Unpopular Opinions

3. I loved the Reds in this set

010399uniformsall_511x500.jpg

I liked that set as well when worn as shown. The problem with that set was that they had a winning streak while wearing the black underneath the home set and started wearing it all the time. The black under the home was a bad look. Actually that set was best with the red sleeves under both.

They never once wore the red sleeves under the road grays. They sold gray replica jerseys with red sleeves, which leads me to believe that it was the original intention to be the primary road look, but to my knowledge they were never actually worn that way on the road.

Cincinnati%20Reds%20jersey.jpg

Another clue that this may have been the original plan was the black stripes around the vest's sleeve holes that became unnecessary when worn with a black undershirt.

070200griffey.jpg

I sorta liked the black hats and sleeves at home during the 99 season because it so perfectly fit the feeling and style of that team, but by the following season I was ready for them to go back to being a primary red team

72477573_display_image.jpg?1292685396

In fact, they opened the 2000 season (the first year with Griffey) in red shirts and hats

Ken_Griffey_Jr._first_game_as_Red_2_2013

Starting that year and for a little while after they randomly paired the black undershirts with the red hats and helmets and that looked far worse than when worn with the black hats. It looked especially dooftacular when worn with high pants.

BOONE0001_20110819688.gif

When they moved into GABP they were fully red sleeves and hats at home, black sleeves and hats on the road, except for the 2006 All-Star game when for some reason Bronson Arroyo and Jerry Narron wore black sleeves with red hats.

This is one of many reasons I was glad they moved to their current uniforms in 2007.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I honestly love custom masks. I think it's really stupid that the NFL banned them. Honestly, what does it benefit them to ban these masks?

Uniformity, and it's safer for the players. Added mass = greater moment = more probable incidence of injury.

I honestly love custom masks. I think it's really stupid that the NFL banned them. Honestly, what does it benefit them to ban these masks?

Uniformity, and it's safer for the players. Added mass = greater moment = more probable incidence of injury.

Plus reduced visibility makes things more dangerous in a sport that fast where your reaction time is so small. As a player I have no idea why you want to make it more difficult to see what's happening in front of you.

PvO6ZWJ.png

So in short, while I do like these "retro ballparks", there is a homogeneity going on and it would be nice if there was still a County Stadium and a few more of those.

As much as I love Miller Park, I still miss County Stadium.

I would love Miller Park much more if it were downtown where it belongs instead of the Valley, away from the rest of Milwaukee because outstate fans are scurred of the big scurry city.

I come down from Superior twice per season. There isn't anyone more "outstate" than me without literally being from outside the state.

The three minutes it takes to get from Miller to downtown Milwaukee isn't that big of a deal.

To piggy back that post, I really prefer the Browns with the orange pants.

Unpopular opinion- I hate the orange pants so, so much.

I think the Browns should scrap the white pants. And go with the brown jerseys/orange pants (1975-83, 2003) at home, and wear the white jerseys/brown pants (2009) on the road. BTW: Add a orange/white/orange stripe on their brown pants it would look a whole lot better.

I think the Browns should scrap the white pants. And go with the brown jerseys/orange pants (1975-83, 2003) at home, and wear the white jerseys/brown pants (2009) on the road. BTW: Add a orange/white/orange stripe on their brown pants it would look a whole lot better.
Please no brown doodoo pants

I thought white on brown was > white on orange until I saw a concept on here.

Browns just need orange pants.

Herp-a-derp... brown is the color of poop! I bet no one's ever said that before! It's especially funny since I don't like their team! Derp!

:rolleyes:

• Like 3

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• Islanders fisherman

Wild Wing jerseys

I don't care for North Dakota Fighting Sioux indian logo

Chief Wahoo

Redskins Radioshack

Quad City Flames

Burger King

97uyh0.jpg

Bruh check out my last.fm

And my Rate Your Music

Fantasy Teams: Seattle Spacemen (CFA)

Signature credit to Silent Wind of Doom