Vancouver Whitecaps to unveil new brand on June 8th

BrySmalls

I'm a little disappointed in the logo. It's the reflection part of the logo that's got me feeling meh about it. I'm wondering whether or not there are restrictions by MLS on how a logo should look. A lot of MLS logos have the traditional feel to it, which is fine, but I'm wondering if that restriction made the Whitecaps try something similar, yet different and came up with what they came up with.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm. I just don't get it. It's not ugly, forced, over-designed, or anything like that. It's just extremely sterile and bland to me. Almost seems too...corporate. I was amazed at the difference the tiny white-cap made on the center mountain but still...not a "bad" logo, but to me it's not the right logo. Not a fan.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

?We actually matched (the logo) with some of the more famous clubs around the world ? Chelsea, Barcelona,? Lenarduzzi said. ?If you look at ours, it has the classic look to it that I think will definitely stand the test of time.?
4592950395_ecb4e14b14_o.png4593568880_52fa798bdd_o.png

I think it's pretty good. "Boring" or what is confused as such is underrated.

I recall the Fire logo got dismissed originally for much the same reasons. Peter Wilt even cited the "can be drawn by a kid" theory as a determining factor.

It's not the worst logo ever but it's not exactly inspiring. It's kind of boring and sterile. It looks better suited to grace one of many new glass tower developments going up around town. I get the whole "simple" and "could be drawn by a kid" idea, but a kid could literally have drawn this, which is not good in my book.

The other side of the "a kid could draw this" thing is whether or not a kid would WANT to draw this logo. I just don't see it.

It's just missing something. A little hook or a flourish. It needs SOMETHING more than just a collection of straight lines of equal length.

Not digging that ugly eurotrash jersey shirt at all. Adidas just ruined another classic uniform with their conformist template.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

That's just a shirt, not a jersey. The kits haven't been unveiled yet.

I'll try to get downtown to the team store in the next day or two and buy something take some pics of the merch.

Well, theres always: http://whitecapsfcshop.ca/

I guess I'll reserve final judgment on this until I see the kit and sponsor, which seems to be a much larger part of the visual identity of a soccer uni than the logo.

After looking at that stuff, I'll wait till the navy blue merch comes out.

Also, they'd better smarten up with the pricing. I can get awesome-looking Sounders gear for $20, $35 for a t-shirt is utterly stupid.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived