Unpopular Opinions

10108445_display_image.jpg?1311359360

I think powder blue and yellow are the worst colors for a pro sports team ever and only suitable for an infant's bedroom.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

These might just be the best uniforms in college football, ever.

navy-unis-2012game1-500.jpg

here-are-the-crazy-new-uniforms-army-and-navy-will-wear-for-this-years-rivalry-game.jpg

It might just be an one-off, but these sets has full uniform potential. If Navy has a blue version of this uniform, they have a top 5 identity and Army's has amazing alternate potential with the current beauties.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

I like the fact that teams like the Tampa bay lightning are going for more classic looks, I don't see what the problem is.

They directly copied two of the most iconic looks in hockey and threw away a perfectly good modern identity (identity, not set) to do so.

----------

Unpopular opinion: I never really liked the Padres' sand roads. I didn't hate them, and I liked the uniqueness, but other than that, they're nothing special.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I never hated this Saint look,

sa642.jpg

I just wish they would give the look similar to that stripes instead of leaving it blank!

I've said it before and I'll say it again: The Saints' black-from-the-neck-down look would be 100 times better if they had those kind of stripes on their pants. That, or if they had a black version of their gold pants:

Jeremy+Shockey+Pierre+Thomas+Minnesota+Vikings+LUkMx9Dj0Val.jpg

Of course, I prefer the Gold/Black/Gold and Gold/White/Gold, but I wouldn't mind seeing that look from the Saints occasionally.

I don't understand why people hate this combination,

Brian%2520Sipe.jpg

Hopefully a couple of tweaks the Browns make under Haslam is that they bring back the orange pants and go with a matte orange helmet. With Nike's not-so-shiny pants material, that could make for a great combination. Think of a Brown/Orange version of Ohio University:

ohio%20football.jpg

With traditional Browns striping on the helmet and pants, of course.

While I'm at it, here are a few things I wouldn't mind seeing more of in the NFL--Matte Helmets, Alternate Helmets (outside of throwbacks/fauxbacks), and Jaguars-like Flaked Helmets. I really wouldn't mind seeing just a little college-style mix-and-matching in the pros. Nothing like Oregon or half of FBS teams out there, of course, but something teams can do to have a little fun and spice up their sets from time to time.

I can see the league allowing a second helmet option for teams to wear within 10 years. Teams can wear them up to, say, 2 to 4 times a year (ideally 2 home, 2 away). If that happens, I can see the Seahawks (gray), Jaguars (?), and Panthers (black) as the first teams having a non-throwback alternate helmet option.

Edited by DustDevil61

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

I like the fact that teams like the Tampa bay lightning are going for more classic looks, I don't see what the problem is.

They directly copied two of the most iconic looks in hockey and threw away a perfectly good modern identity (identity, not set) to do

I'm not saying the way they did it, just the classic style. There is a reason it's classic it looks good.

The Oilers should have kept this look (maybe lighten the blue so the navy didn't look black on TV):

Oilers14.png

I liked this look for the Washington Capitals:

Capitals16.png

Can't stand the Dallas Stars college look, should have stayed with this:

Stars05.png

Never liked the New York Ranges diagonal wording or their primary logo, they should have adopted Lady Liberty as thier primary logo and maybe keep the old blue diagonal "Rangers" jersey as a 3rd.

NYR_New.gif

Subsitute the "NYR" for the historical "Rangers" wording within the Lady Liberty logo and it would be better.

NYR_2.png

I swear the above post was not made by a dupe account of mine... even though I agree with nearly all of that.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.