What number would you wear?

KJHillis

Well, if I seriously played a professional sport, i would choose #2. It's always been my favorite number, dunno why.

For everything else, I choose #77. For like intramural sports, or video game players, or random stuff like that. It's just such a badass, awesome number.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive been playing hockey for years and have always worn #96

Growing up I was a HUGE Pavel Bure fan and when he switched to #96 I made the change as well.

prior to switching to 96 I always wore #20

Only hockey for me here. But the same rules would apply to any sport.

In order, if taken then down the list.

#10 - Marian Gaborik & Pavel Bure. It was also my first ever number assigned to me when I started playing hockey and I always came back to it.

#24 - My gf's birthdate

#67 - I always just thought it was a sweet #

#4 - Because my dad's hockey # was always 3 so I figured it would be nice to have #4 in succession.

spacer.png

I only ever played two sports with #s. In soccer I always was (or wanted to be) #9 because that was the number given to goal scorers, and I thought of myself as a goal scorer. In basketball it was either #1 or #55. I always like #1, because my favorite player was Rod Strickland. But as the only white kid on my middle school team, I fell in love with Jason "White Chocolate" Williams and adopted his #55. I wore #55 all the way through high school.

In little league football, I was the biggest guy on the team. My team was the Bears, and I was given #72 and called 'Fridge'.

In little league basketball, we got to pick numbers. I initially wanted #1, but the shirt was too small, so I took #5. As a result, I've been obsessed with the number five ever since.

In middle school football, I wore #76 and then traded another kid for #79 because the jersey was bigger. (#55 and #65 were taken, and the team didn't have a #75 for some reason)

In middle and high school basketball, I wore #55 because it had the fives (and I kinda had to, since I was the biggest guy on the team and that was the biggest jersey).

In high school football, they usually assigned numbers. They initially assigned me #61, and I told them I had no desire to wear that number. They asked me what I would rather have, and I saw #75 sitting there for the taking. I grabbed it and never looked back. 75 has been my number for many things since then (email addresses, bank PINs, computer passwords, softball leagues, basketball leagues, custom jerseys, etc.).

Sigs are for sissies.

Number 2 and 25.

I'm not sure why I came to liking these numbers. From a design standpoint, it's real easy for me to create an interesting look when creating a custom number font for these numerals.

In baseball I'm a fan of El Niño, Hanley Ramirez. Ryan Theriot is a somewhat reliable SS (now 2B with the appearance of Castro), and he sports the number 2. D-Lee sports 25, he's a favorite in Chicago. Reggie Bush wears 25, and I've kept tabs on him throughout the NFL draft.

All in all, it's hard to come up with an answer as to why we have personal favorite numbers.

For football, I'd wear #21 (Deion Sanders was my favorite football player at the time, for my all-time favorite team)

For basketball I'd wear #9

And if i played baseball or soccer or even hockey, I'd wear #9 as well.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Almost every number I ever wore in football was assigned to me.

53-wore in 8th grade, coach gave it to me cus my surname (and probably our colors) reminded him of Fred Carr

67-wore in freshman and sophomore years, once again coach tossed me a jersey.

95-wore it on varsity, and also for at least three JV games-the last two of the 99 season and the 2000 opener. Interestingly, for some reason I was the only guy in the city wearing a 90s number for the first two weeks of the 2000 season, after that one of my teammates switched back to 96 from 86 when coach needed to move him from TE to guard, IIRC (even though 90s are eligible in high school ball, IIRC)

64-wore for two or three JV games...and I remember that jersey was VERY small by lineman standards. A friend and ex teammate wore it freshman and sophomore years.

forgotten lineman number-wore for at least one game IIRC...I can't remember what number it was, just that it wasn't 95, 67 or 53. All I seem to remember is I wore it against one of our rivals. I wanna say before the next week's game I dug around for 95, though I can't remember all that clearly.

If I had to pick from just those, it'd be 95 all the way unless I was on the Packers. It'd be a crime if I chose anything other than 53 in that case. Other than that, I'd wear 95 or 00 for anything.

24-if I didn't suck at fielding, I'd wear this in baseball (and if I ever join a softball team, I'll try to get it). homage to Griffey.

7-if I played basketball, I'd wear 7 in honor of Ramon Sessions. Some Bucks fans have been more than happy to throw him under the bus since he left, and there might be some truth in the idea that I love the guy because he wasn't Mo Williams, but dude made most of the 08-09 season far more bearable to watch than Mo ever would've.

83-birth year, so if there were no issues with being eligible, I'd consider asking for that.

00. just 00.

262-the first triple digit I'd consider if I could get it

000-the second triple digit I'd try to get.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I can relate this to my custom players on video games, lol, and the numbers I give them.

To me birthday months and days are too common and what alot of people use. I've never been like, great...9, only person born in September?! Idk.

But my favorite player in all of sports in LT, so in football I'd like to wear 56. I feel it would be honoring him, rather than trying to steal his thunder like Lebron did with 23.

As for hockey, baseball, and basketball it would probably be 4 or 44 since 4 is my favorite number. If taken 56 is fine with me.

2ly2w09.jpg

for all sports-7 and 17, 7 has always been a number members of my family wears in sports and i just like those two numbers

football-17, 7, or 9. had to be 26 a year ago cause therer were only even numbers, 9 now cause it looks cool and a high school legend wore it at my high school

soccer 10 or 7, the two numbers i always wore

basketball-7,9, or 23, wore 9 in my buzzer beater win to get in the championship game which we then lost, wore 23 and 7 before that season

hockey-77, the largest amount of sevens you can get on a jersey

lacrosse-7,17,9, same with football

maehl.png

for all sports-7 and 17, 7 has always been a number members of my family wears in sports and i just like those two numbers

football-17, 7, or 9. had to be 26 a year ago cause therer were only even numbers, 9 now cause it looks cool and a high school legend wore it at my high school

soccer 10 or 7, the two numbers i always wore

basketball-7,9, or 23, wore 9 in my buzzer beater win to get in the championship game which we then lost, wore 23 and 7 before that season

hockey-77, the largest amount of sevens you can get on a jersey

lacrosse-7,17,9, same with football

maehl.png

Football I wore #80, the year I was born & Steve Largent wore it

Basketball #32, a lot of good players wore that number, figured I couldn't go wrong

Baseball #7, my Grandfather's stock car number (because he had seven kids)

I would want to wear 5.

When I was an athlete, I wore 21 in jv HS football, 15 in varsity HS football, 5 in jv college ball, and 7 in varsity college ball.

I always wore 5 in intramurals/rec leagues.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I did wear #13 when I played basketball.

I also played baseball and wanted #13, but our star SS who was on the team a year before me already had it and kept it. I got #1 my first year and #12 opened up and I took that for my second year.

I like the #13 because usually, no one else likes it.

Definitely #13 for me. I get mad when hotels skip from the 12th to the 14th floor to please the fairies out there.

87Redskins.png

Archived