CSU Pueblo Thunderwolves Concept

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

#1 ruffbuff

ruffbuff

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted May 7, 2010 - 17:39

As some of you know from another thread involving the "Thunderwolf"...I designed the CSU Pueblo Thunderwolves logo about 8 years ago, in my sports logo infancy. I submitted about 4 designs to their logo contest and they picked my least favorite. Anyway, I'm not the biggest fan of it and would like to revamp it a bit. I know the school would not go for a total overhaul...but PERHAPS a slight alteration and hopefully improvement.

I've come up with a couple slight alterations and I'm looking for some helpful hints. Thank you.

Posted Image

#2 skier14

skier14

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted May 7, 2010 - 17:56

New concept 1 I think is the best. The second one, the wolf looks like it sleeping (not very intimidating). The first concept looks great.

-Skier

Posted Image

#3 Brave-Bird 08

Brave-Bird 08
  • True hipsters wear Peerless Price jerseys to Falcons games

• Members
  • 4,025 posts

Posted May 7, 2010 - 18:31

take the vertical wordmark off the bottom left and ur money!

gN8gIJg.png

Facebook | Twitter | Instagram                        

#4 oddball

oddball

• Members
  • 4,555 posts

Posted May 7, 2010 - 18:42

When I saw this post, I thought with the name, "This should be fun." I'm actually disappointed. Why? I was looking for something
more dynamic, and this is kind of the same ol' sports logo of the past 10-15 years. To me it's just a wolf over letters. The name
is unique and I was hoping to get a feel of what a Thunderwolf would look like. To me I guess I was expecting a worf to be coming
out of cloulds with lightning behind it. Then I thought, why not try and create something that has a Native American feel to it?
"You can't fix stupid. It's forever." - Joey Logano Driver of the #20 Home Depot Camry.

Posted Image

#5 omnivore

omnivore
  • 2012 NCFA-FCS National Champions

• Members
  • 884 posts

Posted May 7, 2010 - 19:55

Maybe you could convince them as part of an overhaul of the institutional look. I realize it's pretty well tied to the CSU brand in Ft. Collins, but the way they're doing it now...well, it could use a lot of work. That might sell.
Posted Image
NCFA-FCS: Minnesota A&M Redhorse
2012 National Champions, 2012 Big 4 Conference Champions
SLOP: (OOTP) St. Louis Aviators
FOFC-FBCB: St. John's Red Storm

#6 JJSCOTT

JJSCOTT

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted May 8, 2010 - 00:37

I go to CSUP! Love the redesign #1!!! I have always thought they need some red in the thunderwolf head though. Cause when it stands alone you would never know the red is one of the school colors.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 Spammy

Spammy
  • oh my god its been ages

• Members
  • 1,285 posts

Posted May 8, 2010 - 22:46

Hey ruffbuff, you may need to call up our school, some teachers and students are selling the logo on t-shirts and stuff and claming it as our logo.

#8 ruffbuff

ruffbuff

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted May 10, 2010 - 09:05

When I saw this post, I thought with the name, "This should be fun." I'm actually disappointed. Why? I was looking for something
more dynamic, and this is kind of the same ol' sports logo of the past 10-15 years. To me it's just a wolf over letters. The name
is unique and I was hoping to get a feel of what a Thunderwolf would look like. To me I guess I was expecting a worf to be coming
out of cloulds with lightning behind it. Then I thought, why not try and create something that has a Native American feel to it?

The reason I didn't get too "out of the box" on this new concept is because I don't think the school would go for a total overhaul of their existing logo...They might, however, go for a slight improvement...

#9 ruffbuff

ruffbuff

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted May 10, 2010 - 09:09

I go to CSUP! Love the redesign #1!!! I have always thought they need some red in the thunderwolf head though. Cause when it stands alone you would never know the red is one of the school colors.

Red is a tricky color to work in there...I'm trying to find the best way to do it...any ideas?

I know the new baseball caps this year, they have a red outline

Baseball page

#10 ruffbuff

ruffbuff

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted May 10, 2010 - 11:05

Hey ruffbuff, you may need to call up our school, some teachers and students are selling the logo on t-shirts and stuff and claming it as our logo.

I don't own the rights to that logo anymore...CSU-Pueblo does. What is the name of your school? I'd like to see how you guys are using it

#11 Milo Meningocele

Milo Meningocele
  • EFL Trade Police

• Members
  • 3,884 posts

Posted May 10, 2010 - 12:13

Yeah, the first one is slightly better, because I think we should all be getting very tired of pupil-less eyes. Although, this is pretty much just a "Wolves" concept, nothing really says "Thunderwolves" (except too subtly in the teeth).
Posted Image

#12 Fjm

Fjm

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted May 10, 2010 - 13:38

Concept #1 is excellent. And I think it has sufficient "thunder" to it, with the bolt in the teeth to the subtle bolt in the head/neck hair.

I prefer the "PUEBLO" underneath the CSU, though, in some manner, similar to what you did in concept #2.

Curious...is the existing logo that you displayed the one that they used from you 8 years ago? Do you have a pic of what their logo looked like prior to that? And what your other 3 unused logos looked like?

#13 ruffbuff

ruffbuff

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted May 10, 2010 - 14:56

Concept #1 is excellent. And I think it has sufficient "thunder" to it, with the bolt in the teeth to the subtle bolt in the head/neck hair.

I prefer the "PUEBLO" underneath the CSU, though, in some manner, similar to what you did in concept #2.

Curious...is the existing logo that you displayed the one that they used from you 8 years ago? Do you have a pic of what their logo looked like prior to that? And what your other 3 unused logos looked like?

Past ThunderWolves

#14 ruffbuff

ruffbuff

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted May 10, 2010 - 14:57

Yeah, the first one is slightly better, because I think we should all be getting very tired of pupil-less eyes. Although, this is pretty much just a "Wolves" concept, nothing really says "Thunderwolves" (except too subtly in the teeth).

like Fjm pointed out...there is a 'bolt' in both the teeth and the back of the neck...

#15 ruffbuff

ruffbuff

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted May 11, 2010 - 11:22

Here is an updated version. All C & C is appreciated.

Posted Image

#16 ruffbuff

ruffbuff

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted May 11, 2010 - 15:10

bump for C&C

#17 ruffbuff

ruffbuff

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted May 11, 2010 - 16:32

How about this?

Posted Image

#18 DeadFish

DeadFish

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted May 11, 2010 - 19:20

I like the addition of the red

#19 JJSCOTT

JJSCOTT

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted May 11, 2010 - 19:40

I really like the added red. I am not crazy about the outline those maybe a shadow style red in the back part of the bolt that goes down the back of the head instead.
Love this though! I have always liked the current thunderwolf but this is even better!!!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#20 leggman01

leggman01

• Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted May 11, 2010 - 20:49

really nice...you took a solid base design and really amped it up, in my mind...they would be nuts not to use this tweak
Posted Image