• Please log in to reply
3671 replies to this topic

#1901 Gothamite

Gothamite
  • Thirteen.

• Members
  • 21,381 posts

Posted May 11, 2011 - 10:36

You reap what you sew, "small government" conservatives. Nobody loves federal overreach more than Drug Warriors.

#1902 charger77

charger77
  • Who booked this crap?

• Members
  • 15,370 posts

Posted May 11, 2011 - 10:39

You reap what you sew, "small government" conservatives. Nobody loves federal overreach more than Drug Warriors.

I am happy to be a small govt. conservative. This stupid idea only affects Arizona and they will suffer the financial consequences. I hope to high hell that not one penny comes out of my pay check then goes to DC, then gets laundred to Arizona to bail out Glendale.

THis is why I like small government, the F uck ups have to deal with their f uck ups.

newsig_zpsb8170832.png
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I flew too close to the sun on wings of pastrami

#1903 BringBackTheVet

BringBackTheVet
  • 35 - 0, 29 KO

• Members
  • 17,800 posts

Posted May 11, 2011 - 11:01

Cleared up by Websters. Insanity: Doing the same thing and expecting diferent result. Ex: Gary Bettman trying to keep the Coyotes in Phoenix

Actually that was just an Einstein quote. That's not the definition of insanity.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

#1904 dfwabel

dfwabel

• Members
  • 9,816 posts

Posted May 11, 2011 - 11:04

I am happy to be a small govt. conservative. This stupid idea only affects Arizona and they will suffer the financial consequences. I hope to high hell that not one penny comes out of my pay check then goes to DC, then gets laundred to Arizona to bail out Glendale.

THis is why I like small government, the F uck ups have to deal with their f uck ups.

Don't worry, your tax dollars will not go to Glendale. They will go to Ramsey County, Minnesota in the forms of federal highway funds for the new Vikings Stadium.

#1905 charger77

charger77
  • Who booked this crap?

• Members
  • 15,370 posts

Posted May 11, 2011 - 11:07

Don't worry, your tax dollars will not go to Glendale. They will go to Ramsey County, Minnesota in the forms of federal highway funds for the new Vikings Stadium.

Not to go all obama thread in here. But congress does have the power to collect taxes for roads so I have no issue there. However, if the Vikings are to get a new stadium that should come out of Minnesota tax dollars.

newsig_zpsb8170832.png
PotD May 11th, 2011

#1906 NJTank

NJTank
  • Being a Mets fan is like being water boarded on a nightly basis

• Members
  • 39,623 posts

• Favourite Logos:New York Mets
      Detroit Red Wings
      Tampa Bay Buccaneers
      Boston Celtics

Posted May 11, 2011 - 11:32

Cleared up by Websters. Insanity: Doing the same thing and expecting diferent result. Ex: Gary Bettman trying to keep the Coyotes in Phoenix

Actually that was just an Einstein quote. That's not the definition of insanity.

I was not being literal.

I was just using the NHL trying over and over agin to keep the Coyotes in Glendale as an example of that quote and I used it in Websters style.
Posted Image
www.sportsecyclopedia.com
For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at
http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com
Posted Image

#1907 Gothamite

Gothamite
  • Thirteen.

• Members
  • 21,381 posts

Posted May 11, 2011 - 12:00

Yep.

OITGDNHL.

#1908 Ice_Cap

Ice_Cap
  • playoffs

• Members
  • 19,644 posts

Posted May 11, 2011 - 12:36

To paraphrase someone else online, the relationship between the NHL and hockey fans is like the one between the couples you see on COPS. The woman crying "I CAN'T LEAVE HIM I LOVE HIM!" even as he regularly punches her in the eye.

ultimateteamsigII_zpsc9247f8f.png

BASSempire_zps93b46457.png

PotD 2/26/12

#1909 charger77

charger77
  • Who booked this crap?

• Members
  • 15,370 posts

Posted May 11, 2011 - 12:41

Does that make Winnipeg the knocked up barefoot action on the side?

newsig_zpsb8170832.png
PotD May 11th, 2011

#1910 Lee.

Lee.
  • Personal sexual advisor to Mr. Jon Bon Jovi

• Moderators
  • 16,230 posts

Posted May 11, 2011 - 12:58

I see you've been to Winnipeg.
In America, sometimes all it takes is a great idea, some abandoned property, a boombox & some booze. Then it's on, you guys.
-Karl Welzein
Stuff: Twitter | Tumblr
Hockey: Twitter | Tumblr

#1911 Sodboy13

Sodboy13
  • Phoenix is a bangwagon town

• Members
  • 9,363 posts

• Favourite Logos:Barcelona Dragons
      Hartford Whalers
      US Soccer Rattlesnake
      Joliet Slammers "J-Bird"
      NBA All-Star New Orleans Crawfish

Posted May 11, 2011 - 13:24

Nominated for POTD. Can I get a second?

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

Now rambling my inane hockey thoughts at Hockey Brunch in Chicago; Noted twit - @hockeybrunch
PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

#1912 Ice_Cap

Ice_Cap
  • playoffs

• Members
  • 19,644 posts

Posted May 11, 2011 - 13:42

Here we go.

