Unpopular Opinions

I dont know if anyone else gets annoyed by this... but what gets under my skin with these NFL unforms is the Helmet logo placed on the sleeves of the uniform and sometimes on the pants.

fqi29e5mcq44igykjz6ckaddm.gif

saints-white-uniform.jpg

tizjri9e5fa7ivqglag4g9e3f.gif

The Dolphins and Falcons do this too, i'm leaving out others but it makes me cringe when teams decide to do that. In my personal opinion If the logo is on the helmet, why does it need to be anywhere else? Let the uniform speak for itself and let the helmet stand on its own. It must be a marketing thing with fans to show off what team they like. I just dont understand the reason behind the design.

I dont know if anyone else gets annoyed by this... but what gets under my skin with these NFL unforms is the Helmet logo placed on the sleeves of the uniform and sometimes on the pants.

The Dolphins and Falcons do this too, i'm leaving out others but it makes me cringe when teams decide to do that. In my personal opinion If the logo is on the helmet, why does it need to be anywhere else? Let the uniform speak for itself and let the helmet stand on its own. It must be a marketing thing with fans to show off what team they like. I just dont understand the reason behind the design.

I'd rather have it on the sleeves than the left chest like the Steelers and Jets have it. I just wish that if the logo is on the sleeves, have it be a big logo, not some penny-sized thing that's pretty lame.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I really like the thick colored collars that the Texans and Broncos have. The neckroll style (like the Saints) is bad, but I really like it when it's all one color.

nfl_nike_texans_576.jpg

I agree with you here. It looks great for those teams. I think it has to do with the fact that their uniforms are modern yet still classy.

I am not really a Georgia fan. But I do like their black/red combos with a touch of grey for their sports jerseys. They blend really well and it looks great. My favorite is when they wore the black helmets and black pants with their road white jerseys against Florida, I believe that was in 2009. Too bad they haven't worn them since, probably because they were getting chomped (no pun attended) by the Gators in that football game.

My wish in 2013 is they bring those unis back in the rematch against Florida (since the Bulldogs are the visiting team this year). Maybe they will have much better success this time around.

icon_15669173-675x380.jpg

UF-UGA_587813a.jpg

I am not really a Georgia fan. But I do like their black/red combos with a touch of grey for their sports jerseys. They blend really well and it looks great. My favorite is when they wore the black helmets and black pants with their road white jerseys against Florida, I believe that was in 2009. Too bad they haven't worn them since, probably because they were getting chomped (no pun attended) by the Gators in that football game.

My wish in 2013 is they bring those unis back in the rematch against Florida (since the Bulldogs are the visiting team this year). Maybe they will have much better success this time around.

icon_15669173-675x380.jpg

UF-UGA_587813a.jpg

Doubt it since the dropped the black jersey too
  • Like 1

Herp-a-derp... brown is the color of poop! I bet no one's ever said that before! It's especially funny since I don't like their team! Derp!

:rolleyes:

If it walks like a duck.....

And I've been a Browns fan since likely before you were born (at least hopefully you aren't older than I am and still using words like "derp" to seem cool online...) Allow me some self-deprecating humor, it's all we really have. Plus, ya know "BrianBrown" doesnt have a great ring to it either.

On 8/13/2013 at 5:13 PM, Harmening said:
On 8/13/2013 at 11:26 AM, Mockba said:

Herp-a-derp... brown is the color of poop! I bet no one's ever said that before! It's especially funny since I don't like their team! Derp!

Was just about to post something to this effect. Doodoo, turd, poop? Really?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

If it walks like a duck.....

And I've been a Browns fan since likely before you were born (at least hopefully you aren't older than I am and still using words like "derp" to seem cool online...) Allow me some self-deprecating humor, it's all we really have. Plus, ya know "BrianBrown" doesnt have a great ring to it either.

Where was the self-deprecating humor?

hi-res-51829258_display_image.jpg

2485724_display_image.jpg?1290582801

There you go right there, Browns...what's so hard about this? With proper matching road socks, even!!! (Needs the gray masks, though.)

They could designate this as their primary look tomorrow, and automatically infuse new life into their identity without even adding or subtracting anything (except those white pants).

Make this happen, Mr. Haslam. I'll even keep buying fuel from y'all.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

So in short, while I do like these "retro ballparks", there is a homogeneity going on and it would be nice if there was still a County Stadium and a few more of those.

