CSU Pueblo Thunderwolves Concept

ruffbuff

As some of you know from another thread involving the "Thunderwolf"...I designed the CSU Pueblo Thunderwolves logo about 8 years ago, in my sports logo infancy. I submitted about 4 designs to their logo contest and they picked my least favorite. Anyway, I'm not the biggest fan of it and would like to revamp it a bit. I know the school would not go for a total overhaul...but PERHAPS a slight alteration and hopefully improvement.

I've come up with a couple slight alterations and I'm looking for some helpful hints. Thank you.

NEWWOLF.jpg

When I saw this post, I thought with the name, "This should be fun." I'm actually disappointed. Why? I was looking for something

more dynamic, and this is kind of the same ol' sports logo of the past 10-15 years. To me it's just a wolf over letters. The name

is unique and I was hoping to get a feel of what a Thunderwolf would look like. To me I guess I was expecting a worf to be coming

out of cloulds with lightning behind it. Then I thought, why not try and create something that has a Native American feel to it?

Maybe you could convince them as part of an overhaul of the institutional look. I realize it's pretty well tied to the CSU brand in Ft. Collins, but the way they're doing it now...well, it could use a lot of work. That might sell.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

I go to CSUP! Love the redesign #1!!! I have always thought they need some red in the thunderwolf head though. Cause when it stands alone you would never know the red is one of the school colors.

Mhockeyavatar-1.jpgMRink.jpgMhockeyavatarmaize-1.jpg

Hey ruffbuff, you may need to call up our school, some teachers and students are selling the logo on t-shirts and stuff and claming it as our logo.

When I saw this post, I thought with the name, "This should be fun." I'm actually disappointed. Why? I was looking for something

more dynamic, and this is kind of the same ol' sports logo of the past 10-15 years. To me it's just a wolf over letters. The name

is unique and I was hoping to get a feel of what a Thunderwolf would look like. To me I guess I was expecting a worf to be coming

out of cloulds with lightning behind it. Then I thought, why not try and create something that has a Native American feel to it?

The reason I didn't get too "out of the box" on this new concept is because I don't think the school would go for a total overhaul of their existing logo...They might, however, go for a slight improvement...

I go to CSUP! Love the redesign #1!!! I have always thought they need some red in the thunderwolf head though. Cause when it stands alone you would never know the red is one of the school colors.

Red is a tricky color to work in there...I'm trying to find the best way to do it...any ideas?

I know the new baseball caps this year, they have a red outline

Baseball page

Hey ruffbuff, you may need to call up our school, some teachers and students are selling the logo on t-shirts and stuff and claming it as our logo.

I don't own the rights to that logo anymore...CSU-Pueblo does. What is the name of your school? I'd like to see how you guys are using it

Concept #1 is excellent. And I think it has sufficient "thunder" to it, with the bolt in the teeth to the subtle bolt in the head/neck hair.

I prefer the "PUEBLO" underneath the CSU, though, in some manner, similar to what you did in concept #2.

Curious...is the existing logo that you displayed the one that they used from you 8 years ago? Do you have a pic of what their logo looked like prior to that? And what your other 3 unused logos looked like?

Concept #1 is excellent. And I think it has sufficient "thunder" to it, with the bolt in the teeth to the subtle bolt in the head/neck hair.

I prefer the "PUEBLO" underneath the CSU, though, in some manner, similar to what you did in concept #2.

Curious...is the existing logo that you displayed the one that they used from you 8 years ago? Do you have a pic of what their logo looked like prior to that? And what your other 3 unused logos looked like?

Past ThunderWolves

Yeah, the first one is slightly better, because I think we should all be getting very tired of pupil-less eyes. Although, this is pretty much just a "Wolves" concept, nothing really says "Thunderwolves" (except too subtly in the teeth).

like Fjm pointed out...there is a 'bolt' in both the teeth and the back of the neck...

I really like the added red. I am not crazy about the outline those maybe a shadow style red in the back part of the bolt that goes down the back of the head instead.

Love this though! I have always liked the current thunderwolf but this is even better!!!

Mhockeyavatar-1.jpgMRink.jpgMhockeyavatarmaize-1.jpg

Archived