Supermarket Packaging Changes

Coast2CoastAM2006

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Australian brand maggi has changed the packaging for it's instant noodles range. Definitely an upgrade, although the taste definitely isn't! The old one is on the left.

5642880279_f97ffe1cde_m.jpg5642880443_80185d1e14_m.jpg

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

Cherry Coke has a new label now.

Old:

751238b.jpg

New:

cherrycokenew.png

Has it always been "Coca Cola - Cherry" as opposed to "Cherry Coca Cola"? Was it ever "Cherry Coke"?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'll never understand what they were thinking about with that design. Why would they want to separate one of their products from their iconic brand?

I always thought that there was a clear distinction between when they used the word Coke vs Coca Cola in their products. For example, Diet Coke is called that because it's actually an artificially-sweetened version of their "Coke" product (AKA New Coke), while Coca Cola Zero is named as such because it is an artificially-sweetened version of their Coca Cola Classic product.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'll never understand what they were thinking about with that design. Why would they want to separate one of their products from their iconic brand?

I always thought that there was a clear distinction between when they used the word Coke vs Coca Cola in their products. For example, Diet Coke is called that because it's actually an artificially-sweetened version of their "Coke" product (AKA New Coke), while Coca Cola Zero is named as such because it is an artificially-sweetened version of their Coca Cola Classic product.

I was thinking about this as I posted the picture. I can't tell if it's a good idea or not to brand each flavor as it's own. Nothing is going to dilute the Coca-Cola brand so it seems like it would be okay to market each soda by itself. Coke Zero is doing that, kind of, right now. They even call it Coke and Coke Zero in the commercials, not even uttering the name Coca-Cola.

That awkward phase logo was their last label of "Cherry Coke" I do agree that it looked odd, especially on cans as seen here.

coke117.JPG

I like that the current label with the previous one I posted, has a distinctive background color (purple), works well for it.

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed the store brand products in Giant is changin. This is in a PA Giant, which uses this logo on its stores.

GiantLogo.jpg

I know the other giant chain and stop & shop now use the fruit bowl logo for their stores. (Either way all 3 is owned by the same parent company)

Anyways, the store brand packaging seems to be changing from the old red round rectangle giant logo to the new fruit bowl logo.

Here is the waffles, old om left and new on right.

giantwaffles.png

A part of me liked that the old label's for their products would mimmick the brand it was trying to be, now most of the products have the same feel to them, just with color changes.

Also the soda used to look really unique, and now some of it is changin to the new fruit bowl logo, gone is the fun names (Rally Cola, Sunpop, Main Street Soda) and now its just orange soda, cola, root beer.

With that said, it is good and modern lookin, but its just now all the products will have the same general store brand theme to them.

I noticed the store brand products in Giant is changin. This is in a PA Giant, which uses this logo on its stores.

GiantLogo.jpg

I know the other giant chain and stop & shop now use the fruit bowl logo for their stores. (Either way all 3 is owned by the same parent company)

Anyways, the store brand packaging seems to be changing from the old red round rectangle giant logo to the new fruit bowl logo.

Here is the waffles, old om left and new on right.

giantwaffles.png

A part of me liked that the old label's for their products would mimmick the brand it was trying to be, now most of the products have the same feel to them, just with color changes.

Also the soda used to look really unique, and now some of it is changin to the new fruit bowl logo, gone is the fun names (Rally Cola, Sunpop, Main Street Soda) and now its just orange soda, cola, root beer.

With that said, it is good and modern lookin, but its just now all the products will have the same general store brand theme to them.

The trend is for stores' private-label products to all have the same unified design. Walmart does it with their "Great Value" line. Target does it with their "Up and Up" and "Market Pantry" lines. Kroger is doing it with their redesigns that they are gradually rolling out. (It seems like I see the new design elements added to additional products every time I shop there.) Even little ol' Dollar General has redesigned their "DG" store-brand products in this fashion. One big exception to this trend is Aldi, which has invaded the DFW area the last year or so. Aldi almost exclusively sells private-label products, yet they use numerous "brands" for these products. Their chips are called "Clancy's," their crackers are called "Savoritz," their ketchup, mustard, etc. are called "Burman's," and on and on.

May God bless you all and fill your hearts with faith, hope, and love!

Slight update for Fresh Step. They can't seem to sit still with their packaging for more than 6 months at a time

Old top, new bottom

1306251776120.jpg

The cat is breeding.

I do not like how they emphasized the words "urine and feces" so much on the new design. Multiple cats on the Multicat product makes perfect sense though; they missed that completely before.

87Redskins.png

Archived