Photo

The Pointless Realignment Outpost

• Please log in to reply
1732 replies to this topic

#1721 dbadefense1990

dbadefense1990
  • I'm dead, inside and out. I'm just dead.

• Members
  • 3,839 posts

• Favourite Logos:All NBA Playoffs and Finals logos, late 1980s-early 2000s.

Posted July 14, 2014 - 21:42

My Major League Baseball:

Divisions:
AL East:
Baltimore Orioles
Boston Red Sox
Cleveland Indians
Detroit Tigers
New York Yankees
Tampa Bay Rays
Toronto Blue Jays

AL West:
Anaheim Angels
Chicago White Sox
Kansas City Royals
Minnesota Twins
Oakland Athletics
Seattle Mariners
Texas Rangers

108 games vs. same division
(18 games vs. each team x 6 teams)

54 games vs. opposite division
(6 games vs. 1 team &
8 games vs. 6 teams)

NL East:
Chicago Cubs
Florida Marlins
Milwaukee Brewers
New York Mets
Philadelphia Phillies
Pittsburgh Pirates
St. Louis Cardinals
Washington Nationals

NL West:
Arizona Diamondbacks
Atlanta Braves
Cincinnati Reds
Colorado Rockies
Houston Astros
Los Angeles Dodgers
San Diego Padres
San Francisco Giants

112 vs. same division
(16 games vs. each team x 7 teams)

50 vs. opposite division
(6 games vs. 7 teams &
8 games vs. 1 team)

Regular season breakdown:
1. NO interleague games.

2. All-Star Game rotates between leagues (ALE, NLE, ALW, NLW).

3. Opening Night is the Sunday before the NCAA Basketball National Championship Game. Game is hosted by the defending World Series champion (ring night, banner display).

4. Opening Day is the Monday of the NCAA Basketball National Championship Game. All other 28 MLB teams open on that day. All games open at 1pm local time.

5. NO World Series home-field advantage at play at the All-Star Game. The ASG will be for fun.

6. Trade deadline shall be moved to the final Sunday of July at 11:59pm ET/8:59pm PT.

7. Season ends on either the last Sunday of September/first Sunday of October (dependent of Opening Day).

Postseason:
1. Postseason begins the Tuesday/Wednesday following the end of the regular season (depending on league).

2. NO wildcards.

3. Top-2 teams per division advance to the Division Series. Format is 2-3. Team with HFA (1st place in division) get Games 3, 4 and 5; team without HFA (2nd place in division) get Games 1 and 2.

4. Division Series winners advance to the League Championship Series. Format is 2-3-2. HFA determined by regular season record of Division Series winners. Team with HFA get Games 1, 2, 6 and 7; team without HFA get Games 3, 4 and 5.

5. LCS winners meet in the World Series. Format is 2-3-2. World Series rotates between leagues (AL in odd years, NL in even years). World Series Game 7 slated for last Sunday of October.

6. League playoff scheduling formations rotates per year:

Formation #1:
DS: T, W, F, Sa, Su
LCS: T, W, F, Sa, Su, T, W

Formation #2 (goes to league with WS HFA):
DS: W, Th, Sa, Su, M
LCS: W, Th, Sa, Su, M, W, Th

World Series:
Sa, Su, T, W, Th, Sa, Su

In odd years, NL has Formation #1 and AL has Formation #2; in even years, AL has Formation #1 and NL has Formation #2.

Broadcasters:
1. NBC has the "Game of the Week," every Saturday at 1pm ET/10 am PT.

2. FOX has "FOX Saturday Baseball," every Saturday at 8pm ET/5pm PT.

3. TBS has "TBS MLB Sunday," every Sunday at 1pm ET/10am PT.

4. ESPN has "Sunday Night Baseball," every Sunday at 8pm ET/5pm PT.

5. TBS does "Opening Night," (banner night) at 8pm ET/5pm PT.

6. ESPN does "Opening Day." They get two games, one at 1pm ET/10am PT, one at 4pm ET/1pm PT.

7. TBS and ESPN rotate broadcast of Home Run Derby (TBS in odd years, ESPN in even years).

8. No FOX or ESPN weekend night games on final weekend of the season. NBC splits Saturday day coverage with FOX; TBS splits Sunday day coverage with ESPN.

9. TBS and ESPN rotate split-broadcast of Division Series (TBS/NL and ESPN/AL in odd years, TBS/AL and ESPN/NL in even years).

10. NBC and FOX rotate broadcast of All-Star Game (NBC in odd years, FOX in even years).

11. NBC and FOX rotate exclusive coverage of the League Championship Series (NBC in odd years, FOX in even years).

12. NBC and FOX rotate exclusive coverage of the World Series (FOX in odd years, NBC in even years).

#1722 DNAsports

DNAsports

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted July 14, 2014 - 22:13

Two things that I think should be changed about your idea:
-Both leagues need to be equal... NOT 14 in AL & 16 in NL
-Interleague play is a must... Gives each league a taste of the other league and provides a way for managers to challenge themselves with lineups

Other than that it's all good

#1723 (probably)notabandwagonfan

(probably)notabandwagonfan

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted July 14, 2014 - 22:17

The only thing I think doesn't work is Atlanta in the west. I know they were there until '93, but it doesn't make since that teams like St. Louis and Milwaukee are in the east when Georgia is a pretty eastern state.

#1724 masterchaoss

masterchaoss

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted July 15, 2014 - 01:14

NBA realignment because I'm board, and I think this will make the regular season more important.

NBC

West:

Lakers

Golden St

Utah

Denver

Phoenix

Central:

Milwaukee 

San Antonio

New Orleans 

Memphis 

Chicago 

East:

Washington 

Atlanta

Brooklyn 

Miami 

Philadelphia 

ABC

West:

Sacramento

Clippers

Portland

Houston

Dallas

Central:

Detroit

OKC

Cleveland

Indiana

Minnesota

East:

Charlotte

Toronto

New York

Orlando

Boston

Three division winners two wild cards per. wild card teams play 3-game series, all series after that are 7 games. the conference are separate and don't play each other till the finals, i think its make a rivalry like Lakers-Celtics feel even specialer. 

this is the alignment that i think works best. 

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif  4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gif efvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif  593.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

#1725 cappital92

cappital92
  • My beard makes a W & no one loves me.

• Members
  • 2,979 posts

• Favourite Logos:90's Devil Rays
      Late 50's Senators
      70-91 Trail Blazers
      Current Wizards alt
      95-01 Sonics
      Vancouver Grizzlies
      95-03 Rockets
      Ft. Wayne Pistons

Posted July 20, 2014 - 23:30

I was reading an article on how the Reno Aces had to travel to Nashville then to Salt Lake City. The distances involved were rather much for a junior circuit, IMO, so I'm bringing back the American Association. If a team isn't in the new AA, they're in the same league as they are now.

American Association III

Western Division

Iowa Cubs

Omaha Storm Chasers

New Orleans Zephyrs

Round Rock Express

Oklahoma Redhawks

Eastern Division

Nashville Sounds

Louisville Bats

Memphis Redbirds

Buffalo Bisons

Indianapolis Indians

The Triple-A All Star Game goes back to AL farm clubs vs. NL farm clubs. As for the playoffs, I like the AAA Championship Game, so we'll have a Championship Weekend. The AAA champion with the best record (We'll say the IL's Lehigh Valley in this scenario) gets a bye, and the other two teams (the AA's Louisville and PCL's Las Vegas) have a play-in game on Friday. Winner of the play-in game gets the Ironpigs on Sunday.  

#1726 Sanic

Sanic

• Members
  • 94 posts

• Favourite Logos:Johnny Canuck, Whalers, Current Blue Jays, Van. Grizzlies, Expos, anything that does not include bandwagon teams

Posted July 21, 2014 - 00:03

Some crap

Clarence Campbell/Western Conference

CENTRAL
Chicago Blackhawks
Kansas City Scouts (Expansion)
Milwaukee 48ers (Expansion)
Minnesota Wild
St. Louis Blues
Winnipeg Jets

PACIFIC
Calgary Flames
Edmonton Oilers
Portland Loggers (Coyotes)
Salt Lake Scorpions (Expansion)
Seattle Metros (Expansion)
Vancouver Canucks

SOUTHWEST
Anaheim Ducks
Colorado Avalanche
Dallas Stars
Houston Aeros (Expansion)
Los Angeles Kings
San Jose Sharks

Prince of Wales/Eastern Conference
ATLANTIC
Boston Bruins
Hartford Whalers (Expansion)
Montreal Canadiens
Ottawa Senators
Quebec Nordiques (Panthers)
Toronto Maple Leafs

NORTHEAST
Brooklyn Islanders of New York
Buffalo Sabres
Columbus Blue Jackets
Detroit Red Wings
New Jersey Devils
New York Rangers

MOUNTAIN
Carolina Hurricanes
Nashville Predators
Philadelphia Flyers
Pittsburgh Penguins
Tampa Bay Lightning
Washington Capitals

Canucks - Raptors - Blue Jays - Lions - Man City - Seahawks

Stop reading this

#1727 jlog3000

jlog3000

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted July 21, 2014 - 08:35

Greetings everyone. I was wondering. I just created my "dream conference" style of "super-conferences". For instance:

ACC (16)

ACC North: Boston College, Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Louisville, Maryland, Virginia, Virginia Tech
ACC South: Duke, North Carolina, North Carolina St., Wake Forest, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Florida St., Miami

B1G (16)

B1G East: Penn St., Ohio St., Michigan, Michigan St., Indiana, Purdue, Illinois, Northwestern
B1G West: Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas, Kansas St., Iowa St., Missouri

SEC (16)

SEC East: Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, South Carolina, West Virginia, Cincinnati
SEC West: Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Ole Miss, Mississippi St., Arkansas, Texas A&M, Baylor

Pac-16 (16)

Pac-16 Northwest: Washington, Washington St., Oregon, Oregon St., California, Stanford, UCLA, USC
Pac-16 Southeast: Arizona, Arizona St., Colorado, Utah, Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St.

AAC (16)

AAC East: UConn, East Carolina, South Florida, Temple, Central Florida, Army, Navy, UMass
AAC West: Houston, Memphis, SMU, Tulane, Tulsa, UAB, Southern Miss, Rice

MAC (16)

MAC East: Buffalo, Akron, Kent St., Ohio, Miami (Oh.), Marshall, Old Dominion, UNC-Charlotte
MAC West: Toledo, Ball St., Northern Illinois, Central Michigan, Eastern Michigan, Western Michigan, Bowling Green, Western Kentucky

C-USA (16)

C-USA East: FAU, FIU, Middle Tennessee, Appalachian St., Georgia Southern, Georgia St., Arkansas St.
C-USA West: Louisiana Tech, North Texas, UTSA, ULL, ULM, Texas St., Troy, South Alabama

MW (16)

MW East: UTEP, New Mexico, New Mexico St., Air Force, Colorado St., Wyoming, Utah St., BYU
MW West: Idaho, Boise St., Nevada, UNLV, Fresno St., San Diego St., San Jose St., Hawaii.

Your thoughts guys?
Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2013 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2013 ACC football regular season champions; 2013 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

#1728 Evil G

Evil G
  • Arizona Coyotes oh the monstrosity

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted July 21, 2014 - 09:47

NORTHEAST

Please no.

Steelers_zps4f02d857.png

MightyDucks_zpsb551306d.png

Pittsburgh Steelers, Anaheim Ducks, Los Angeles Clippers, Cedar Rapids Roughriders, Iowa Hawkeyes

#1729 Sanic

Sanic

• Members
  • 94 posts

• Favourite Logos:Johnny Canuck, Whalers, Current Blue Jays, Van. Grizzlies, Expos, anything that does not include bandwagon teams

Posted July 21, 2014 - 10:46

NORTHEAST

Please no.

I was bored lol

Stop reading this

#1730 Critical Thinker

Critical Thinker

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted July 23, 2014 - 15:49

Greetings everyone. I was wondering. I just created my "dream conference" style of "super-conferences". For instance:

ACC (16)

ACC North: Boston College, Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Louisville, Maryland, Virginia, Virginia Tech
ACC South: Duke, North Carolina, North Carolina St., Wake Forest, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Florida St., Miami

B1G (16)

B1G East: Penn St., Ohio St., Michigan, Michigan St., Indiana, Purdue, Illinois, Northwestern
B1G West: Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas, Kansas St., Iowa St., Missouri

SEC (16)

SEC East: Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, South Carolina, West Virginia, Cincinnati
SEC West: Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Ole Miss, Mississippi St., Arkansas, Texas A&M, Baylor

Pac-16 (16)

Pac-16 Northwest: Washington, Washington St., Oregon, Oregon St., California, Stanford, UCLA, USC
Pac-16 Southeast: Arizona, Arizona St., Colorado, Utah, Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St.

AAC (16)

AAC East: UConn, East Carolina, South Florida, Temple, Central Florida, Army, Navy, UMass
AAC West: Houston, Memphis, SMU, Tulane, Tulsa, UAB, Southern Miss, Rice

MAC (16)

MAC East: Buffalo, Akron, Kent St., Ohio, Miami (Oh.), Marshall, Old Dominion, UNC-Charlotte
MAC West: Toledo, Ball St., Northern Illinois, Central Michigan, Eastern Michigan, Western Michigan, Bowling Green, Western Kentucky

C-USA (16)

C-USA East: FAU, FIU, Middle Tennessee, Appalachian St., Georgia Southern, Georgia St., Arkansas St.
C-USA West: Louisiana Tech, North Texas, UTSA, ULL, ULM, Texas St., Troy, South Alabama

MW (16)

MW East: UTEP, New Mexico, New Mexico St., Air Force, Colorado St., Wyoming, Utah St., BYU
MW West: Idaho, Boise St., Nevada, UNLV, Fresno St., San Diego St., San Jose St., Hawaii.

Your thoughts guys?

I actually kind of like this. There's nothing here that I'd be against seeing. The AAC would probably be better off splitting into an east and west conference on their own, though.

It's _____________ and Toledo still sucks.

[insert time here]                               

#1731 DNAsports

DNAsports

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted July 25, 2014 - 15:54

For the NASCAR Enthusiasts:

Sprint Cup Series team changes in 5 Years:

Hendrick Motorsports:
24- Ty Dillon
25- Brian Scott
48- Jimmie Johnson

Joe Gibbs Racing:
11- Denny Hamlin
18- Kyle Busch
20- Matt Kenseth
19/54/81- Carl Edwards

Michael Waltrip Racing:
15- Clint Bowyer
55- Brian Vickers
50/51- Elliott Sadler

RCR:
3- Austin Dillon
27- Paul Menard
31- Ryan Newman

Roush Fenway Racing:
16- Greg Biffle/Trevor Bayne
17- Ricky Stenhouse Jr
99- Ryan Reed

Stewart-Haas Racing:
4- Kevin Harvick
10- Kurt Busch
14- Tony Stewart

Team Penske:
2- Brad Keselowski
22- Joey Logano

JR Motorsports:
5- Chase Elliott
7- Regan Smith
88- Dale Jr

Major Changes:
Jeff Gordon retires
Greg Biffle goes part time
Dale Jr brings his racing team up a level

Possibility:
Dale Jr explores possible merger with Stewart-Haas eliminating 10 car operations & 7 car operations from their respected teams.

#1732 pscf3

pscf3
  • #hailstate

• Members
  • 1,220 posts

Posted July 25, 2014 - 16:19

32 team MLB-

NL:

North-

Brewers
Cubs
Cardinals
Reds

East-

Mets
Phillies
Nationals
Expos (Expansion Team)

South-

Braves
Marlins
Pirates
Charlotte (Expansion Team)

West-

Giants
Dodgers
Padres
Diamondbacks

AL:

North-

Tigers
Indians
White Sox
Twins

East-

Yankees
Red Sox
Orioles
Blue Jays

South-

Orlando (moved from Tampa)
Astros
Rangers
Royals

West-

A's
Angels
Mariners
Rockies (moved from NL to AL)

kJeZLPR.png

1RKdiAC.png2PfSuXM.png

#1733 Sanic

Sanic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted July 26, 2014 - 00:10

Move the Dbacks, not the Rockies.

Stop reading this