New Texas A&M Basketball Court

cajunaggie08

Evansville has a parquet floor for at least one more year as a new arena is being built by the city and the Purple Aces will move into it for the 2011-2012 season. Here is a shot of the floor before it was refinished a couple years ago. Now the baselines have Evansville and Purple Aces in the same font as the logo, the Valley logos for the MVC are in the paint, the logo at center court is much bigger, the semi circle at the foul line is in orange and the floor has been named for legendary coach Arad McCutchan so his signature is now on the floor as well.

Roberts_Stadium.jpg

Other D-I schools going with the parquet floors of the top of my head include Iowa, Washington State, and Wake Forest from the BCS leagues. I know at one time Illinois-Chicago and Western Illinois did as well but I'm not sure about those two schools anymore.

definitely an upgrade... but when I think of a parquet floor I think of the Boston Celtics, not Texas A&M

any other teams use parquet floors that I'm not aware of?

Iowa. Seton Hall, when they played at the IZOD Center.

Orlando Magic and Minnesota Wolves (KG era)

I think I may be the minority, but I actually like the "T-Star" logo...

But, they're Texas A&M.

Which starts with a T.

Michigan doesn't use an UM logo, Vanderbilt just uses a "V".

The obvious difference is, why would they use just a singular "T", in a state where there's a far more famous university that's known simply as what that letter stands for?

I think I may be the minority, but I actually like the "T-Star" logo...

But, they're Texas A&M.

Which starts with a T.

Michigan doesn't use an UM logo, Vanderbilt just uses a "V".

The obvious difference is, why would they use just a singular "T", in a state where there's a far more famous university that's known simply as what that letter stands for?

Because A&M fans don't think like that. The mindset is that the only "University of Texas" is in College Station and not Austin. It's ingrained in the fight song ("Goodbye to texas university") and how they never capitalize UT (instead referring to them as t.u.). To Aggie fans, only one school embodies Texas and that's Texas A&M.

Call it little brother syndrome, call it ridiculous, call it whatever, but for A&M that's how it goes.

definitely an upgrade... but when I think of a parquet floor I think of the Boston Celtics, not Texas A&M

any other teams use parquet floors that I'm not aware of?

Iowa. Seton Hall, when they played at the IZOD Center.

I think the Orlando Magic do too...but Boston is probably the most traditional use....

Archived