United States Soccer Federation

Conrad.

At work, I've been sketching / working on this idea for a redesign on the crest, and I believe I'm at a finish point:

USSFcrest1.png

Two different approaches here with the same elements rearranged and so forth. The left uses the current USMNT colors, and the right crest uses some different colors I chose. I need feedback on which crest is working best AND which color combination is best (or combo of colors across the 2 crests). Holler if you have any questions about certain elements or suggestions on how to push them to perfection ;) Thanks as always for taking a gander...

I like the one one the left. I feel like the darker red and blue look very good. Have you tried turning that silver outline around the crest gold? I'm not sure if that would improve the look, but it is a thought. Other than that experimental suggestion, I think it looks great.

I like this. It has some nice ideas, but it feels like there are a couple of tweaks that could be made to help it. The banner feels a little slapped on way down at the bottom where it is, but the one without it feels a little too plain. So my advice is to slide the banner up, move the stripes down, and maybe lose the little "E Pluribus Unum" above the soccer ball. The way I see it in my head, this tweak would sort of balance the whole thing. I'd also advise eliminating the little EST. 1913 thing. It makes it feel a little busy. You might want to put 19 in one star and 13 in the other, now that I think about it. Great work though, and as for the colors I personally prefer the darker ones. Can't wait to see what comes next!

scotland_fifasig.png

Very promising, but not there yet. The biggest problem is that neither of them read, "US Soccer Federation" because the elements differ so much in scale and location that they never really connect. Try placing 'Soccer Federation' underneath 'US' and enlarging the stars that flank it. Then, move 'Est. 1913' to the arch above the soccer ball. I'd also go with a stylized Eagle in the center of the ball since you've already got stars.

The Gov. specifies 186 and 288. Pantone® specifies 193 and 281. I've also seen 194 and 282 specified, and even 280, which is very royal, if you ask me. I'd go with one of the first 2 combinations listed as those are the most widely accepted.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

how bout this?

USSFcrest2.png

- combined the 2 wordmarks to one area

- used 281 & 193 colors

- moved the "1913" into the flanking stars

- made the soccer ball star into a star/eagle graphic

logocruncher, I agree about the banner looking better in the middle of the crest, but for the life of me, I couldn't get it to a point where I was happy with it...

Realllllly nice man.

Couple things:

-can you try gold instead of silver? might look a bit better

-love the numbers in the stars

-something about the US font is throwing me off

-I think the leaves on the bottom might look better without a stroke

-can you try don't tread on me instead of e pluribus unum? I think that might appeal to more us soccer fans

-I know you used the basic shape of the eagle for the soccer ball (really love that idea, never seen it done before), but it just reminds me of the German eagle, which I'm sure many americans wouldn't like

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Realllllly nice man.

Couple things:

-can you try gold instead of silver? might look a bit better

-love the numbers in the stars

-something about the US font is throwing me off

-I think the leaves on the bottom might look better without a stroke

-can you try don't tread on me instead of e pluribus unum? I think that might appeal to more us soccer fans

-I know you used the basic shape of the eagle for the soccer ball (really love that idea, never seen it done before), but it just reminds me of the German eagle, which I'm sure many americans wouldn't like

I agree about the font for "US", something just doesn't work for me. I do like the use of the lighter shade of blue. And I agree that "Don't Tread on Me" would be a better fit.

gYH2mW9.png

I like the date in the stars, what about red numbers inside white stars? I'm not feeling the 'soccer federation' text underneath the 'US.' What if soccer federation was in the money-esque font and spanned all the way across the shield? Or what if it said USSF across the top I also think that the 'US' letters need to be refined. the flat tops and bottoms, while they follow the shape of the badge, don't lend themselves to those kinds of letters. I also like the 'don't read on me' idea for the motto in the lower portion, and I agree that gold might be a better choice for visibility and prestige.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Looks pretty good, however

• i don't think stars belong on a soccer crest, because of course they are reserved for championships, however they if they could be incorporated into a soccer ball kinda like the way you have or like the Revs have it, it would look good
  • i think it would look good if you could incorporate a second banner on top reading "dont tread..." and putting est. 1913 on the bottom one
  • the 'US' just isnt working for me, i'd say put USA, USMNT, or USSF
  • also i think the phrase above the soccer ball looks off because of the bottom curve of the stripes, not sure if that can be improved on

but overall you have a pretty good concept.

also i think a snake somewhere would add a little to the design

here she is:

USSFcrest3.png

- edited the 'US' to have all pointed serifs to resemble the federal reserve typeface moreso

- added a gold version

- spanned the 'soccer federation' across the whole crest

- 2 takes on coloring the stars (I personally like the non-white stars because it gives more focus to the teamname in white & it balances the color use of the silver/gold on the bottom of the crest)

- changed "e pluribus..." to "don't tread..."

I'm thinking I might need to go with the "don't tread" font for the "soccer federation" because the federal reserve typeface does not like to be shrunk that small...

Thoughts on all these edits? :)

Man the one on the right is looking sharp, but I really can't decide if I like the snake or the eagle in the ball more. Both look great. Could stand to see the gold a little less yellow and more vegas goldish though. Let's see some kits!

spacer.png

v 3.5:

USSFcrest4.png

- changed gold to vegas gold

- added an option to have a double outer stroke on the whole crest

- 'soccer federation' font in 2 different fonts from the federal reserve typeface in V3

- flipped colors (on the left crest) of the arrows / olive branches detail

So, are we there yet? :P Perhaps a combination of elements from this version with elements from previous versions?

Holler at me with your thoughts please! :)

These are a bit underwhelming to be honest. It's zoran/footballkitsdesign's template (which I'm not a fan of at all really) and it looks like one of his designs (not a fan of either, although I'm not trying to knock him) with the unnecessary curves and all. I just think you're capable of a lot better, but maybe I just prefer a more "solid, clean" design with straight stripes and such. I appreciate that you're trying to be different though.

spacer.png

I don't mind these at all. They're all clean and very nice to look at. However, and here comes the drawback, they seem more appropriate for a Government Agency then for a Soccer club. I can't quite put my finger on why, but it just doesn't scream soccer crest to me. I know there's a soccer ball in there, but it's so minimalized (is that a word?) it's almost an afterthought, even with the detail you've put into it. As for the kits, unlike the crest, they just aren't doing it for me at all. But then again I hate the sash on the USMNT's jersey anyway, so call me a biased objector.

Archived