NHL themed football helmets

OrangeBalloonCoast

I was bored recently so I decided to start an NHL themed football helmet series. I know it doesn't exactly make much sense, especially when the logos have sticks and pucks, but I did it anyway just for the hell of it.

I'll start by posting the original six teams. Nothing revolutionary here, after all they are the original six!

I purposely made each of these as different colored as possible, sometimes using previous franchise colors rather than the ones used today (e.g. Detroit and New York), and I also used some familiar patterns for each teams' stripes.

Boston

4602600116_5cafcbf843_o.png4601985637_756e7820e6_o.png

Chicago (logo faces left on both sides)

4602607020_a499d5cb9c_o.png4602607072_b655a618da_o.png

Detroit (logo is flipped horizontally on each side, so I posted the left side of the helmet that has the usual logo)

4602612650_fb71d5731d_o.png4602612714_bf1b1de814_o.png

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should flip the Blackhawks logo like you did for the Red Wings. It just looks wrong facing backwards.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Just some observations:

- I like the Boston helmet, though I would have gone with a black helmet because they don't have a yellow jersey anymore (Winter Classic excluding).

- I don't see why you decided against flipping the Blackhawks logo.

- IMO, the Red Wings helmet would be better off resembling the Eagles helmet or placing the wheel above the helmet's earhole and letting the wings wrap around the helmet.

- Would be better off red helmet, blue facemask, and using the stripe that adorns the midsection.

- My favorite of the bunch, no changes here.

- I would have reversed the colors of the helmet and facemask, but I don't have a big beef with it being blue.

You should flip the Blackhawks logo like you did for the Red Wings. It just looks wrong facing backwards.

I thought the same way until I saw that Chicago wears it facing the left on both sides of their helmet, so I went with the backwards look too

4605403178_d537d231a1_o.jpg

It would be kinda cool to see a full uniform set for each team...just an idea if you have extra time...

maybe after I finish doing the helmets

Just some observations:

- I like the Boston helmet, though I would have gone with a black helmet because they don't have a yellow jersey anymore (Winter Classic excluding).

- I don't see why you decided against flipping the Blackhawks logo.

- IMO, the Red Wings helmet would be better off resembling the Eagles helmet or placing the wheel above the helmet's earhole and letting the wings wrap around the helmet.

- Would be better off red helmet, blue facemask, and using the stripe that adorns the midsection.

- My favorite of the bunch, no changes here.

- I would have reversed the colors of the helmet and facemask, but I don't have a big beef with it being blue.

- yellow is more unique (Kings, Tampa, Pens, Flyers, and Sens all could be black too)

- see above

- I tried doing an Eagles-style look for Detroit, but I really like the Detroit logo better than doing a helmet with just wings

- I thought about doing that style helmet when I first started...maybe I'll take a stab at it later

- thanks

- yeah I did a white one too, but I liked the blue one better

Chicago (logo faces left on both sides)

4602607020_a499d5cb9c_o.png4602607072_b655a618da_o.png

While I am totally with you on that one, what about a suggestion that the helmet only have one side and leave the other (in which the logo would be "backwards" just red?

Montreal (helmet striping resembles the French flag)

4602617370_8f10de6153_o.png4602003195_d382f64425_o.png

Would a red helmet here not work or you just found that you had too many red helmets to begin with?

New York Rangers (I really like the Rangers' font, and I wanted to use it on the helmet....so, I choose to put the number in the front rather than on the sides a la Alabama)

4602007461_1ec798af5b_o.png4602621510_0fb0c5bcc5_o.png

It might buck with tradition, but I would like to see this with the liberty head logo as opposed to the Rangers shield. Change the blue to match, might be something.

The Rangers helmet could look cool with Statue of Liberty style spikes around the top front.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

While I am totally with you on that one, what about a suggestion that the helmet only have one side and leave the other (in which the logo would be "backwards" just red?

yeah maybe, but then people would complain that it was a Steelers ripoff :rolleyes:

For the Blackhawks, I would either flip the logo the right way, or use the shoulder "C" instead and make it emulate the Bears' helmet.

I did try one of those, but I still like the primary logo better

4609416999_eaa411773d_o.png

all pretty good, i think it would be cool if you could somehow have the maple leafs stripa as a leaf

I don't think that would work because the leaves would be upside down at some point

An idea would be to remove the face from the primary and just have the feathers on the helmet.

that's an interesting idea, but where would they go?... I guess towards the back but wouldn't the helmet would look really odd from behind??... maybe not, if it looked something like an old Redskins' helmet

what about the rest of the helmet, would it no longer have any stripes?... probably not... and what color would the helmet be?... black maybe??...

maybe I'll come back to this later if I can find my back-of-the-helmet template

For Anaheim, I'd use a black helmet with the current Webfoot D.

Like so many other teams, the Ducks' helmet could be black and that's why I chose purple for the colored helmet.

Anaheim (I really like this logo and think they should use it by itself on the front of their sweaters, and although I'm not a big fan of their current colors, I thought I'd use them along with more modern looking helmet stripes.)

4623415436_31edfed61f_o.png4623415484_b2afd9db8c_o.png

Archived