CFL.\NFL

Toronto Argonauts

BC. Lions

Calgary Stampeders

Cleveland Browns

New York Jets

New York Giants

Chicago Bears

Nice to see some of my unpopular opinions aren't so unpopular here...

- First, I love green in uniforms and can't see why anyone could get rid of it as a primary colour.

- Loved the Fishsticks Islander era, some of the best uniforms in hockey.

- Also really like purple and orange, really like those Coyote thirds and mostly liked the original Coyotes.

- Hate the Minnesota Wild's circular logo and any of the "throwback" uniforms they've tried since their original.

- I liked the orange Miami Dolphins uniforms ? maybe I'm the only one.

- The addition of black to the Mets' look was fine by me.

- I like the new San Jose Sharks look a lot. I liked their original sweaters and didn't care for the second set.

- Was a fan of the Spiderknight London Knights, though I must admit, their 1987-1994 logo was perfection.

- Liked a lot of the teal and purple era, not too much of a fad in my eyes.

- Hate some of the cartoony logos of that same era.

It's interesting how the history of a team affects the way people think of their identity. To me the Montreal Canadiens' logo is an uninspiring C with an H in it. I understand the importance of the team, but I don't think that necessarily automatically makes everything associated with them great. I don't hate the logo or anything, but I certainly wouldn't consider it close to one of the best. I think sometimes people are too influenced by the gravity of a team's history to make a fair judgement on the way they look.

Here's a few.

1.) I hate the Steelers' logo not just because of the team but because it's a blatant lift of another logo. (US Steel for those that want to know)

2.) The Browns do not need an official logo. (Let's be honest, they don't have one). The Brownie is the closest thing we've got and it's fine with how much it's used now. (Especially since it wasn't even introduced by the team).

3.) The CBJ logo is awesome. I liked their pre-Edge Alts better than their primaries now. (Pretty much because of the black)

4.) The Penguins' "dove" logo is miles ahead of that anthro penguin.

5.) The Oilers' newer color scheme is better than the light blue and sherbert.

dealwithit.gif

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

I firmly believe that this is the best jersey the Mighty Ducks have ever worn:

T_1.jpg

I LOVED that jersey!

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

T_1.jpg

I LOVED that jersey!

Same here. I was totally ready for that to become the primary, then they added a white version of it...then it mysteriously disappeared in favor of the old uniforms. I was SO sure that they were going to follow the late 90s-early 00s fad of turning the 3rd jersey into the primary set. Oh well.

T_1.jpg

I LOVED that jersey!

I remember Paul Kariya getting crosschecked in the face by Gary Suter after scoring a goal in the home version of that jersey. Gary Suter sucks. It also robbed Kariya of the unique chance to play in the Nagano Olympics, and missed the opportunity to play in Japan - the home of his ancestors.

Edit: video of the hit

• 2 months later...

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I've got a few to share:

These:

nba_g_kemp_payton_576.jpg

were FAR superior to these:

83902887.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA5487312CCAD76BBB052D0D1875A1448F22BE99CA5B24383CCD8

^^The 1995-96 look had a better color scheme in my opinion (Dark Green and Brick(?) go REALLY well together in my mind, especially with that gold trim), and I never did like the design of the 1980's-early 90's uniforms. I hated that wrap-around banner thing on the jerseys for some reason, and hated them when they came back in 2002 as well.

Though I'd tweak a few things (thicken the wordmark and simplify the numbers, namely), this:

242131_display_image.jpg?1291681938

Was better than this:

MiamiHeatTrio.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1281588232189

^^Mostly because of the colors and simplicity of the inagurals. To me, Red-Orange-Black is a better and more unique color scheme than Dark Red-Black-Gold. Though the current set is obviously a modernization of the previous set, there are some differences (striping patterns and colors obviously), and had the modernization more closely resembled the previous set, they would have been better. At the very least, they should have kept the color scheme red-orange-black.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I'm not going to tell you you're wrong for your opinions, but this....

1.) I hate the Steelers' logo not just because of the team but because it's a blatant lift of another logo. (US Steel for those that want to know)

...is just factually incorrect. The Steelmark wasn't the logo for US Steel, it was the logo for the entire American steel industry. It was a Cleveland-based steel company, Republic Steel, that suggested the Steelers adopt it as their logo. Later they received permission from the American Iron and Steel Institute, an association of the major American steel companies, to alter it by replacing the word "Steel" with "Steelers."

So it's not a rip-off. In fact the steel industry suggested they use it. That same industry gave the team their blessing to alter it.

To go with the Brewers talk on the last page, here's an unpopular opinion:

I actually prefer their current scheme to the old blue and athletic gold. And I like their uniforms and logos, generally. They look better now than they ever have in their history, I'd say.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

I like the standardized courts for the NCAA Tournament. I can't exactly place what it is that makes me like them more, but I prefer it to just playing on another team's home court.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I'm not going to tell you you're wrong for your opinions, but this....

...is just factually incorrect. The Steelmark wasn't the logo for US Steel, it was the logo for the entire American steel industry. It was a Cleveland-based steel company, Republic Steel, that suggested the Steelers adopt it as their logo. Later they received permission from the American Iron and Steel Institute, an association of the major American steel companies, to alter it by replacing the word "Steel" with "Steelers."

So it's not a rip-off. In fact the steel industry suggested they use it. That same industry gave the team their blessing to alter it.

You are right on all counts. But the logo still isn't very original. I realise its certainly not going anywhere but I think they could have done better.

I actually prefer their current scheme to the old blue and athletic gold. And I like their uniforms and logos, generally. They look better now than they ever have in their history, I'd say.

You're the guy!

You're the guy!

This got a legit chuckle out of me.

I agree with all of that.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I agree with all of that.

Me too. They don't look perfect, but the Brewers have never looked better.