Unpopular Opinions

On 4/4/2015 at 9:15 AM, WSU151 said:
On 4/4/2015 at 3:09 AM, Berlin Wall said:

I also don't like the huge badge on the front of the Warriors' uniforms. The uniform itself is kinda nice but the copperplate makes me miss the old blue and orange Warriors (which is the best look they ever had for me also, no matter what).

I made a quick photoshop of what they should've done:

or this:

This number font is a billion times better than Copperplate.

I don't like "The City" on the jerseys. (That seems to be an unpopular opinion)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I also don't like the huge badge on the front of the Warriors' uniforms. The uniform itself is kinda nice but the copperplate makes me miss the old blue and orange Warriors (which is the best look they ever had for me also, no matter what).

I made a quick photoshop of what they should've done:

jgp9gk.jpg

or this:

i739ti.jpg

The "badge" is part of the reason I love them so much. I think it looks great on the jersey.

Stirrups are stupid looking. What are even their purpose?

I think they do too, stirrups served a purpose back in the day when the dies in colored socks use to be toxic and they had to wear stirrups with a white sanitary sock underneath to keep from getting sick. Now that there is no need for them they should be eliminated.

I don't mind the fact that adidas makes every mls uniform and I love the mls number font.

I don't mind the Miami Marlins' current unis. I actually really like the Padres' current unis.

spacer.png

Also, I don't like the capitals' retros uniforms. I'd much rather them wear their regular unis and wear a modernized version of their blue jersey from their Stanley cup run in '98.

spacer.png

I'm not a huge fan of stirrups either, I do agree with the full socks with stripes, like the Giants had one year recently.

Stirrups are stupid looking. What are even their purpose?

I don't like stirrups either. Full socks look a thousand times better. Given that football has proven that you can still pull off stripes on full socks, there's even less of a reason to wear stirrups.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Most underrated has to be the Minesota Wild. Once you realize it's also a bear's head, it's like taking the red pill in The Matrix

Most overrated has to go to any of the teams in the NBA with a basketball in their primary logo. We get it people. You play BASKETBALL. In the National BASKETBALL Association. Where you use a BASKETBALL. BASKETBALL.

While I think the most overrated logos in my opinion is the current dolphins logo

1AXcr18.jpg

What? WHAT?! How dare you! (Just kidding :P) It wouldn't bother me if anyone said it was overrated. That being said, I like to think it's one of the better logos in sports.

The logos that I think are underrated and overrated both come from the same franchise. I think the Brewers current logo is underrated and their retro logo is overrated.

KvwFsgu.jpg

In my opinion I think the old cavaliers logo is one of the most underrated logos In recent memories

While I think the most overrated logos in my opinion is the current dolphins logo

1AXcr18.jpg

I think every Dolphins logo prior to this one was underrated, and it's borderline criminal that they took away the helmet and the facial expression from the dolphin.

1AXcr18.jpg

What? WHAT?! How dare you! (Just kidding :P) It wouldn't bother me if anyone said it was overrated. That being said, I like to think it's one of the better logos in sports.

The logos that I think are underrated and overrated both come from the same franchise. I think the Brewers current logo is underrated and their retro logo is overrated.

I think the script the Dolphins currently use---the one that's at the bottom of your posts, Dolphins Dynasty---is bad.

Most underrated has to be the Minesota Wild. Once you realize it's also a bear's head, it's like taking the red pill in The Matrix

I'm always confused when I read someone saying this. What else could you possibly first see?

8810_minnesota_wild-primary-2014.png

bufg.png

Whoa, lot's goin' on in this thread lols.

a. The Wild logo - it's when you see the bear head is when your mind blows, not the other way around!?

b. Dolphins' new logo is now underrated imo. The only thing they could change is the wordmark, needs caps lock for the NFL. Otherwise, I love the Dolphins' new branding & unis. They're sleeker, easier on the eyes, & more professional... all without scoffing at their heritage.

c. Cav's 90's unis are underrated by far. Maybe since it was a Mark Price era & not an LBJ superstar one... gets overlooked.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Underrated?

It's tough to be underrated in the 21st century exposure landscape... so I'll just put this here:

tfc-logo.jpg

Only the Blue Jays have a nicer Toronto logo & this one doesn't get appreciated enough because MLS unis are ad logo'd.

Overrated?

Reds & now Indians C's. Sorry, those generic C's do not jive for me. Chicago Bears' logo at least fits perfectly for their uniform & helmet.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark