flipped their lid!

jrodsep    392

Loki looks like the bastard child of Ming the Merciless and Anthony Hopkins looks like a pimped out Captain Morgan wannabe.....

rvrdgsfn    94

Concept art from Captain America and Thor. Both are being made into posters that will be distributed at Comic-Con:

captain-america_full-size.jpg

thor_full-size.jpg

Thos look pretty good, Cap looks good in the WW2 era & Thor is taking some getting used too, but the pic with him & Loki looks like a battle of epic proportion.

Mindless    30

Here is some news about "The Avengers" movie:

Jeremy Renner will be casted as Hawkeye and Mark Ruffalo will be the Hulk.

Mindless    30

Here is some news about "The Avengers" movie:

Jeremy Renner will be casted as Hawkeye and Mark Ruffalo will be the Hulk.

Is that even a spoiler?

No, I guess not since the casting information has gone viral.

Corvus    57

snipped

I have to agree with jrodsep that these outfits look more futuristic than Norse mythology. This picture looks like something out of 1970s-era Dr Who.

I get a very distinct "Stargate" vibe from the outfits actually.

jrodsep    392

First picture (blurry one at best) of Chris Evans as Cap. America:

Captain+America+First+look.jpg

Still not liking Evans as Captain America. Just watched GI Joe last week and thought Channing Tatum would be better than Evans.

Gary.    302

Tatum absolutely cannot act... at all.

Agreed, at least with Evans he knows what to do to be a super hero. I think he'll do a great job

JQK    599

Tatum absolutely cannot act... at all.

QFT

B-Rich    231

Link to trailer is severed. The Russian site Kino Govno still has it available, however:

Thor theatrical trailer

That's a solid trailer. Looks interesting. Like the Asgard/"real world" schism. I don't mind the evolution/look of the Thor costume , but I hope he wears the helmet more than what it appears he does in the trailer. The helmet is a vital part of the Thor "look".

Also, I hope he can FLY in the movie. That's one of the things which puts Thor over the top-- to Superman level; Hulk-Like strength and invulnerability, and the ability to FLY.

So far I am NOT liking the direction Captain America has been taking. From the casting of Chris Evans, to the (apparently correct) new design or re-design of the costume, to the blurry production shot, this is not looking good. The only good thing I can see is Hugo Weaving as the Red Skull.

Hat Boy    213

So far I am NOT liking the direction Captain America has been taking. From the casting of Chris Evans, to the (apparently correct) new design or re-design of the costume, to the blurry production shot, this is not looking good.

As long as Evans doesn't play Cap as "cocky" (which seems to have been all Chris Evans roles up until this point), then I think he'll be okay. As for your other concerns, I'll put my faith in Marvel for now. They have been on a hot streak since they opened their own production company.