Yankees Concept

goforbroke

MY 750th POST!

I had a few goals for this concept. One was to unify the NY logo so that there is only 1 for the uniform set. I also wanted to give the road uniform a little more "pop". I wanted a more identifiable wordmark, similar to the Knicks wordmark, so I changed the font to Rockwell. I gave the road uniform an Angels-style collar piping and also piping on the pants.

I also used that font on the new logo patch, which would replace the hat-and-bat logo. While that is a good logo, it doesn't really match anything else of the Yankees.

Finally, I wanted to make an alt jersey that wouldn't look like a BP jersey, and would be usable as a home and away alt.

Ultimatly, my goal was to keep it simple, traditional, not upset the purist.... but also give the Yankees just a little facelift. Thoughts?

yankees_logo.jpg

yankees_wordmark.jpg

yankees_wordmark2.jpg

yankees_homeuni.jpg

yankees_roaduni.jpg

yankees_altuni.jpg

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Really good work here. If they ever used these, it would be a great change. I love the currents, but these have something new to them so thumbs up on that. Only thing i'd change is the style of the interlock letters, try the logo on the cap instead.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

Its great, but they only thing is the Yankee purists, they wont be happy to see this, trust me. My friend from New York told me that theres no way in hell the fans would accept an alternate uniform for the Yanks, in fact he said that it would be gone within a season due to fan disapproval. I have some great designs too, but we need to keep in mind the fan base of the team we desigining. IF you have a hankering for modifying a NY baseball team, go for the Mets - they have already had so many uniforms that fans there are more accepting of change. I dont want to stifle creativity, but we need to be realistic folks.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Its great, but they only thing is the Yankee purists, they wont be happy to see this, trust me. My friend from New York told me that theres no way in hell the fans would accept an alternate uniform for the Yanks, in fact he said that it would be gone within a season due to fan disapproval. I have some great designs too, but we need to keep in mind the fan base of the team we desigining. IF you have a hankering for modifying a NY baseball team, go for the Mets - they have already had so many uniforms that fans there are more accepting of change. I dont want to stifle creativity, but we need to be realistic folks.

I promise you I am as die-hard of a Yankee fan as your "friend from New York" and he doesn't speak for all of us. While yes the Yankees uniforms are traditional and an important part of their history, I don't think there would be an uproar to some minor cosmetic improvements, especially not with the road uniforms.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

This is the concept forum. No team is off limits.

And as far as staying true to the "untouchables," goforbroke has actually managed to come up with something that seems very viable for the Yankees.

The only change I would suggest would be to lose the logo from the sleeve on the home. It just seems redundant to have two NY logos on the same jersey.

I promise you I am as die-hard of a Yankee fan as your "friend from New York" and he doesn't speak for all of us. While yes the Yankees uniforms are traditional and an important part of their history, I don't think there would be an uproar to some minor cosmetic improvements, especially not with the road uniforms.

I completely agree with you regarding minor tweaks, especially for the road uniform. But an alternate uniform is out of the question.

I completely agree with you regarding minor tweaks, especially for the road uniform. But an alternate uniform is out of the question.

The only way I forsee an alteraate uniform becoming a reality for the New York Yankees, is a streak of futility. Think of the other NY team - the Mets. Their hodgepodge of uiforms that occured in the late 90s - Ice Man White cap, black home alt, black road alt, cream uni, stripless uni -- all these came as a result of losing. I hate to say it, but sometimes losing actually forces teams (who otherwise wouldnt even think of it) to change their ways a little.

A more customized font would make a huge difference and make both the logo and jerseys much better. You did do a good job though to keep it traditional but also change it up and I would love to see the Yankees in a dark blue alternate. A grey bill and logo would be cool on the away hat.

And if you were really looking to change it up, you could go with sleeveless jerseys. Keep the pinstripes but make it sleeveless with dark blue underneath and the logo on the sleeve. Make the away sleeveless too

The only way I forsee an alteraate uniform becoming a reality for the New York Yankees, is a streak of futility. Think of the other NY team - the Mets. Their hodgepodge of uiforms that occured in the late 90s - Ice Man White cap, black home alt, black road alt, cream uni, stripless uni -- all these came as a result of losing. I hate to say it, but sometimes losing actually forces teams (who otherwise wouldnt even think of it) to change their ways a little.

Yankees didn't win anything from 63-76 and '79-'95..they could made some changes then.. and didn't

Archived