DustDevil61

Your Winnipeg Jets Megathread

3,672 posts in this topic

You reap what you sew, "small government" conservatives. Nobody loves federal overreach more than Drug Warriors.

You reap what you sew, "small government" conservatives. Nobody loves federal overreach more than Drug Warriors.

I am happy to be a small govt. conservative. This stupid idea only affects Arizona and they will suffer the financial consequences. I hope to high hell that not one penny comes out of my pay check then goes to DC, then gets laundred to Arizona to bail out Glendale.

THis is why I like small government, the F uck ups have to deal with their f uck ups.

Cleared up by Websters. Insanity: Doing the same thing and expecting diferent result. Ex: Gary Bettman trying to keep the Coyotes in Phoenix

Actually that was just an Einstein quote. That's not the definition of insanity.

I am happy to be a small govt. conservative. This stupid idea only affects Arizona and they will suffer the financial consequences. I hope to high hell that not one penny comes out of my pay check then goes to DC, then gets laundred to Arizona to bail out Glendale.

THis is why I like small government, the F uck ups have to deal with their f uck ups.

Don't worry, your tax dollars will not go to Glendale. They will go to Ramsey County, Minnesota in the forms of federal highway funds for the new Vikings Stadium.

Don't worry, your tax dollars will not go to Glendale. They will go to Ramsey County, Minnesota in the forms of federal highway funds for the new Vikings Stadium.

Not to go all obama thread in here. But congress does have the power to collect taxes for roads so I have no issue there. However, if the Vikings are to get a new stadium that should come out of Minnesota tax dollars.

Cleared up by Websters. Insanity: Doing the same thing and expecting diferent result. Ex: Gary Bettman trying to keep the Coyotes in Phoenix

Actually that was just an Einstein quote. That's not the definition of insanity.

I was not being literal.

I was just using the NHL trying over and over agin to keep the Coyotes in Glendale as an example of that quote and I used it in Websters style.

To paraphrase someone else online, the relationship between the NHL and hockey fans is like the one between the couples you see on COPS. The woman crying "I CAN'T LEAVE HIM I LOVE HIM!" even as he regularly punches her in the eye.

Does that make Winnipeg the knocked up barefoot action on the side?

I see you've been to Winnipeg.

Nominated for POTD. Can I get a second?

Here we go.

postofday.png

I think we need a combo post for POTD, Lee's comeback so you've been to Winnipeg puts the cherry on top.

Why does the Federal government decide to not get involved with this contraversial Arizona issue?

Because, in this case, they're only violating the Arizona Constitution. When Arizona gets back to peeing on the US Constitution, then the Feds will be involved again.

I'm sure the Federal govt. could envoke that "interstate commerce clause" that they love so much some how.

Interstate Commerce won't be invoked to save local government polities from their own incalculable stupidity.

Or we need this to happen:

ReaganCoyotes.jpg

Although isn't that tally dated by now?

Here we go.

postofday.png

Well, what do you know, its my first POTD.

How to summarize the Coyotes Phoenix and Winnipeg saga.

You have an arena with a stupid name in the middle of nowhere in the desert surrounded by people who think ice is only served in drinks and hockey is a strange game where they chase a black circle. You have a no fan base and a team with no success that in 15 years has lost fans who have seen the team and been turned away and for some reason the sport just won't work in this area. Its an area also heavily populated with lets just call them new Americans who are hoping the ice would melt and turn into a soccer field. Its a team that can't draw will never draw and is losing money and no owner wants to keep them there. Oh yeah and now the city is paying $25 mil to keep them one more year.

You can move the team back to a city that loves them and will always love them despite leaving 15 years ago. A city that cried when they left and every year holds out hope they will return. A city where getting a ticket will be impossible, where everyone would be happy to see them return. A city that loves and breaths hockey.

Oh yeah Gary Betmman knows whats best for hockey.

You have an arena with a stupid name in the middle of nowhere in the desert surrounded by people who think ice is only served in drinks and hockey is a strange game where they chase a black circle. You have a no fan base and a team with no success that in 15 years has lost fans who have seen the team and been turned away and for some reason the sport just won't work in this area. Its an area also heavily populated with lets just call them new Americans who are hoping the ice would melt and turn into a soccer field. Its a team that can't draw will never draw and is losing money and no owner wants to keep them there. Oh yeah and now the city is paying $25 mil to keep them one more year.

You can move the team back to a city that loves them and will always love them despite leaving 15 years ago. A city that cried when they left and every year holds out hope they will return. A city where getting a ticket will be impossible, where everyone would be happy to see them return. A city that loves and breaths hockey.

Betmann:NHL::Brian France:NASCAR is not a correct analogy since unlike the France family, Bettman does not own the league/series. Bettman is hired by the owners and more specifically, the Board of Governors. He does what they would like him do to; so if keeping Phoenix as a market (and keep Bastille out) is what they want, then he goes to them with all the information and empower him to make those decisions which they have given to him. The BoG makes policy not the Commissioner; s/he just makes operational decisions based on the policy laid out and their input.

I think we've found the forward to our book.

There was talk of a "major announcement" concerning the Thrashers...that's been debunked.

After connecting with NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly earlier, he told me via email that "any talk of a 'major announcement' being planned or having been scheduled are false."

While the NHL has bought some extra time to solve the Coyotes' woes, the League is now in a position to place more emphasis on the Thrashers. That isn't to say they weren't a priority before, as several high-end NHL executives told me they've been working steadily with the Thrashers for some time.

Added Daly: "We are working closely with the Thrashers' ownership to clarify the situation going forward."

Kinda weird hearing it come from someone that's actually in the NHL office, instead of that dude Anonymous Source that keeps getting his name in the news.

Also, lol @ the fan comment at the bottom saying that the Panthers are next. It's like Mortal Kombat, people are just gonna keep on going up the ladder until they reach Goro.

Panthers are the next to fall, Blue Jackets to follow. Wild might be in trouble too. This whole league's such a house of cards.

Will be interesting to see what occurs in the future... sadly IMO the chances for Winnipeg ran out this year.

I'm interested in what's going to happen when the Blue Jackets get frustrated with Nationwide Insurance taking most of their concession/parking money, and when Nationwide Insurance shuts their arena down because it can't make enough money with Ohio State's arena down the street poaching all the dates. (mmm, poached dates.) Maybe the NHL can start bailing out real estate.

Panthers are the next to fall, Blue Jackets to follow. Wild might be in trouble too. This whole league's such a house of cards.

Wild? That would be unbelivable if the NHL fleed the state of hockey twice.