Vancouver Whitecaps to unveil new brand on June 8th

BrySmalls

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think those are very sharp. Easily the best kits in MLS right now. Too bad the club is :censored:.

Eloquent to the end.

Not to bust balls, but you're not exactly Shakespeare...

I dig the "ripple" home uniforms. Those blues are much better than the whites, though...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I think those are very sharp. Easily the best kits in MLS right now. Too bad the club is :censored:.

Eloquent to the end.

Not to bust balls, but you're not exactly Shakespeare...

Perhaps not, but I do know how to turn a phrase with the velveteen touch of a dandy fop.

And I agree, the blue clash kits are something other than else. Very nice.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

The club is still a division 2 club. Let's wait and see how they fill in their roster when entering MLS.

They could sign Kaka, Messi and Ribery and Vancouver will always be :censored:.

LOL!

So you just don't like Vancouver? That's fine. Each to their own.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

The club is still a division 2 club. Let's wait and see how they fill in their roster when entering MLS.

LOL!

So you just don't like Vancouver? That's fine. Each to their own.

I have nothing against the city. From everything I hear it's a great place. But I've been supporting soccer in Toronto since the Lynx played at Varsity Stadium. It's my duty to hate the Whitecaps.

1zqy8ok.gif

Awful, just awful. The old logo and uniforms were great.

Can we quit pretending that their current logo is great? It's so not. Like most USL/NASL/USSF-D2 teams, it's terrible.

Agreed.

Even if this wasn't a great logo, they were almost guaranteed an upgrade based on how terrible their current one is.

Thirded. Why do people cling to anything that references the NASL? I really don't get it.

Just to clarify, I meant the "new NASL". Mind you, most logos in the old NASL were a hot mess as well.

Six of one, half a dozen of another, really. Both leagues had mostly terrible designs, and the whole new NASL exercise seems like a nostalgic-fuelled failure waiting to happen.

Vancouver gets voted top 5 most livable cities in the world year after year, as well does it get voted top 3 most beautiful cities in the world year after year...What ever dump you live can't compare, sorry!

Alright, before it gets out of hand... less club trash talk and more uniform/logo talk.

100% agreed... both of you should be suspended or something. Breakwood for being a troll and kw11333 for reacting poorly.

On a real note I really wish they would have kept the stripe, it was unique to them.

9161.png1116.png11286.png2115.png

I think those are very sharp. Easily the best kits in MLS right now. Too bad the club is censored.gif.

They could sign Kaka, Messi and Ribery and Vancouver will always be censored.gif.

Vancouver gets voted top 5 most livable cities in the world year after year, as well does it get voted top 3 most beautiful cities in the world year after year...What ever dump you live can't compare, sorry!

They wern't dissing our (assuming you're a vancouverite also) city they were dissing our club.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

I was hoping the chest stripe would come over, even if the "Whitecaps" across the chest would be replaced with the sponsor name

Same here, but I definitely don't mind what they came up with. This is very nice, it almost seems as if the identities get better and better with every new club entering into the MLS. Both shirts are very classy, especially the blue shirt with the sublimation pattern. The white shirt is great too. They did a very nice job on this set.

The blue shirt is obscenely beautiful with that Whitecap pattern. It's like designers are finally figuring out how to take all the crazy, experimental crap from the '90s and make it look good. Really like the neckine on those jerseys, too, because they don't have any sort of proprietary nonsense cut into them.

A mighty high bar has been set for Portland tomorrow. And I'm excited because they certainly seem up to the challenge.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived