Backbreaker video game team cutomization

ONUV

I remember a long time ago in a galixy far far away that EA used to do stuff like this. Back, you know, when they were trying. I hope it is a decent game, because at the end, you still got to play the game.

Saw this today, but forgot to post it. Hopefully there is a way to use the customization via PC and upload it, in a way that Team Builder does. That'd make things a lot faster, instead of just two joysticks. Regardless, 1000 layers is pretty awesome consider how detailed things could get. Looks promising.

I think the game will be much like the 2k series, which I'm excited about.

I fell into the trap a few years ago when 2K released All Pro football. Paid $60 for it. It had a lot of potential, better customizing features than Madden, etc. Months later that game was $30 (then soon after $15) and the sequal was cancelled. I just have to say that no matter the gameplay of one game (or how bad EA is with features or lack thereof) no game seems to be able to top the hype of Madden or conquer the lack of the NFL teams/players.

KISSwall09.jpg

Alright. I officially want to buy Backbreaker now. That customization engine laughs at the face of Madden. It's about as deep and compete of an engine I've ever seen!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Alright. I officially want to buy Backbreaker now. That customization engine laughs at the face of Madden. It's about as deep and compete of an engine I've ever seen!

It does look quite cool--I may need to check that out.

I stuck with Madden 2004, due to how the custom team use in later versions needed outside mods & apps until much later--and even then the amount of time needed was ridiculous.

And 2004 improved on 2002 in some ways, but went downhill in others.

Since I play with custom teams anyway--I'd like to check this out.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Yeah, it looks fantastic- IF you like your football players to look like the Fox robots.

Plastic jerseys aren't going to look good no matter how much you can customize them. Seriously- the players look terrible and they're all the same size. The QBs look like TEs. The OLs look like DBs...

Basically- all this game is is a demo for Madden to see if they'll use it as their engine in the future.

942984_20090611_790screen002.jpg

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/4158/arhart.jpg

What's with the abs on the jerseys? The fold-under shoulder pad/jerseys. Just weird.

The physics look great- but that's ALL that looks interesting about this one.

Well, the big part about this game is the engine, not necessarily the player models. I don't think this is to show EA so that they will purchase the engine because EA likes to pill on what it has from Madden '98. I think the main point about this game is that they are trying to sell the action of the Euphoria engine. If it can simulate a hard-to-reproduce sport like football, then it will raise eyebrows.

That being said, the customization is limited to the cut of the jerseys, and the logo editor is as complex as Forza (yeah, it can produce a good logo, but it takes a whole day and a half to make). Even with $10 shaved off the top, I think I'll wait on this one.

Archived