World Baseball League

droozer

I've been wanting to create a sim league for a while, so this may or may not get anywhere. If it doesn't I'd like to turn it into a series where you design the packages. Like FIFA, the World Baseball League has confederations that make it up:

The North American Confederation of Baseball (NABC)

The Union of European Baseball Associations (UEBA) (sounds familiar, right?)

The East Asian Baseball Alliance (EABA) and

The Central American (and Carribean) League of Baseball Clubs (CALBC).

The sketch I started out with was pretty simple

wbl2.png

and I tried my best to render it on Inkscape

wbl1.png

I know it could use some clean up, but it's a work in progress. C+C grreatly appreciated.

sig.png

You and your sim leagues.

I'll be honest, this is pretty bad. Where to start. The wording is pretty basic, and not arched good. There are too many colours in the logo, simplify it. The outline needs to be thickened, or something, also get rid of the line breaking up the top and bottom. Use the circle tool, instead of free handing while tracing a logo you sketched. Speaking of which, same with the stitches and globe. No one is going to call you out if you use clip art for simple things like the map of the world, its not unique, they're all the same. The colours also clash really bad.

Hopefully that helps. I see what you're going for, but I'd rethink it. Maybe just lose the shapes altogether, and make something more flow-y.

I see what you're saying. Incskape and I really never clicked haha. Obviously o haven't mastered- or even begun to master the program yet. I sorta get what you mean by flowy but could you give me a visual? For flowy I think of you Rio oympics logo, but that doesn't seem very league-y so I'm a little confused.

sig.png

You and your sim leagues.

At least he is committed lol.

I think the logo is a good idea, but you definitely need to work on it, you just need to simplify it, and thicken the lines. For the World maybe make it white, and the map a light gray so it looks sublimated on the ball, and I would say use a more unique font, and arch it better.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Ok, I tried to make it more "flowy" and revamped it. I used much better looking stiches, but I decided to keep the globe, because it was easier to manipulate.

This was my first attempt, but I soon realized it looked horrible, so I did it again.

wlb2.png

I'm not sure I'm feeling the stars, but I think they work for the four confederations. I changed the color scheme to navy and gold and rotated the globe a little.

wlb3-1.png

Again, C+C greatly appreciated (Anyone besides raysox and bigmike?)

Sorry about the big pics.

sig.png

well the globe looks kind of messed up, the "logo" is way to long, I think you should have four lines instead of 3 for the conferences (have 2 on each side curving around the logo), the stars are kind of pointless maybe if you made them smaller and subtle, a different font would help, i think the blue and gold looks better than the normal one - just suggestions and advice because right now it needs some help

yanks.pngtwins-1.png

yankees.pngcubs-1.png

This isn't looking too much like a logo to me, and more like an illustration. You need to simplify things a ton here, but I like the idea of the circle doubling as both a globe and a baseball, so that's a plus. Try and make the stitching and continents the same color on the globe, maybe go with a dark dark navy and a lighter faded green? Drop the outlines on the continents and globe altogether, along with the swooshes and text. Try and make the text warp around the globe, which is the main focus of the concept.

What I would recommend is to take a look around at proffessional league logos, note on the use of text and lack of detail, which could be good sometimes.

Really change the globe. It looks really distorted and messed up. I liked the suggestion of making the globe a white and gray color, so it looks like it is on the ball. You can still keep the Blue and gold color scheme by circling the ball with the text as C Jay Z mentioned.

This could really look good if you change some things up.

RockiesSig.png

Alright, I tried wrapping the text around the globe, but I couldn't get it to work for my liking and I changed the globe again.

WLB5.png

Sorry again about the gigantic image.

This one is much simpler. I used the white and gray ball and included a detachable wordmark. I think I like this one the most so far, although I might want to use a darker gray.

WLB4.png

C+C

sig.png

Yup the globe needs to be fixed and its only showing about 60 percent of the world you have a lot more countries involved in this im guessing

Well, you wouldnt see the whole world from that angle because there are countries on the other side of the globe too, but droozer should at least make the continents the correct and accurate shape.

RockiesSig.png

Archived