As much as I love Miller Park, I still miss County Stadium.

I would love Miller Park much more if it were downtown where it belongs instead of the Valley, away from the rest of Milwaukee because outstate fans are scurred of the big scurry city.

Because it's so very, very far from the city... oh, wait, no, it's in the city, isn't it?

It's within city limits, but right on the edge, and pretty far from downtown. You don't really feel like you're in Milwaukee, just this weird Twilight-Zoney potato salad/beanbag toss containment area. I don't know how much of it was keeping outstaters away from Scary Milwaukee (which isn't scary unless you make a wrong turn around Marquette, or go north to the Koss factory). I think it was more that there wasn't really anywhere else they could afford to build. Also, the whole tailgating thing.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

'Sconnies do take their tailgating quite seriously. Plus there's a great bar within an easy walk of there. (...and, I'm sure, about twenty more I don't know.)

I'm not sure that a 5-10 minute drive from downtown is really all that far, though.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

'Sconnies do take their tailgating quite seriously. Plus there's a great bar within an easy walk of there. (...and, I'm sure, about twenty more I don't know.)

I'm not sure that a 5-10 minute drive from downtown is really all that far, though.

Is that with, or without traffic? And/or with, or without, all that daggone construction that's going on around there? (Or was, last time I went through there a few months ago.)

Either way, I kinda get what people are saying about Miller's location. Having passed by it a few times myself via I-43/894/whatevertheyrecallingitnow, it does kinda seem detached from the rest of the city by being out there all on it's lonesome...almost like the Palace at Auburn Hills that way (though not nearly the same distance.)

But then...also having been in and around downtown Mikwaukee (the first time by accident--and don't even ask me how that happened, I don't wanna talk about it), short of cannonballing some of the existing buildings/infrastructure, I also don't see where else they'd have been able to build a park downtown.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Well, good point... there's never a time when Milwaukee doesn't have every highway torn up with construction.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I would love Miller Park much more if it were downtown where it belongs instead of the Valley, away from the rest of Milwaukee because outstate fans are scurred of the big scurry city.

Because it's so very, very far from the city... oh, wait, no, it's in the city, isn't it?

It might technically be within Milwaukee's civic boundaries, but it's geophysically isolated from the rest of the city and accessible only by freeway (despite being built in an era when ballparks were being built to facilitate foot traffic) to where it may as well have been built in some remote Waukesha County suburb.

Between this, the Brewers taking "Milwaukee" off their road jerseys the year they moved into Miller Park, and their sudden push to market themselves in Northern Wisconsin... even going so far as to claim the new park's roof was built to guarantee they could freely commute to games and not have to worry about rainouts... it's not hard to connect the dots to see who they were trying to facilitate.

As for the whole needing to build Miller Park in the valley for tailgating thing.... I've never bought it. The old Park East Freeway was demolished around that time, and that would've been the perfect spot for a new Brewers stadium.

It might technically be within Milwaukee's civic boundaries, but it's geophysically isolated from the rest of the city and accessible only by freeway (despite being built in an era when ballparks were being built to facilitate foot traffic) to where it may as well have been built in some remote Waukesha County suburb.

Between this, the Brewers taking "Milwaukee" off their road jerseys the year they moved into Miller Park, and their sudden push to market themselves in Northern Wisconsin... even going so far as to claim the new park's roof was built to guarantee they could freely commute to games and not have to worry about rainouts... it's not hard to connect the dots to see who they were trying to facilitate.

As for the whole needing to build Miller Park in the valley for tailgating thing.... I've never bought it. The old Park East Freeway was demolished around that time, and that would've been the perfect spot for a new Brewers stadium.

God forbid I travel seven hours only to have a game rained out and not be able to attend the game(s).

Target Field is in downtown Minneapolis and the atmosphere before the game sucks. Miller and its location are far more fan friendly.

Without a doubt, the fact that it is technically within the City limits is meaningless...as you say, it may as well be in the sticks. I think there's always been some thought that they try to distance themselves from Milwaukee when marketing to the rest of the state, though I think marketing the absence of rainouts just makes good sense. Mediocre mid-market teams need to draw some fans from elsewhere.

As for tailgating, it was so big at County Stadium, I actually did buy it as a reason. There are some pretty whiny Viking fans about the same thing...they wanted the suburban location.

In any case, I'd prefer anyone get a stadium downtown and not on some off ramp...it's too bad.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)