• 26 posts

Posted July 31, 2011 - 10:36

I've also noticed the design appearing on the tiny 100 calorie Diet Coke cans

#182 jake22

jake22

• Members
  • 1,585 posts

Posted July 31, 2011 - 11:07

I'm not sure if this exactly fits into this topic (but it certainly does not deserve its own). Anyway, I had a job working at a Safeway grocery store for about 6 months until i quit a month or two ago, as you can imagine I observed a lot of different packaging changes. But this one stood out to me, I've been meaning to post it here for a long time but i am only now just getting to it.

So it must have been late last year, there was this big kosher display in the back of the store that had common products but they were kosher. I was putting back this bag of Lays potato chips when I noticed something odd.

Posted Image

I don't know packaging labels by heart but something didn't seem right. I looked both ways for my manager and then took a picture and made my way over to where the rest of the chips were. I found what I thought i would find, a bad of the same kind of Lays that was not kosher.

Posted Image

Notice how the Y on the kosher product has a loop and the non-kosher product doesn't? Why is this? Do they seriously find it necessary to make such a small change? is there another reason that I don't know about? Can anyone shed some light on this mystery?

#183 TxRangersFan

TxRangersFan

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted July 31, 2011 - 20:00

Cheer detergent has changed their packaging design. Again.

Old (I think this is the previous design):
Posted Image

New:
Posted Image

If you do a Google image search for "cheer detergent," you'll see how many different designs that Cheer has used.
May God bless you all and fill your hearts with faith, hope, and love!

#184 abluecarrot

abluecarrot

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted August 1, 2011 - 08:27

I'm not sure if this exactly fits into this topic (but it certainly does not deserve its own). Anyway, I had a job working at a Safeway grocery store for about 6 months until i quit a month or two ago, as you can imagine I observed a lot of different packaging changes. But this one stood out to me, I've been meaning to post it here for a long time but i am only now just getting to it.

So it must have been late last year, there was this big kosher display in the back of the store that had common products but they were kosher. I was putting back this bag of Lays potato chips when I noticed something odd.

Posted Image

I don't know packaging labels by heart but something didn't seem right. I looked both ways for my manager and then took a picture and made my way over to where the rest of the chips were. I found what I thought i would find, a bad of the same kind of Lays that was not kosher.

Posted Image

Notice how the Y on the kosher product has a loop and the non-kosher product doesn't? Why is this? Do they seriously find it necessary to make such a small change? is there another reason that I don't know about? Can anyone shed some light on this mystery?

When I was abroad in India and Germany I only saw the curly Y.

#185 EddieJ1984

EddieJ1984

• Members
  • 2,218 posts

Posted August 11, 2011 - 18:17

2 changes.
1) Gatorade, dont have a pic but basically the G bolt logo is a but smaller and now outlines in dark grey, so gatorade still looks mediocre, to me it suffers the same problem the old nestea 20oz's did, it uses GRAY as its label color, so all of them look diet! I have to really make sure I dont get the G2 ones since they taste worse. So the regular gatordes should either be green or the color of the drink! G2 can stay gray.

2)There seems to be now 1.25 liters of coke products. really? Theres the .5 liters, 20oz, 1 liters, 2 liters. and now 1.25 liters?
So heres a pic, which ALSO shows a NEW label for Seagram's Ginger Ale!
Posted Image

#186 OMMF

OMMF
  • CCSLC Night Crew leader?

• Members
  • 5,588 posts

Posted August 11, 2011 - 18:47

2 changes.
1) Gatorade, dont have a pic but basically the G bolt logo is a but smaller and now outlines in dark grey, so gatorade still looks mediocre, to me it suffers the same problem the old nestea 20oz's did, it uses GRAY as its label color, so all of them look diet! I have to really make sure I dont get the G2 ones since they taste worse. So the regular gatordes should either be green or the color of the drink! G2 can stay gray.

2)There seems to be now 1.25 liters of coke products. really? Theres the .5 liters, 20oz, 1 liters, 2 liters. and now 1.25 liters?
So heres a pic, which ALSO shows a NEW label for Seagram's Ginger Ale!
Posted Image

Edit: Quick Google search shows that the 1.25L size was for Coke's 125th anniversary. So where ever you are, Coke must be the bottler and distributor for Dr Pepper.

Edited by OMMF, August 11, 2011 - 18:48.

Posted Image

#187 EddieJ1984

EddieJ1984

• Members
  • 2,218 posts

Posted August 11, 2011 - 19:28

I know coke bottles dr pepper here, also this is the first time seein this here (philly)
Also, still Seagrams is sportin a new label, its had the same on for what since the 90s? or whenever?

#188 AndrewPF

AndrewPF
  • A Future Lived In Past Tense

• Members
  • 3,200 posts

• Favourite Logos:Pat Patriot
      Mighty Ducks primary
      Mets primary
      Devil Rays gradient

Posted August 11, 2011 - 21:01

I've been noticing Coca-Cola 16oz bottles with an enlarged logo on them. Diet Coke bottles also have the logo enlarged.
Posted Image

TATC Coke.

