What number would you wear?

KJHillis

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to ONLY wear 67 for my softball teams.

My birthday is June 7, and I thought it was an obscure enough number.

This year, that's all changed. I'm on 3 different teams (2 softball, 1 football) and my number is different on each one.

But here's my list:

2, 7, 12 - All numbers I wore playing Little League baseball

13 - Dan Marino

18 - Considered a lucky number in Judaism

29 - Joe Carter. 1993. Enough said.

67 - My birthday

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

I love football, so if I were a football player, depending on the position I would be play it would be like this:

QB - 12 , my birthday

RB - 32, as a homage for the greats Jim Brown, Marcus Allen , Ricky Watters

or

34 , as a homage for the greats Walter Payton, Earl Campbell, Ricky Williams

WR/ TE - 80, since this a number wore by many great receivers, Jerry Rice, James Lofton, Rod Smith, Cris Carter...

LB - 53 , for my dad

DB - 46, for my mom

Denver-Broncos---Team-Name---3D.png

9 - Been my favorite number since childhood, not really sure why I liked it but just fell in love with the number, no homo lol

45 - 4+5=9, also my number for my Backbreaker player on the All Star Team

34 - Summer basketball number

16 - Birthday

2 - Number associated with elementary school lunch line

3 - Same ^

22 - Mother

85. I've used that number for everything I guess. I was born in 85, wore it in hs football, and yeah...it just fits. And hell, my member id.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Originally, the first sport I played that had numbers on the jerseys was basketball, and I wanted 21 because it was my birthdate (4/21). It was already taken so I took 20. I have also worn 00, 3, 7, 13, 17, 19, 25, 28, 29, 34, and 42. The reason I wear 1 is because my freshman year of baseball I was the last to pick my jersey, so of course the only one left was #1. Since then I've taken a liking to it, it's simple, the first number, and the lightest jersey on the team. I tend to be the jokester on my teams so no one really gives me crap about it.

When I played baseball I always wore #3. It was my dad's number and another thing that links me to it was my very first baseball game. Dale Murphy hit a home run at my first MLB game. In football I wore a couple of different numbers. But for baseball I would always wear 3.

I wore 52 my freshman and sophomore years for lacrosse in high school because JV had to wear number 50 or higher and 52 was my street address. For the rest of high school and college I wore # 13. In my one season in the NLL, I started with # 78 because I wasn't that great so most of the "good" numbers were taken and I was born in 78. I had to choose from the numbers the trainer had on jerseys and choosing my birth year seemed like a cool idea. Then I got traded and went back to 13. Now in grad school I am wearing #40 because it was the highest number we had. We didn't have a # 13 jersey and I wanted an intersting number. Everyone else is between 1 and 25 so 40 does stand out.

My one year of high school football I wore 32 for Emerson Boozer, my dad's favorite player as a kid. I was a wide receiver so it didn't make much sense, but no one seemed to mind.

I played a lot of hockey growing up but no numbers stand out. In college I played club lacrosse and wore both 52 and 31 (13 backwards). For some reason I wore 52 on the road and 31 at home. Odd, right?

Rob

This year, I wore #15 for basketball and thus made it my number for baseball. I've grown a liking to it. The other number I've worn a lot (and wouldn't mind going back to) is #11. I'm a third baseman so I've worn #11 after Nats 3B Ryan Zimmerman. The only reason I didn't this year was because I had no clue where I was playing coming into the year.

Also, I used to love the number 97 (don't know why though.)

6fQjS3M.png

I wore #10 in high school football because I was a huge Pearl Jam fan.

In college, I started playing rugby instead of football. Luckily, I played fly half, so I got to keep #10.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

I wore the #29 in lacrosse in high school and is my preferred number because my favorite NASCAR driver is Kevin Harvick, who drives car #29, plus Rick DiPietro wore 29 in the 2006 Olympics (if I was still in HS today I'd probably fit Ike Davis into the equation as well)

I also wore #18 in soccer, not really for any reason but it being one of the few numbers left, plus I also have worn the number #12. I'd also wear the numbers 22 and 44 due to their Syracuse traditions in lacrosse and football respectively, as well as the #5 due to it being my birthdate in December and David Wright's use of the number.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Baseball/softball = 2, no reason, I just like it. In our company softball league years ago, one guy wore 911 based on his skills (or lack thereof). That was pretty funny.

Football = 41. First liked it when I watched Brian's Song as a kid (it was Piccolo's number), then it grew on me because I just like the way it looks and not that many players wear it.

piccolo_brian.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived