Unpopular Opinions

My unpopular opinion, modern over traditional uniforms.

Honestly, that's such a broad statement. It's not as clear-cut as "these are modern, and these are traditional". Not everything neatly can be described as one of the two. Would the Blue Jays' set count as modern or traditional? The Flyers? The Stars' new set? There's a lot of grey area, especially with the trend to modernise classic looks and how a once-modern set can become quickly dated.

And I'll echo Mockba's sentiment about that soccer kit.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

My unpopular opinion, modern over traditional uniforms.

Honestly, that's such a broad statement. It's not as clear-cut as "these are modern, and these are traditional". Not everything neatly can be described as one of the two. Would the Blue Jays' set count as modern or traditional? The Flyers? The Stars' new set? There's a lot of grey area, especially with the trend to modernise classic looks and how a once-modern set can become quickly dated.

And I'll echo Mockba's sentiment about that soccer kit.

Baseball is more of a tradition based sport, I was meaning in football, and basketball. Alabama has a classic set, but its just boring. Arkansas "lightning bolt" uniforms are much much much better then in the McFadden days. And the '76ers throwbacks are ugly, but the Iverson days were great uniforms. That's what I mean.

Baseball is more of a tradition based sport, I was meaning in football, and basketball. Alabama has a classic set, but its just boring. Arkansas "lightning bolt" uniforms are much much much better then in the McFadden days. And the '76ers throwbacks are ugly, but the Iverson days were great uniforms. That's what I mean.

I know what you meant; I was just saying that most people don't have a concrete preference of one over the other - it's usually a case-by-case basis.

• Like 1

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

010278615410300.jpg

These Newcastle away kits were gorgeous. GORGEOUS.

Good God, no!!!

Look, you can have all the yellow you like in your Norwich FC unis, just keep your lemony-colored mits off of the Magpies' kits.

I really like this uniform myself

It's a unique look thats for sure. It's technically not a bad strip at all, but the colours....and the fact that it's Newcastle is what makes it so repugnant IMO.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

...a year after having their 50th anniversary?

The Astros have always been pretty modern and progressive when it comes to uniforms. From the shooting stars to the rainbow stripes, they are a modern team. Now suddenly they jump on the faux retro bandwagon and it looks silly.

1. I like Pinstripes on road uniforms and wish the Twins and Rockies would bring them back

minnesota-twins-road-grey-mlb-replica-je

way better than what they wear now

2. I loved the Rays original uniforms and devil ray cap

ImageviaAP_display_image.jpg?1367556806

3. I loved the Reds in this set

010399uniformsall_511x500.jpg

4. Not uni related but I think all those retro parks are unaesthetic (The only one I like is PNC) and actually like cookie cutters

In my opinion this

5919483362_d5dc879fd1_b.jpg

is better than this

300px-Nationals_Park_181.jpg

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif