Phoenix Coyotes Jersey Concept

logo-maker

Phoenix Coyotes

To give the Coyotes a more distinctive look, I looked to their original jersey design (a simple southwestern pattern), added their current colors, and placed their current third jersey logo in front the Coyotes old "crescent moon" logo to give the crest some depth. I took the same southwestern inspired design and added it to the pants and socks. For the numbering I used the old San Jose numbering system (a much thinner and refined look compared to what the 'Yotes currently wear).

Home:

NHLEdgeBUF3-CoyotesHomeTemp.png

Away:

NHLEdgeBUF3-CoyotesAwayTemp.png

C&C much appreciated.

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

This has potential! I love the southwest striping. As for the logos, the chest mark is uneven. I think the coyote and moon need to have an equal outline weight. And to be honest, I'm not very fond of the paw print logo. It seems a little Minor League, like a high school logo. It's still a very good start, and I would like to see this evolve.

Love the primary logo. I'd rather just a thicker stripe between the two thin ones. The current pattern looks like Atari video game creatures to me.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I like how you incorporated the southwestern striping from the original uniforms, but I think using it on the pants is too much and I'd also replace the paw logo with the PHX/Arizona state outline logo and/or the current coyote head primary. The full-body coyote/moon combo is a cool primary logo. I wonder, how would it look if the shadow on the moon were black instead of red? (rather than a red coyote on a red moon)

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

Really love the pattern. It's unique and it works very well. I, like bohob, think something needs to be done to the crest. As he suggested, you could make the strokes on the moon and the coyote match, but I'd prefer the crest to be simply the running coyote, which I think is a great logo.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Definitely the Coyote in front of the moon. Adding the black makes it pop a bit more than the brick.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

UPDATE

- Changed primary and secondary crest

Set 1

Home

NHLEdgeBUF3-CoyotesHomeTempUpdate1.png

Away

NHLEdgeBUF3-CoyotesAwayTempUpdate1.png

Set 2 (Used only the full-bodied coyote logo.)

Home

NHLEdgeBUF3-CoyotesHomeTempUpdate2.png

Away

NHLEdgeBUF3-CoyotesAwayTempUpdate2.png

Personally I still like the Coyote in front of the moon as the primary crest. What do you think?

1. Neither crest is very good IMO. They just don't convey the same southwesternisness of the rest of your uniform. The moon is certainly better, especially because it has more black...

2. The southwestern pattern on the white jersey is trimmed with black, yet it's not on the red jersey. You've tried to stay very consistent between the two, so this stands out a lot.

3. Man, that's a whole lot of red on the home set. IMO, the worst thing to come out of the NHL's switch to dark at home is that so many home teams are now monochrome messes, and for hockey, IMO, it's not a great look. I'd really consider breaking it up by making the pants black. Obviously, this would mean black pants on the white set too, since I'm not sure that any team uses two pants. It'd look fine, because there's still a lot of red on the white jersey.

EDIT:

OK, I see - you've actually changed the colors of the whole pattern between the two jerseys. Try it with the pattern from the white jersey (black included) on both of them. Then, also trim the gold shoulder trim with black. It'll balance out all of the black much better, while adding some consistency to the whole thing.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think at the moment, the Coyote on its own looks better on the front of the jersey, mainly because it's nice and big, with the coyote being the main focus. The way you've placed him on the moon and circle logo makes him look tiny, and distracts the focus away from the coyote and onto the moon instead.

Here's a suggestion: why not make the coyote bigger, having him overlap the edges of the circle?

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Thanks for all the comments.

Two things I think I will change are:

1. the size of the coyote in front of the moon (as suggested by wildwing 64) and

2. make the patten consistent on both jerseys (as suggested by BBTV)

I'm thinking the black pants might work as well.

Again thank you all for your comments. I will try to get this updated by tomorrow (I work, but should have time in the late afternoon).

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

Definitely the Coyote in front of the moon. Adding the black makes it pop a bit more than the brick.

Stole the words out of my mouth.

I think at the moment, the Coyote on its own looks better on the front of the jersey, mainly because it's nice and big, with the coyote being the main focus. The way you've placed him on the moon and circle logo makes him look tiny, and distracts the focus away from the coyote and onto the moon instead.

Here's a suggestion: why not make the coyote bigger, having him overlap the edges of the circle?

I noticed this too. I like the overlap idea.

Black pants might also make the leg pattern seem less overwhelming.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

Archived