Portland Timbers to have a new logo for MLS Debut

rvrdgsfn

Found this reported leak on BigSoccer Blog.

Portland-Timbers-logo-updat.png

If thats it I like it. A good upgrade. Might have to order myself a patch.

That logo was "leaked" last year, as noted here and on MLS Rumors; though I doubt its anything close to the real deal.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder if they've upgraded the ax to a chainsaw.

Y'know...I thought the same thing...I don't think they would...but it could be interpreted that way...

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

I'm thinking the axe will be much more prominent, perhaps bursting out of the outer circle rather than being restrained within the inner one.

I'm gonna go out on a limb, no pun intended, and say that the trees will be the next update clue, using the ever popular triple-triangle style pine trees (Wild, for example) instead of the lines that represent them now.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Anything Portland can do, Vancouver can do better...

On MLS Rumors

The Whitecaps are unveiling their new MLS logo on Tuesday June 8th. Then on Thursday June 10th, they?re releasing their new kit, and title shirt sponsor. The club is VERY tight lipped about the sponsor, but it appears to be a MAJOR Canadian based company. The colours will be traditional Whitecap colours, Blue, Light Blue, and possibly a 3rd as well.

Tuesday will also be a landmark day in the history of the Whitecaps, as the club will make two important announcements regarding their inaugural season in Major League Soccer (MLS). The first is the unveiling of the new brand that will lead the 36-year-old club into a new chapter as an MLS outfit, with the new logo being presented to the local media at the Vancouver Convention Centre at 8:30 a.m. PT. Tuesday?s brand launch and media conference will be broadcast live online at vancouvermls2011.com/announcement. The Whitecaps will also announce important information on the availability and pricing of MLS season tickets for the 2011 season.

baltimoreravens.png

On MLS Rumors

The Whitecaps are unveiling their new MLS logo on Tuesday June 8th. Then on Thursday June 10th, they?re releasing their new kit, and title shirt sponsor. The club is VERY tight lipped about the sponsor, but it appears to be a MAJOR Canadian based company. The colours will be traditional Whitecap colours, Blue, Light Blue, and possibly a 3rd as well.

Tuesday will also be a landmark day in the history of the Whitecaps, as the club will make two important announcements regarding their inaugural season in Major League Soccer (MLS). The first is the unveiling of the new brand that will lead the 36-year-old club into a new chapter as an MLS outfit, with the new logo being presented to the local media at the Vancouver Convention Centre at 8:30 a.m. PT. Tuesday?s brand launch and media conference will be broadcast live online at vancouvermls2011.com/announcement. The Whitecaps will also announce important information on the availability and pricing of MLS season tickets for the 2011 season.

Beat you by three minutes :P

On MLS Rumors

Thought I didn't see it, my mistake good sir. B)

baltimoreravens.png

On MLS Rumors

Great minds think alike!

On MLS Rumors

Great minds think alike!

Indeed

baltimoreravens.png

Exactness?? hmm interesting

Maybe a hand holding the axe similar to this?

port-adelaide-power-logo111.jpg

sorry can't post link

it's the Port Adelaide Power Hand logo,

Or the Lightning logo not sure which club

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

So I was watching Sports Sunday, a local sports show on KGW in Portland last Sunday night, and they had a very brief segment on the new Timbers logo.

Essentially, Merrit Paulson said the crest will remain circular and all the core elements will be retained. Yup, earth-shattering info there! So, I would rest easy knowing the axe will still be there.

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Archived