2010 NBA Offseason

Titanium Eagle

So we're at the point where we're arguing which fanbase will celebrate more if / when their team wins it. Seriously - if you identify yourself by how much you love your team and how much more you're going to celebrate when they win it, you have gaping holes in your life that need to be filled. I sometimes think that a "logo" board would be better served not also having a sports board, since it just gets cluttered with partisans who can't discuss the designs of the logos without always working in their attachments to some team.

Nobody is saying their team defines them as individuals, but that doesn?t mean you can?t pick something to be passionate about, whether it?s a sports team or politics; it?s your life and your choice! Besides it?s only human nature to get excited when the thing you support achieves some type of success. And last time I checked this thread is titled ?2010 NBA Offseason? and it happens to reside on a logo board, so how bad is it really that somebody's fandom and the love of logos comes up? I'm mean seriously! thicon_rolleyes.gif

So we're at the point where we're arguing which fanbase will celebrate more if / when their team wins it. Seriously - if you identify yourself by how much you love your team and how much more you're going to celebrate when they win it, you have gaping holes in your life that need to be filled. I sometimes think that a "logo" board would be better served not also having a sports board, since it just gets cluttered with partisans who can't discuss the designs of the logos without always working in their attachments to some team.

Agreed. Especially when this banter is cluttering up the "Sports LOGOS" thread about the offseason.

Again, this thread is titled "2010 NBA Offseason". thicon_lol.gif

True, but it is the Sports Logos Forum. Check the section of the boards it is under. There is another offseason thread in the Sports In General Forum, for non-logo-related talk. Sports Logos is for Logo-related discussion. This is just one of my favorite annual summer threads, and I hate to see that it has more posts, only to find that they are about whether Charles Barkley knows how to read. :P

Well I wasn?t the one who started the thread; I?m just going by the title as to what it was given! :P I see your frustration now. :D

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WTF is the "15" memorial patch doing on the Knicks' jersey? Earl Monroe is still alive! Or does the Deseret News know something that we don't?

Yes, Mr. Monroe is still among us, but he's one of TWO Knicks for whom #15 is retired. The other, Dick McGuire, died in February of this year.

I thought Dick McGwire wore #25....

mark_mcgwire--300x300.jpg

lmao.

You know whats funny, Ive seen Lebron in all these colors of uniforms with the Cavs

White

Wine

Navy Blue

Regular blue

Burgundy

Light blue

Orange

Gold

(and others possibly?)

and now he is going to be wearing a black jersey. Just funny because of how we complain about too many teams wearing black or whatever.

I know someone earlier photoshopped Lebron in the black heat jersey, and it looked pretty sweet.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Boozer in a Bulls uniform (from nba.com/bulls)

boozer1_hp_100708.jpg

Drew Gooden's Bucks uniform (and John Salmons for good measure?)(from nba.com/bucks)

freeagent_100708_810.jpg

Chris Duhon in Orlando (via orlandosentinel.com)

54830317.jpg

tumblr_liile3w9oT1qdgbiwo1_400.png

Yeah. I really don't know. They have pieces, but everything was predicated on LeBron - which was a fault of the coaching. I think with Byron Scott and his run and gun style... Cavs can still be competitive on most nights, just not against the upper echelon of teams like the Boston, Orland, LAA, Dallas, SA, Miami, and even Milwaukee (even though I am completely skeptical on the Drew Gooden and John Salmons mega duo) now.

I think with JJ Hickson (who is over rated), Danny Green, Jamario Moon, Anderson Varejao, Delonte West... they have a team that can run and gun and be a defensive oriented team. If they can somehow swing a cheap deal for Darren Collison (Which New Orleans wants to deal as long as someone takes a bigger contract)... the Cavs could have a young team to build off of.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Should this topic now be dedicated to wondering how many games the Cavs will win in 2010?

No, it shouldn't. That should go in the other thread in the Sports In General forum.

Unless we're speculating how many/few wins will look like in their yet-to-be-unveiled new uniforms.

Also, I really hope the Heat change jerseys after this upcoming year. I hate their number font, it just really bugs me.

Also, I really hope the Heat change jerseys after this upcoming year. I hate their number font, it just really bugs me.

I agree with you on the number font. I actually liked their use of the Lakers font on their first jerseys, but that wouldn't work with these either. Other than the numbers though, I think their current set is among the top in the league, along with their court design.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived