My Personal Football League

Davidson

I've recently been inspired by some of the great designs I've seen across the board as part of peoples 'Personal Sport League' Projects. In the same spirit, I thought that I'd take some of my favorite designs from the past few years that I've ben part of the board and turn them into a cohesive whole. There are a few team names you might recognise, but all the artwork is mine.

Being a football fan, I have chosen a football league as the vehicle for the designs. And being UK based and of antipodean origin, I have given the league an International flavor. So without messing about, here is the design & layout for the league 'The Global Football League', The GFL. Comprised of two conferences, the 'North American Conference', The NAC and the "Commonwealth Conference', The CWC. These are divided into American, Canadian, European & Antipodean Divisions. I'll start posting the teams shortly.

GFL_Teams.png

Nice, looks like I've got some competition ;)

Nonetheless, the logos look very professional, but they are missing some things that is difficult to point out. I like that you steered away from the simple shield shape, but IMO I feel that it's what's missing in the league logo. I'd either make the 'GFL' text smaller or make the shield shape more prominant in the set. Another thing that's bothering me: the logo seems off balance with the star on only one side. It will be difficult to solve this, as I can see you placed the star there to fill up the negative space created by the L. I guess you could drop the star and just place it on the bottom point of the shield, but I think that you need both sides of the logo to be equal, if anything. I like the conference logos, real simple yet effective.

Looking foward to some teams

Okay, I'm not much in the way of a uniform designer really. I tend to prefer the simpler look, so if they look a bit plain, I'm afraid thats a just my preference.

So here is the Black Gold concept. Top to bottom Home, Away and Third.

GFL_BlackGold_Home.png

GFL_BlackGold_Away.png

GFL_BlackGold_Third.png

And secondly the Birmingham Bulls. I've just noticed more than a passing resemblance to this years Superbowl Team.

GFL_Bulls_Home.png

GFL_Bulls_Away.png

GFL_Bulls_Third.png

The logos and helmets are amazing, but the uniforms for both teams are quite underwhelming. I know you said you prefer simple, classic looks, but both unis looked like you couldn't decide between modern and classic and decided to do both at once - the modern numbers and Flywire are very dissonant with the classic striping and overall aesthetic.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

the logo's are so sick, especially the "black gold", the bull could look a little angrier but that's the only critique i have on the logo's .. the uni's are a bit plain but thats just your preference and style, they look good.

Cant wait to see the rest, and if you happen to locate a team in scottsdale I wouldnt be mad at cha.

Wow, beautiful stuff here. The Black Gold concept is more or less perfect. I'd be okay with a little more active uniforms, but that's a minor quibble. Colors and logos are superb.

The Bulls logo is a very good start, but I really feel like it needs a wordmark in there... positioned over the bottom of the crest, it would also help balance the logo. Again, the colors are very nice, and the uniforms a bit boring. I do love the helmet, though I wonder if the white horn should be on a white helmet. Maybe give the purple outline a thin light blue outline, and place it on a purple helmet?

The Bruins set is also very good. Again, gorgeous colors and okay uniforms. The logo--especially the head--is very well rendered. I do think there's a slight disconnect between the style of the body and that of the head: The body has a much more jagged, almost "electric" feel with those zig-zagging shapes, while the head tends to be much smoother, especially on the outer edge. If you could find a middle ground to bring them together, this would be killer.

Honestly, my biggest complaint here is the presentation. Your realistic templates are beautiful, but they make it a bit more difficult for me to get a complete idea of what's going on with the uniforms. It would be great to pair them with a more traditional 2d template.

But all in all, this is some of the best work I've seen on these boards in a long time. Very much looking forward to the rest of these.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I've recently been inspired by some of the great designs I've seen across the board as part of peoples 'Personal Sport League' Projects. In the same spirit, I thought that I'd take some of my favorite designs from the past few years that I've ben part of the board and turn them into a cohesive whole. There are a few team names you might recognise, but all the artwork is mine.

Being a football fan, I have chosen a football league as the vehicle for the designs. And being UK based and of antipodean origin, I have given the league an International flavor. So without messing about, here is the design & layout for the league 'The Global Football League', The GFL. Comprised of two conferences, the 'North American Conference', The NAC and the "Commonwealth Conference', The CWC. These are divided into American, Canadian, European & Antipodean Divisions. I'll start posting the teams shortly.

GFL_Teams.png

Are you taking bids for air charters? :D

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I have not been able to get on here in a while at home but glad to see someone else doing a personal league. Your logos are great! The bulls helmet is similar to what I wanted to do with my Toronto Bulls team. I like simple uniforms as well not big on the college type piping but yours could use a litte more. Looking forward to the rest!

personally, i like the 3D renders. sort of sick of seeing all the 2Ds b/c they simple look awful. with your renders you incorporate lighting, which is VERY welcome and give a good idea of what the jersey would actually look like on a player. very good work so far and i cant wait to see the rest

personally, i like the 3D renders. sort of sick of seeing all the 2Ds b/c they simple look awful. with your renders you incorporate lighting, which is VERY welcome and give a good idea of what the jersey would actually look like on a player. very good work so far and i cant wait to see the rest

I could not agree more. To me 2Ds are boring but that is me.

GFL_Teams.png

WOOT! Home town check gotta love that!

But sadly Tigers is a name that Our (Edinburgh) cross country rivals Glasgow have pretty much sewn up the rights too. Their Speedway team, American Football team, and I'm sure there are a few others teams are all called the Tigers, in Scottish sport if you hear the name Tigers the connection with Glasgow is pretty much inferred. Shame really cos the logos etc here have all been pretty sweet.

Look forward to seeing all the identities in this league as things unfold though.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

• 1 month later...

Okay, so I have had a crack at a few more of these. I'm sure they wont be for everyone, but here they are:

First up the West Sydney Pirates. A definite Raiders theme here, but hopefully I've taken it a step further with the classic striping.

GFL_Pirates_Home.png

GFL_Pirates_Away.png

GFL_Pirates_Third.png

Archived