TATCoke

And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

POTD: 2/14/12
COYS

#189 ldswoosh33

ldswoosh33

• Members
  • 523 posts

Posted August 11, 2011 - 21:42

Posted Image
Posted Image

Gross.. the food and the logo
Romans 5:8

NikoLazar.com

#190 AndrewPF

AndrewPF

• Members
  • 3,200 posts

Mighty Ducks primary
      Mets primary
      Devil Rays gradient

Posted August 25, 2011 - 22:35

Corona has a new bottle with a full-bottle picture design replacing the classic label

Posted Image

I don't really like it. The old one was iconic and was unmistakably Corona. This looks more like some sort of wine cooler.

And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS

#191 CS85

CS85
  • resident joyless turd

• Members
  • 13,572 posts

Posted August 25, 2011 - 23:51

Corona has a new bottle with a full-bottle picture design replacing the classic label

Posted Image

I don't really like it. The old one was iconic and was unmistakably Corona. This looks more like some sort of wine cooler.

Get them while you can, they'll be collectibles soon. Backlash is gonna be harsh.

#192 dfwabel

dfwabel

• Members
  • 10,555 posts

Posted August 25, 2011 - 23:56

Posted Image

Get them while you can, they'll be collectibles soon. Backlash is gonna be harsh.

They are/were Limited Editions,

"The objective of the campaign is to help consumers find their happy place, wherever and whatever that may be. The designs reflect Corona?s personality as an approachable, confident, smart, timeless, easy going and fun loving premium quality brand. The goals of the packaging design were to increase visibility at retail, drive the intent to purchase and create WOW and it worked. The brightly coloured bottles are generating a lot of curiosity and appeal. The new designs also elevate Corona above the crowd of "me too" beer brands that are flooding the market."

-Shikatani Lacroix President Jean-Pierre Lacroix

#193 CS85

CS85
  • resident joyless turd

• Members
  • 13,572 posts

Posted August 26, 2011 - 00:02

Ah.

#194 cornettored

cornettored

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted August 28, 2011 - 00:05

It's not a great picture but they made the Hawaiian Punch mascot more "human"
Posted Image

Posted Image

#195 Coast2CoastAM2006

Coast2CoastAM2006
  • The new mascot of the New York Mets

• Members
  • 7,341 posts

• Favourite Logos:Islanders Fisherman

Posted August 28, 2011 - 08:28

Posted Image

while not on the packaging, Planters has been using a more 'real' version of Mr. Peanut.

Posted Image

i don't know what it is but i really prefer the cartoon drawing here. I just don't like the computer generated version of it. it just seems lifeless and not as iconic.
Posted Image

Islanders96.png

"I walked away from the Last Great Time War, I marked the passing of the Timelords, I saw the birth of the universe and I watched as time ran out, moment by moment until nothing remained -- no time, no space, just ME! I walked in universes where the laws of physics were devised by the mind of a mad man! And I watched universes freeze and creations burn, I have seen things you wouldn't believe, I have lost things you will never understand! And I know things, secrets that must never be told, knowledge that must never be spoken! Knowledge that will make parasite gods blaze! So come on then! Take it! Take it all baby! Have it! You have it all!"

#196 AndrewPF

AndrewPF

• Members
  • 3,200 posts

Mighty Ducks primary
      Mets primary
      Devil Rays gradient

Posted August 29, 2011 - 10:02

Posted Image

while not on the packaging, Planters has been using a more 'real' version of Mr. Peanut.

Posted Image

i don't know what it is but i really prefer the cartoon drawing here. I just don't like the computer generated version of it. it just seems lifeless and not as iconic.
Posted Image

and creepy to boot!

COYS

#197 Lee.

Lee.
  • Personal sexual advisor to Mr. Jon Bon Jovi

• Moderators
  • 16,548 posts

Posted August 30, 2011 - 12:37

Posted Image

The best part is you can still see and feel the printed-on labels underneath the full wraps.

#OhGodWhyDidIBuyTheseIHateCorona
In America, sometimes all it takes is a great idea, some abandoned property, a boombox & some booze. Then it's on, you guys.
-Karl Welzein
Stuff: Twitter | Tumblr
Hockey: Twitter | Tumblr

#198 dulalj

dulalj

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted September 1, 2011 - 02:38

Wow, :shocked:

#199 EddieJ1984

EddieJ1984

• Members
  • 2,218 posts

Posted September 1, 2011 - 21:14

http://www.nabiscoworld.com/newtons/
Fig Newtons changed their labeling.
Downgrade imo, just because it now says Newtons with Original Fig on the right?
No one is gonna say "yea gotta get the newtons original fig"
So I dont care for it.

#200 dfwabel

dfwabel

• Members
  • 10,555 posts

Posted September 15, 2011 - 12:04

Posted Image

The best part is you can still see and feel the printed-on labels underneath the full wraps.

#OhGodWhyDidIBuyTheseIHateCorona

They are doing it again.

This time in select markets and the labels feature six teams from Mexican First Division.