UFL

landmasta

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Redwoods would be excellent if they used a non-league color scheme. Picture it in 2 tones of maroon with a tannish gold color (perhaps too 49ers). The design itself is great, but the colors let it down.

Huh. I never noticed the "C" in that Redwoods logo before. It's a shame that one's going away. Sentinels too, for that matter. Both solid logos hampered by a poor color scheme.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Huh. I never noticed the "C" in that Redwoods logo before. It's a shame that one's going away. Sentinels too, for that matter. Both solid logos hampered by a poor color scheme.

Hello everyone Good pick up on the "C" there Lee, i also like the Sentinels. Do not really understand the Locos at all, Locos in Las Vegas, not Gamblers?

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

Hello everyone Good pick up on the "C" there Lee, i also like the Sentinels. Do not really understand the Locos at all, Locos in Las Vegas, not Gamblers?

Short for Locomotives and a reference to Vegas' history (it was founded as a railroad town in 1905).

oakqb4.jpg

Harry Reid gets elected, there are plenty of Locos in Nevada. ^_^

87Redskins.png

I think the UFL is actually off to a good start. They've started off in the right direction... Establish the league's stability and long-term goals first, THEN start to allow more unique identities.

Thanks Slickster

Short for Locomotives and a reference to Vegas' history (it was founded as a railroad town in 1905).

Just seemed odd.

How dis this league go last season? Did they get good crowds?

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

I think the UFL is actually off to a good start. They've started off in the right direction... Establish the league's stability and long-term goals first, THEN start to allow more unique identities.

The UFL did a good job for the Omaha team scheduling around Husker games. They only have one game scheduled on the same day as a NU game, and it's an away game at Hartford on the day of Nebraska/Texas.

CNBtE.png

Thanks Slickster

Just seemed odd.

How dis this league go last season? Did they get good crowds?

They bled money and drew poorly in their first season, but any American pro sport startup is going to lose a lot of money in its first few years. The trick is to begin turning around the attendance problem in season 2, and they seem to be addressing that with relocations to Sacramento and Hartford, where minor-league football may have a chance to gain a foothold. Omaha, for its part, seems quite enthused about its expansion team.

Speaking of which, what happened to the 6th team for this year that was supposed to go to San Antonio? Is that still a possibility? I couldn't help but notice that teams' schedules have two bye weeks, one in each half of the season, just sort of sitting there for a sixth team to be plugged in.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Speaking of which, what happened to the 6th team for this year that was supposed to go to San Antonio? Is that still a possibility? I couldn't help but notice that teams' schedules have two bye weeks, one in each half of the season, just sort of sitting there for a sixth team to be plugged in.

As I understand it, the league got a lot of unexpected resistance from San Antonio, so it has put off the sixth franchise until next season.

As I understand it, the league got a lot of unexpected resistance from San Antonio, so it has put off the sixth franchise until next season.

They received a lot of resistance from the Chamber of Commerce and other city leaders. Primarily,there were issues recarding an ownership group and upfront municipal investment which might have been needed. In addition, leaders thought that a UFL team would take season ticket sales and sponsors away from UTSA, who is starting up their program in 2011.

Archived