Unpopular Opinions

Honestly, I like both styles. For example, Arizona's white-navy-white look is classic, but they also look good in all-navy, and I would love to see them wear a cardinal helmet with the cardinal jerseys and pants.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

With the exception of U of Arizona's white-red-red look (which I just love for some reason), I'm generally a fan of monochrome under one condition: it's gotta be monochrome from head to toe. That's why I like the Seahawks look & the Falcons when they used to have the all-black set, just to name a couple. I hate monochrome when the helmet is a different color from the rest of the uniform. Seeing a team like U of Washington wearing a gold helmet with an all-purple uniform just looks ugly to me.

So, to recap: In my opinion, monochrome with the helmet as the same color = ok. Monochrome with a different color helmet = not ok. Once again, that's just my unpopular opinion. :P

With the exception of U of Arizona's white-red-red look (which I just love for some reason), I'm generally a fan of monochrome under one condition: it's gotta be monochrome from head to toe. That's why I like the Seahawks look & the Falcons when they used to have the all-black set, just to name a couple. I hate monochrome when the helmet is a different color from the rest of the uniform. Seeing a team like U of Washington wearing a gold helmet with an all-purple uniform just looks ugly to me.

So, to recap: In my opinion, monochrome with the helmet as the same color = ok. Monochrome with a different color helmet = not ok. Once again, that's just my unpopular opinion. :P

I definitely agree, which is why, despite the extremely painful loss, I still like our 2009 Holiday Bowl look and I would love to see us break out the all-whites next season (call it the Swarmtrooper) and I've always wanted to see an all-cardinal ever since the cardinal pants debuted in 2008.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I definitely agree, which is why, despite the extremely painful loss, I still like our 2009 Holiday Bowl look and I would love to see us break out the all-whites next season (call it the Swarmtrooper) and I've always wanted to see an all-cardinal ever since the cardinal pants debuted in 2008.

Same here. A cardinal outfit would be a big hit for home games; wonder if they would put the gradient striping on a cardinal helmet. Though, I think they'll be sporting their navy look more to distinguish themselves in the PAC-12 next year.

*Images of favorite sports teams/players*

It's late, so I'll just leave this here before I hit the sack:

5fs9brfziigv6ho78ucp2ntto.gif

This is one of the best uniforms in the NFL. Monochrome or not, awesome is awesome.

Not my favorite, but still good for what it is. I'm still not sure but I think the first year they did it

that it was more green blue ..?

its good in its own right because the practically invented a color. but I would have used the old blue in the pin stripe and not lime/dayglo. I really dont see the point of the lime green jersey? its a bad reminder of the 1980s haha

The Seahawks' current unis are a perfect case of: "I know they aren't perfect and there has got to be a better way to do them but I just can't figure out what would be better"

I've tried over and over again to play designer and fix them but to no avail. In the end I come to the conclusion that they are as a good as they are going to get and in the end they really aren't that bad.

I actually liked the Dallas Stars' "Mooterus" logo.

And I agree with you about the Nordiques logo. Looking at it nowadays, it just seems so dated and old. Though I actually like the Jets and North Stars logos.

Dated and Old is how I feel about these team uniforms:

Kansas City Chiefs

Minnesota Viking (Throwback Uniforms)

Cleveland Browns

New York Yankees

Dallas Cowboys

spacer.png

My own heresy is about the Packers' untouchable uniforms. I was terribly disappointed that the rumored early 1990s switch-to-navy never happened, and I still wish that Ron Wolf had the guts to pull the trigger on his redesign in 1994.

It's not too late, Green Bay. The Rodgers era is just beginning.

Agreed.

Personally, I have an odd fondness for the Motre Bame logo, which I think would have looked good on the left chest of a jersey:

31-93705-F.jpg

I think it would have looked better in red and navy blue, the historic colors of the American Association Milwaukee Brewers.

8557127226_fbd001ef58_n.jpg

Even less popularly, I think the "M" used in this logo was the Brewers' best cap logo ever. The ball-in-glove is overrated and the Motre Bame logo is too intricate.

I love that logo. Had they used that as the primary for that look it would have been the Brewers' best ever.

This is one of the best uniforms in the NFL. Monochrome or not, awesome is awesome.

Not my favorite, but still good for what it is. I'm still not sure but I think the first year they did it

its good in its own right because the practically invented a color. but I would have used the old blue in the pin stripe and not lime/dayglo. I really dont see the point of the lime green jersey? its a bad reminder of the 1980s haha

The Seahawks' current unis are a perfect case of: "I know they aren't perfect and there has got to be a better way to do them but I just can't figure out what would be better"

I've tried over and over again to play designer and fix them but to no avail. In the end I come to the conclusion that they are as a good as they are going to get and in the end they really aren't that bad.

silver pants. silver helmets. updated logo. see my signature. :)

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Even less popularly, I think the "M" used in this logo was the Brewers' best cap logo ever. The ball-in-glove is overrated and the Motre Bame logo is too intricate.

I agree with your opinion about the Motre Bame logo: too many colors and too many lines.

The concept, however, is underrated, and a simplified (and recolored?) version would have looked pretty good:

5340203254_a28fcff0e3_z.jpg

i think it is one of the most unique, but no way the best.

and as for changes. three simple ones that would make it one of the best. white pants. wider pants stripe. and replace the random blue/silver on the logo on the helmet.

http://www.sportsblink.com/product_images/joe-jurevicius-seattle-seahawks-catch-jaguars-autographed-photograph-3353482.jpg

Funny, I thought people agreed there were too many red and blue teams already. I love the Brewers in royal blue and athletic gold. It's such a solid, no-nonsense pair of sports team colors. Flashy without being gaudy or overly complex, simple without being boring and overdone. The only other color combo I could entertain for the Brewers would be a German-inspired black/red/gold, and even that's not as cool as good old blue/yellow.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Funny, I thought people agreed there were too many red and blue teams already. I love the Brewers in royal blue and athletic gold. It's such a solid, no-nonsense pair of sports team colors. Flashy without being gaudy or overly complex, simple without being boring and overdone. The only other color combo I could entertain for the Brewers would be a German-inspired black/red/gold, and even that's not as cool as good old blue/yellow.

Interesting. I have always been bothered by the Brewers' blue-yellow scheme because it was a perpetuation of the color scheme of the Seattle Pilots.

I have always felt that Selig et al. should have changed the franchise's colors to the historic colors of the American Association Milwaukee Brewers.

Uni Watch Blog post about ideas to change Brewers' scheme

Chance Michaels' beautiful concept:

3883135902_9d1c84a4f9_o.jpg

We already have the Red Sox, Indians, Angels, Twins, Yankees, Rangers, Braves, Cubs, Dodgers, Phillies, Cardinals, and Nationals using navy and red together in some capacity. The last thing the MLB needs is yet another navy-and-red team. In fact, the majority of these teams could plausibly change their color scheme now.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

The Dodgers don't wear navy.

The only two team I could change there are the Indians (brown and red) and the Phillies (maroon, light blue optional). Everyone else is fine by me.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