Unpopular Opinions

I love the Rays' plaid billed hats and the Philadelphia Flyers current jerseys WITH the nameplate.

I hate the Flyers off colour nameplates that everyone seems to love.

If yauger72 loves the Flyers jerseys WITH the off-color nameplate -- apparently believing that it is unpopular -- then why does nash61 think everyone seems to love them? :wacko:

Every concept I've seen recently for the Flyers keeps them, teams have been duplicating them (see Sabres and several WHL teams), they're selling like hotcakes... to me that appears that they're popular.

EDIT: I looked up the PuckDaddy "Pass or Fail" post from when they were released. It was about 65-35 "pass"

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I think that some teams can really pull off a monochrome look in football.

I liked the mountain jerseys that the Jazz wore in the late 90s.

I like the Chargers navy blue compared to their lighter blue.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

i think im one of just a handful that think the gators should go to the white helmet they wore last year as a primary.

I'm with you on that one. I think the orange ones look too dated.

I don't hate the orange helmets, but the script is VERY dated. I haven't written in cursive since third grade.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

i think im one of just a handful that think the gators should go to the white helmet they wore last year as a primary.

I'm with you on that one. I think the orange ones look too dated.

I don't hate the orange helmets, but the script is VERY dated. I haven't written in cursive since third grade.

Agreed. It's the script that ruins it for me.

It's late, so I'll just leave this here before I hit the sack:

5fs9brfziigv6ho78ucp2ntto.gif

This is one of the best uniforms in the NFL. Monochrome or not, awesome is awesome.

Not my favorite, but still good for what it is. I'm still not sure but I think the first year they did it

that it was more green blue ..?

its good in its own right because the practically invented a color. but I would have used the old blue in the pin stripe and not lime/dayglo. I really dont see the point of the lime green jersey? its a bad reminder of the 1980s haha

This is one of the best uniforms in the NFL. Monochrome or not, awesome is awesome.

Not my favorite, but still good for what it is. I'm still not sure but I think the first year they did it

its good in its own right because the practically invented a color. but I would have used the old blue in the pin stripe and not lime/dayglo. I really dont see the point of the lime green jersey? its a bad reminder of the 1980s haha

Maybe because two blues and lime green look better then three blues?

the difference in shade is so great, I think it would work and the pin stripe isnt that noticable to make it a bad contrast. Look at Buffalo as example. they use 2 or 3 blues and 2 more colors added while still mimicing an old school design

the difference in shade is so great, I think it would work and the pin stripe isnt that noticable to make it a bad contrast. Look at Buffalo as example. they use 2 or 3 blues and 2 more colors added while still mimicing an old school design

Using Buffalo as an example of how do design a uniform is a very bad idea. The Bills have the prototypical bad uniform.

For the record they use two blues and nickel, and it looks terrible. The most needlessly crammed colour scheme in the NFL.

Using Buffalo as an example of how do design a uniform is a very bad idea. The Bills have the prototypical bad uniform.

For the record they use two blues and nickel, and it looks terrible. The most needlessly crammed colour scheme in the NFL.

TO EACH, their own, but I think Buffalo works quite nicely being complex without being overbearing.

TO EACH, their own, but I think Buffalo works quite nicely being complex without being overbearing.

Definitely the right thread for that statement. :P

I like the seahawks new look over the old one aswell --- but not the monochrome. They look ok all white, and best with white pants/blue shirt, but the all-blue doesn't do it for me.

Well I'm discovering more and more after talking with others that this is quite an unpopular opinion, but it's mine....I think Oregon State's beaver and script logo is one of the best in college, and the football helmet is one of the best. Also, I think the interlocking OS that so many people like works as an alternate, but wouldn't as a primary.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Death to the Ball-In-Glove logo

Agreed.

And, I hate the following:

Anything Minnesota Wild

Anything Baltimore Ravens

Anything Atlanta Thrashers

Anything Tennessee Titans

The Original AZ D'backs - looked like a bad prison tattoo.

Steelers round jersey font.

Mets black drop-shadows.

Pinstripes on basketball jerseys.

Death to the Ball-In-Glove logo

Agreed.

And, I hate the following:

Anything Minnesota Wild

Anything Baltimore Ravens

Anything Atlanta Thrashers

Anything Tennessee Titans

The Original AZ D'backs - looked like a bad prison tattoo.

Steelers round jersey font.

Mets black drop-shadows.

Pinstripes on basketball jerseys.

Pinstripes on any jerseys for me... The yankees get a pass.....all others would be better off without in my (probably unpopular) opinion.