Unpopular Opinions

newenglandrevolutionlog.gif

I actually like this and am surprised at all the hate it gets.

+1

Agree completely. It's not the best in the MLS, but it's Top 5. Compare this to the other original MLS logos and it looks magnificent.

I don't despise it, but I think an upgrade is due. Hopefully, to a Euro style crest. Because I love football crests.

spacer.png

It's late, so I'll just leave this here before I hit the sack:

5fs9brfziigv6ho78ucp2ntto.gif

This is one of the best uniforms in the NFL. Monochrome or not, awesome is awesome.

ghctcl5gnhkzncwxewl1gu06f.gif

In fact, if you'll look down at the comments here, you see I was the first to comment that I LOVED THEM.

This. I love the Seahawks' use of neon green, and I've always thought they should use a lot more of that color in their identity.

• 2 weeks later...

I like monochorome football uniforms.

I also hate white football helmets, for the most part. There are some rare exceptions where white helmets do look fine (Texas Longhorns, for example). But helmets should display a team's color, other than white. I mean, imagine if baseball helmets were white.

Also, in this modern time, I hate the gray facemask, unless gray (or silver) is a team color. If it's a tradition at a school or team, it's a bad tradition. The only reason teams had gray facemasks is because gray was the only color of facemask available for a long time.

I also hate white football helmets, for the most part. There are some rare exceptions where white helmets do look fine (Texas Longhorns, for example). But helmets should display a team's color, other than white. I mean, imagine if baseball helmets were white.

Imagine if football uniforms had grey shirts and grey pants. Every sport has its own conventions.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Imagine if football uniforms had grey shirts and grey pants. Every sport has its own conventions.

Have you not been paying attention to college football lately? :P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Speaking of Wazzou, I think I may be one of the few who absolutely LOVED thier "rebrand" of sorts. Even the double-grey. To me, that just looks awesome. Now, I wouldn't want it worn every week, but it's a great once-in-a-while uniform for sure.

The thing I loved most about thier "rebrand", though? They kept the cougar head - one of my favorite logos in all of college sports.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

If the Bengals dropped the white piping on their dark jerseys they'd have one of the best and most-distinctive looks in the NFL.

The Seahawks have never looked better.

Same for the Lions.

The Wizards looked better in their previous set.

The Lakers' current set sucks.

The Celtics should change their main logo to the shamrock OR incorporate gold into their uniforms full-time.

The Sabres should have kept their Slug-era jerseys instead of the pseudo-retro garbage.

The Sabres current uniform set is awful.

Yes its great they got rid of the slug but the Home and Away jerseys look like leftovers from the original edge rollout. Front numbers are unnecessary and the pit stains & piping ruin the otherwise retro design. The Third would look great if not for that awful contrasting nameplate stolen from the Flyers.

I hate the Rangers red jerseys and hats. Everyone seems to go nuts for them, I just don't see it. I prefer their blue jerseys, which I think are awesome.

....says the guy with the red, Red Sox hat in his signature.

are you aware that the red sox and rangers are two different teams?

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

The Lakers' logo looks dated and amateur - one of my least favorite logos in all of professional sports.

THIS. Everyone hates on the Clippers' logo for good reason, but the Lakers' logo looks like a bad photocopy of it that an 8-year-old colored in. Both teams could do so much better.

Another unpopular opinion... the pre-1999 Lakers uniforms were horrendous.

Magic-Johnson2.jpg

Everything from the wonky script to the huge drop shadows on the numbers looks awful and beyond amateurish. In contrast, the Lakers of today actually look like a professional basketball team.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12