Unpopular Opinions

15 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Swing music is heavily arranged and not open to collective improvisation outside the rhythm section (I think you're thinking of the hot jazz or Dixieland jazz of the early 20th century), and if you're saying the team was named the Jazz with no regard to New Orleans being the birthplace of jazz, you're deluding yourself.

That's right, my bad.... I was thinking of Dixie. BTW, I don't know Jazz at all.... and that fact was from the Jazz's own website. 

• Like 1

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

29 minutes ago, ScubaSteve said:

Bottom line is, the name Utah Jazz has become iconic enough that moving away from that would be a stupid move. There are no Bengal tigers in Cincinnati, so who the hell cares

Aside from copying the Browns' "CB" initials, I believe Cincy's nickname was a reference to the Cincinnati Zoo.

Had the Astros changed their name to "Diesels," "Railmen," or "Colts" with their move to Minute Maid Park, I would have loved to see their identity form around these two uniforms:

july-20-2011-houston-texas-us-rookie-houston-astros-2b-jose-altuve-DK655A.jpg 25713267304_bcd2f46743_o.jpg

The brick-centric look could have been fantastic. Still, I'm glad they came to their senses and brought back navy/orange. Tangentially, this color scheme (if the Diamondbacks weren't using it) would be good for the Rangers.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

Don't know how widespread this opinion is, but I think the Pacers' new duds are the best they've looked since at least the Flo-Jo uniforms of the '90s.

I'm with you on that one. I love nearly everything about the new identity. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Xamboni said:

Ignore my Canadian ignorance, but does Tennessee have a lot of oil?

Not to my knowledge.

12 hours ago, Ark said:

How many grizzly bears are there in Memphis?

IIRC, the Memphis Zoo has three in residence, along with two pandas and some polar bears. Apparently, black bears used to roam the Mid-South, and the story of Teddy Roosevelt refusing to shoot a baby black bear reportedly happened in North Mississippi.

7 hours ago, Bobster said:

According to the documentary known as 'The Beverly Hillbillies', yes!

The Clampett family was originally from the Ozarks, so Northern Arkansas and into Western Missouri. The original truck from the "documentary" lives at the College of the Ozarks in Branson.

3 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Don't know how widespread this opinion is, but I think the Pacers' new duds are the best they've looked since at least the Flo-Jo uniforms of the '90s.

I would love it if the home just said "Pacers" and the road* just said "Indiana."  I don't like the circular wordmark.  Everything else is nice, though.

*or whatever those jerseys are designated.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

1 hour ago, Bradbury said:

Not to my knowledge.

IIRC, the Memphis Zoo has three in residence, along with two pandas and some polar bears. Apparently, black bears used to roam the Mid-South, and the story of Teddy Roosevelt refusing to shoot a baby black bear reportedly happened in North Mississippi.

The Clampett family was originally from the Ozarks, so Northern Arkansas and into Western Missouri. The original truck from the "documentary" lives at the College of the Ozarks in Branson.

to be fair, granny claims to be from Tennessee..

• Like 2

On 7/31/2017 at 4:50 PM, logo-maker said:

I thought that any of these could pass for a one game alternate (could even work in the most current uniform template).

3b387bd24e4bc1de3b22f9401a3119a8--texas-

I know this is an opinions thread, and by definition a subjective one. But I can say objectively that you are incorrect. :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

This Rams look honestly wasn't that bad and I wouldn't have complained if they had kept it a bit longer.

IMG_5753.JPG

The problem though is that they once looked like this

HeBJjbMg.jpg

and this

iUYmrVj.jpg

Why use inferior uniforms?

• Like 5

I think this is unpopular:

I'd rather the Rams stick with the St. Louis colors than go with blue and white.

(Dickerson era is best; change to it now or wait until new stadium...but no interim blue/white helmet)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

2 hours ago, daniel75 said:

The Rams have never looked great, ok sure, but not great. I actually prefer them in blue and white.

I remember hating the royal blue and athletic gold when I was growing up.  I never thought I would ever prefer them in that look over anything. However, it's miles better than the drab St. Louis look.

In short, I completely agree with you. They haven't looked great in anything, and the blue and white is the best look.

• Like 1