NHL 2012

Bmac

Love Em. But gold socks on the home please, sorry I'm a hardcore traditionalist.

I really like what you've done with Bruins' home and road jerseys, their current and 70's to -95 jerseys (except theterrible shoulder patch) are my favorites.

I'm with Shamaderder and Kond. Love the 80's looks. Brilliant. Socks should be gold at home. Best update from this series yet, looking forward to the rest.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4th is way better than the previous, but I think you should make a new logo for the home jersey, because of the gold socks. I know that the Bruins have always weared gold socks, but with that home jersey's design and logo doesn't fit with gold socks.

Try combine Bruins' current and the old logo from 1956-1995, so I would look like more sensible, like this.

Hmm, Anaheim--I actually prefer what they have now, but then again, when teams change to something I like better they always seem to go back to what I don't like.

Green & jade worked for the Hulk, but not so much for a hockey team, although I do like the look of the jade alts for the Ducks--it sort of mixes retro with the odd colours, and it works-I like things getting mixed up-and it's different. I never got the Ducks using a black alt when they really didn't feature black, it seemed gratuitous. A jade one makes sense.

Atlanta--never been a big fan of what they had, or a big detractor, but I do like the consistency you brought to the unis.

It's about time.

Boston-I prefer the look they have now--but I like the two alternates--they work for me, and would look greta in rela life--some variety, and a nice touch on older looks I do like.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

personally, being an Atlantian for my entire life i love the current ATL homes. They're very nontraditional which is what hockey is in the south and it gives us what all uniforms are suppsoe to do....gives us an unique identidy from all others in the NHL. IMO

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

• 1 month later...

Well, the Stanley Cup Finals have put me in the mood to continue this series. Technically, a lot of this series is already done, I just have to post it here.

Buffalo Sabres

2011: In 2011, the Sabres will celebrate thier 40th anniversary (let's not even get into this 40/41 lock-out season nonsense). The Sabres come out in new, matching home and road uniforms. As expected, they are based off of the previous year's 3rd jersey. A royal-blue alternate jersey is also intorduced, feautring the old Buffalo Bisons Hockey wordmark. This jersey also has the Sabres' crossed swords below the wordmark. The 40th Anniversary logo I created is on all three jerseys.

2012: The team removes the anniversary patches from all jeresys and unveils another alternate jersey. Theoretically, this new alt jersey replaces the Buffaslug as Sabres fan's symbol of blame and hatred. I wouldn't expect this jersey to be well-liked for real, but I tried to keep a bit of the Sabres modern look while keeping some of the classic aspects.

2011:

sabres40annylogo.png

SabresHome2011.png

SabresRoad2011.png

SabresAlt2011.png

2012 uniforms are in next post.

-That Boston road jersey is so damn beautiful. I think that's exactly what they should wear on the road.

-The Buffalo third jersey with the script could use some tweaks. I would replace some yellow with white on the thinner arm/waist/socks stripes and the shoulder yoke's trimming. There's a significant amount of white in the front logo you chose but nowhere on the rest of the uniforms. That should be fixed. The individual crossed swords is a nice touch even though I think it may need to be "connected" with the script somehow.

-For the anniversary patch, I was thinking that dividing it entirely half navy half royal, and getting a new zero with the appropriate font would look cool.

-Nobody likes pit stains.

Just forget the whole wordmark idea for the first alt, make the whole thing navy, and use the second alt's logo on it.

There's no point having that second alt anyways. The sleeves are the exact same as the home jersey, and the 'unique' part about it, the double-blue, you already used on the other alternate anyways.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Love the Bruins' 20s throwback, that's definitely the way you'd have to do that, and it'd be great to see on the ice.

The Sabres are definitely interesting, though with their influence from Reebok (they're the first ones to go crazy-edge style with the buffaslug, afterall), i doubt they'd lose the random piping, which is a shame.

Just forget the whole wordmark idea for the first alt, make the whole thing navy, and use the second alt's logo on it.

That's what everyone has reported as what the alternate is going to have, based on the old Buffalo Bisons Pepsi-cap logo. The one thing I'd change, not by preference but by sense, is the crossed swords on the bottom of the wordmark logo to front numbers. I really like the two-blues, but there was something about a copyright that i'm not sure they'd be able to get around. still awesome, and a nice prediction

The 4th jersey IS unnecessary, kinda throws together some different elements that's not a bad concept, but i seriously doubt they'd adopt that jersey for 2012.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I know you haven't gotten there yet, but for the start of the 2012-2013 season are you going to give the Blackhawks a commemorative Back-to-Back-to-Back Stanley Cup Champions patch?

If they're almost all done, I'd love to see the first half posted on the boards instead of one at a time.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Archived