NFL 2015

theweatherman

Future Scenario....

In 2011, the NFL suffered a huge financial loss due to its player lockout, and many teams were at the brink of bankruptcy. However, after a controversial bill passed through the US Senate, the league got back on its feet. However, the teams still needed funds. So, for the 2013 season, the NFL permitted the use of sponsor logos on uniforms. Now, all teams have some sort of corporate influence on their jersey...

---------------------------------------------------------------

1. Indianapolis Colts (Kit Sponsor: Ford Motors)

• 2011: Lockout
  • 2012: 8-8, missed playoffs
  • 2013: 10-6, eliminated in divisional round
  • 2014: 12-4, eliminated in Super Bowl

After the Colts lost Peyton Manning to a 2012 severe concussion in the preseason and later retirement, their poor season netted them the 15th pick in the draft. Suprisingly, they took relatively unknown running back Oushe D'Anchale, a recent immigrant to the US from Somalia. In his rookie season, D'Anchale racked up 1,983 rushing yards and 18 touchdowns, making the pro bowl squad. The Colts lost in the playoffs due to a weakened secondary, but are in for many good seasons with D'Anchale on their team. His efforts along with a better defense took the Colts to the Super Bowl the next year, but they lost in a close shootout.

2015Colts.png?t=1280083244

Interesting concept. I'm looking forward to seeing how the rest of the league pans out. I really do hate the look of the football uniforms with sponsor logos on them...but it's a sadly realistic scenario that could happen.

gYH2mW9.png

I doubt the Colts would have Ford as a sponsor when William Ford owns the Lions.

Well, you'll see what happenes to the Lions...he doesn't own the team in my althist...

Please rewrite your backstory.

1-NFL teams will still get paid per their current contracts if there is a lockout. While the NFLPA is appealing that now, the provision which the owners still get paid has been a part of the last few contracts.

2-Government money for the NFL? To quote Ochocinco, "Child please."

3-The Fords have money to still sustain a team, but only 4% of the shares of Ford stock. Plus, the family has a 40% voting block.

I would like to see how you take other owners "out'.

As for the concept, it is basic and does not move me.

As for the sponsor, take a look at local companies like Eli Lilly.

EDIT: Why not just allow those who have ads on their practice jerseys continue? They are already paying the teams and some, like AT&T, we know have money and the more local ones such as TEN's Baptist Hospitals are sure to stay solvent since its it healthcare.

i like the idea but this concept is a bit poor. the shoulder stripes look messy, and this is so inconsistent it's ridiculous. seriously no stripes on the helmet, 1 on the jersey, 2 on the pants, 3 on the socks?

also, it's interesting that you went with under armour

07Giants.pngnyy.png

i like the idea but this concept is a bit poor. the shoulder stripes look messy, and this is so inconsistent it's ridiculous. seriously no stripes on the helmet, 1 on the jersey, 2 on the pants, 3 on the socks?

also, it's interesting that you went with under armour

I think this is a really interesting idea, but I agree that you can clean up the presentation some and add some more consistency. Keep it up though...this has me really interested!

I've said for years that if a manufacturer logo (basically an advertisement, since RBK doesn't even make the jerseys) must go on the jersey, above the nameplate is the least offensive spot for it. I totally understand why the apparel companies insist on the sleeves (it gets in the picture from both sides when the player is running, it's right next to the team logo in many cases which builds an association, it's two rather than one, etc.) I hate that it takes so much away from the designs of teams like the Seahawks and Falcons, and in cases like the Giants, it looks like the vector is their logo. So, nice job fixing at least that one little annoyance.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Thanks for all the replies guys...I'm currently working on the Seahawks...

Given what you did for Indy and the foreshadowing of waiting...you should probably just work on the Lions now. :P

Thanks for all the replies guys...I'm currently working on the Seahawks...

Given what you did for Indy and the foreshadowing of waiting...you should probably just work on the Lions now. tongue.gif

At least use this for the corporations which may have local ties.

The Fannie Mae Redskins? haha

2. Miami Dolphins (Kit Sponsor: SeaWorld Parks)

• 2011:Lockout
  • 2012:3-13, missed playoffs
  • 2013: 2-14, missed playoffs
  • 2014: 6-10, missed playoffs

Miami has struggled recently, and tried to revitalize their image by completely removing the teal from their logo and uniforms. With the aquisition of Matthew Stafford in 2014, the Dolphins began to improve. Now, the only way is up.

Dolphins2015.png?t=1280115356

Why did you have the Dolphins suck in 2012-2014? I thought they were already on the up and up.

Anyway, I like that you've decided to incorporate sponsorship into the designs, because that is imminent in professional sports. However, the sponsor logos are taking over the design. You should make the sponsor logos much smaller and place them in locations that don't mess with the current football uniform format.

INDIANAPOLIS: I agree with previous posters, the Colts uni looks inconsistent. I would go with two stripes throughout the uni, instead of 0 on the helmet, 1 on the jersey, 2 on the pants, and 3 on the socks. Also, remove that IN from the helmet. If you do those two things, I think you're concept will be much better.

MIAMI: I'm not liking the color scheme. I actually prefer the teal to the colors you chose, so I think this is a downgrade. But that's just my opinion. Also, the color you have for the road uniforms reminds me of the Bucs, who are also located in Florida. You should create a unique identity that is completely different from Tampa Bay.

This may be what you intended, but the color on the back of the collar doesn't match the collar on the front of the uniform.

Looking forward to the rest of your designs, nonetheless.

Punch9

Archived