Posted Image

ultimateteamsigII_zpsc9247f8f.png

BASSempire_zps93b46457.png

PotD 2/26/12

#1913 NJTank

NJTank

• Members
  • 39,623 posts

Detroit Red Wings
      Tampa Bay Buccaneers
      Boston Celtics

Posted May 11, 2011 - 14:15

I think we need a combo post for POTD, Lee's comeback so you've been to Winnipeg puts the cherry on top.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1914 rams80

rams80
  • The 2013 Rams

• Members
  • 19,071 posts

Posted May 11, 2011 - 18:26

Why does the Federal government decide to not get involved with this contraversial Arizona issue?

Because, in this case, they're only violating the Arizona Constitution. When Arizona gets back to peeing on the US Constitution, then the Feds will be involved again.

I'm sure the Federal govt. could envoke that "interstate commerce clause" that they love so much some how.

Interstate Commerce won't be invoked to save local government polities from their own incalculable stupidity.

Or we need this to happen:

Posted Image

Although isn't that tally dated by now?

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.

Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert
POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

#1915 charger77

charger77
  • Who booked this crap?

• Members
  • 15,370 posts

Posted May 11, 2011 - 18:42

Here we go.

Posted Image

Well, what do you know, its my first POTD.

newsig_zpsb8170832.png
PotD May 11th, 2011

#1916 NJTank

NJTank

• Members
  • 39,623 posts

Detroit Red Wings
      Tampa Bay Buccaneers
      Boston Celtics

Posted May 11, 2011 - 22:20

How to summarize the Coyotes Phoenix and Winnipeg saga.

You have an arena with a stupid name in the middle of nowhere in the desert surrounded by people who think ice is only served in drinks and hockey is a strange game where they chase a black circle. You have a no fan base and a team with no success that in 15 years has lost fans who have seen the team and been turned away and for some reason the sport just won't work in this area. Its an area also heavily populated with lets just call them new Americans who are hoping the ice would melt and turn into a soccer field. Its a team that can't draw will never draw and is losing money and no owner wants to keep them there. Oh yeah and now the city is paying $25 mil to keep them one more year.

You can move the team back to a city that loves them and will always love them despite leaving 15 years ago. A city that cried when they left and every year holds out hope they will return. A city where getting a ticket will be impossible, where everyone would be happy to see them return. A city that loves and breaths hockey.

Oh yeah Gary Betmman knows whats best for hockey.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1917 NJTank

NJTank

• Members
  • 39,623 posts

Detroit Red Wings
      Tampa Bay Buccaneers
      Boston Celtics

Posted May 11, 2011 - 22:26

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1918 dfwabel

dfwabel

• Members
  • 9,816 posts

Posted May 11, 2011 - 22:54

You have an arena with a stupid name in the middle of nowhere in the desert surrounded by people who think ice is only served in drinks and hockey is a strange game where they chase a black circle. You have a no fan base and a team with no success that in 15 years has lost fans who have seen the team and been turned away and for some reason the sport just won't work in this area. Its an area also heavily populated with lets just call them new Americans who are hoping the ice would melt and turn into a soccer field. Its a team that can't draw will never draw and is losing money and no owner wants to keep them there. Oh yeah and now the city is paying $25 mil to keep them one more year.

You can move the team back to a city that loves them and will always love them despite leaving 15 years ago. A city that cried when they left and every year holds out hope they will return. A city where getting a ticket will be impossible, where everyone would be happy to see them return. A city that loves and breaths hockey.

Betmann:NHL::Brian France:NASCAR is not a correct analogy since unlike the France family, Bettman does not own the league/series. Bettman is hired by the owners and more specifically, the Board of Governors. He does what they would like him do to; so if keeping Phoenix as a market (and keep Bastille out) is what they want, then he goes to them with all the information and empower him to make those decisions which they have given to him. The BoG makes policy not the Commissioner; s/he just makes operational decisions based on the policy laid out and their input.

#1919 McCarthy

McCarthy
  • PLAYOFFS

• Members
  • 9,952 posts

• Favourite Logos:Houston Texans
      Hartford Whalers
      Minnesota Wild
      Florida Everblades
      Manitoba Moose

Posted May 11, 2011 - 23:57

I think we've found the forward to our book.

#1920 TFoA

TFoA
  • Hooray baseball

• Members
  • 18,742 posts

• Favourite Logos:Put it on a fitted cap, I'll probably love it.

Posted May 12, 2011 - 12:58

There was talk of a "major announcement" concerning the Thrashers...that's been debunked.

After connecting with NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly earlier, he told me via email that "any talk of a 'major announcement' being planned or having been scheduled are false."

While the NHL has bought some extra time to solve the Coyotes' woes, the League is now in a position to place more emphasis on the Thrashers. That isn't to say they weren't a priority before, as several high-end NHL executives told me they've been working steadily with the Thrashers for some time.

Added Daly: "We are working closely with the Thrashers' ownership to clarify the situation going forward."

Kinda weird hearing it come from someone that's actually in the NHL office, instead of that dude Anonymous Source that keeps getting his name in the news.

Also, lol @ the fan comment at the bottom saying that the Panthers are next. It's like Mortal Kombat, people are just gonna keep on going up the ladder until they reach Goro.